• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Nexus of Space and Time

W

WALMART

Hmm, yes, I know what you mean on the 'time as a whole' concept, viewing the entire existence as one piece instead of a flowing line of progress. It 'flows', but it's more illusory because of entropy. I don't much like using that buzz word, but it fits in this sense. Time is the illusory experience of interacting particles. I think Brian Greene once likened it to slicing bread, every time a particle interacts with another 'time is sliced'. So it kind of digitalizes time's existence, makes it quantifiable, instead of this long analog flowing river.

The parabola modification is of my own doing. It represents the quantum uncertainty of far-distance interactions, which result in a singularity. Beyond a given point, the interaction is unknowable. As the particle approaches its destination of measurement, the odds of being found at a particular point is exponentially increased. It must 'decide' to exist. It's not a one hundred percent accurate model, but it shows a vague concept of how I view quantum uncertainty, and the immediate future...

(each color is a separate particle, btw. i can make a better drawing, I did that in like 3 minutes.)

To expound on the time being a falsity claim - Time is relative to everyone, but time passes the same for everyone. Particles always interact at the speed of light, always, relative to themselves. The concept of time is purely a side-affect of relative observation, it is as illogical as the concept of tangible geometry, which I do not believe exists.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been doing a bit of thinking about that pesky time thing. Time only runs differently relative to the observer.
That's true again... I didn't think about the pigeon brain effect; The pigeon brain effect is that the pigeon and myself; The human, both see time differently anyway.

I forgot to even begin to factor that one in, until just now... Well as ever;
"I don't know."

There is nothing to suggest that we're not stuck with our human brains and our human way of seeing things and doing things, just as there is nothing to suggest that we should measure everything based on our human brain's standard of time, delay and perception.

The pigeon brain effect has very little to do with space, but a lot to do with the observation of time.

W

WALMART

That's true again... I didn't think about the pigeon brain effect; The pigeon brain effect is that the pigeon and myself; The human, both see time differently anyway.

I forgot to even begin to factor that one in, until just now... Well as ever;
"I don't know."

There is nothing to suggest that we're not stuck with our human brains and our human way of seeing things and doing things, just as there is nothing to suggest that we should measure everything based on our human brain's standard of time, delay and perception.

The pigeon brain effect has very little to do with space, but a lot to do with the observation of time.

Hmm, yes. To each observer, they are experiencing the 'truth'.... further cementing the concept that there is no objective reality, apart from the observer observing.

Sigh. So many questions.

RicPTmc

MBTI Type
DNA
Instinctual Variant
sx
:sartre:
From what iv learned....

s-Pace and TIE-me, slows down ones creative powers, so that one is prevented to abuse existence.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just to help give this thread a boost once again, I'm going to include some of the notes I took yesterday when me, you, and Chawie spoke. Feel free [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] to provide feedback.

Lack of universal consensus shows how our measurements are flawed by personal prejudice, which leads to violence and misunderstanding. There's ethics in leaving people ignorant versus showing them light they can't adjust to. When I'm grown everyone else's growth will follow. My goal is to do what Giordano Bruno couldn't do, achieve universal enlightenment, in which world peace should follow. My mind growth will flow into our world system, even if unachievable - a good star to point to. Intention is a signal that connects with the source, which we can in turn connect with, causing certain dynamics and events to unfold. Leaving it all up to God is directionless. We must make our own path. God hasn't healed the planet. All things are eternally moving in an ever evolving dynamic system, producing all possible forms, worlds without end. Quantum mechanics deals with probability and connection, maybe saying something about God. Perhaps Tesla tapped into the universal memory when making prophecies for the future from psychic visions. Science holds many of the key concepts to philosophical cosmology, like string theory, the harmony of the symphony, any note being playable. God hasn't helped us, at least not in any earth-shattering way. We need to find the answer ourselves, even if we die in the process, as those who come can benefit - and maybe we can even come back different. It's how we see God, even in subtle ways. There are forces in our observable dimension, but maybe there's more. These things already exist. We just need to find them and invent categories for them. There must be a shephard to lead the sheep.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, surf away.

But does time actually run differently for those affected by the gravity wells? Here's a scenario:

Observer A is on Earth. Observer B is on the moon. Observer A is under the influence of greater gravity, so time passes slower for them, relative to observer B. I don't, however, think they are able to perceive this difference until external confirmation is brought in.... meaning time is still passing at the exact same rate for both observers relative to their own positions.

Kind of like how if you watch something enter a black hole it appears to never reach the event horizon, but relative to the object entering the black hole it is crushed into infinite(?) density. Black holes are something I have been meaning to do more research on.

Relative times run differently as opposed to each other. So yes, time at A is constant for A and time at B is constant for B but neither one is the 'correct time'.

The biggest thing to note is that time itself remains the same for the observer - not just on the clock, but in life. It appears as a constant to you because everything slows down. So if Observer A has slower time, they also age more slowly than observer B, and vice versa.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Or put it this way:

If person A and B will live for exactly 70 years each, and person A's time is twice as slow, person A will have outlived person B by 70 years in B's time, but only by 35 in their own time.