User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    Do we find Catholicism in your definition of Christianity? Catholics use all sorts of divination tools, like in that movie "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" the old nun lady puts some eyeballs in a wok with some other shit for future-telling purposes while the priest guy with the beard looks on in disgust. He must have had a weak stomach, but yes, that's a Catholic thing. I think it's even in the Catholic Bible.
    I believe the whole point is that she isn't a Christian, but practicing pagan rituals...

WALMART

I am going to say, like all Christians, you can pick and choose what you want to do. God will not judge, unless he does. Then you're fucked.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Biblically speaking, for Christians, it is not a wise idea. Divination is one of the big no-nos in the bible because not only does it open up windows and doors to demonic influence, but it negates the use the prayer and faith. Divination and fortune telling are viewed by the church as acts to control nature. It's completely contrary to the nature of christianity, which is giving up control.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRainbows View Post
    Biblically speaking, for Christians, it is not a wise idea. Divination is one of the big no-nos in the bible because not only does it open up windows and doors to demonic influence, but it negates the use the prayer and faith. Divination and fortune telling are viewed by the church as acts to control nature. It's completely contrary to the nature of christianity, which is giving up control.
    What I would like to know is how many actually believe that something happens when you do this.

What I mean by something happening is like something that happens when you stick a fork in an electrical outlet. Something literally and really does happen when you do that and it happens regardless of your mental state or belief.

This is opposed to something happening when you stick a fork in a potato. If there's a cult that believes in potato demons they may flip out and proclaim calamity if somebody sticks a fork in a potato, but on the other side of the continent people stick forks in potatoes obliviously with no ill effect because nothing actually happens (except for a damaged potato) so since they aren't psychologically primed for it, it means nothing.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    What I would like to know is how many actually believe that something happens when you do this.

What I mean by something happening is like something that happens when you stick a fork in an electrical outlet. Something literally and really does happen when you do that and it happens regardless of your mental state or belief.

This is opposed to something happening when you stick a fork in a potato. If there's a cult that believes in potato demons they may flip out and proclaim calamity if somebody sticks a fork in a potato, but on the other side of the continent people stick forks in potatoes obliviously with no ill effect because nothing actually happens (except for a damaged potato) so since they aren't psychologically primed for it, it means nothing.
    Well Tarot cards for example are so vague any reading can be applied to most situations. There is also the confirmation bias that people tend to go towards as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    Do we find Catholicism in your definition of Christianity? Catholics use all sorts of divination tools, like in that movie "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" the old nun lady puts some eyeballs in a wok with some other shit for future-telling purposes while the priest guy with the beard looks on in disgust. He must have had a weak stomach, but yes, that's a Catholic thing. I think it's even in the Catholic Bible.

I'm sorry, I'm a Catholic and I have yet to see such a ritual performed at my church.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post

I'm sorry, I'm a Catholic and I have yet to see such a ritual performed at my church.
    You've never been a Voodoo mass then.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You've never been a Voodoo mass then.
    I've seen some of those on TV, but that's about it. Freaky stuff.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    He did it because the Lord had turned away from him and he couldn't have the counsel of a Prophet. Saul is defeated in battle the next day and commits suicide.
    Yeah, I was reading over it today. It's been a long time since I read through the bible so my mistake.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

As a 35 year veteran tarot reader, astrologer and rune reader I have to say yes it is. Many psychics feel that they use divination to help people. However what they are doing is advising people to step off of the difficult narrow path and take the easy route, that nice wide road that allows us to walk around difficulties and life's trails. Basically turning people away from Christ. Which for those of the Christian faith is one of the worse things you can do.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and learn not unto thine own understanding.