User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Caution: Satanist

Im mostly just curious as to how many other LaVey Satanists there are on these forms. And how long you have been following the philosophy.

And for those of you who have not looked into it at all, please hold off the witch hunt until after lunch. Im not talking about demon worship or summoning satan or curses.

LaVey Satanism is a philosophy based on the celebration of humans as animals and our animalistic instincts, and a rejection of any social structure that denies or limits our instincts and rights to them.

Once again I would just like to hear from others as myself, for ive met very few.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTj

Okay . . . now shit just got real.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think you'll find that nobody's interested in witch-hunting you here. I'm a Christian (although certain fundamentalists would argue that fact) and I'm not fazed by your satanism in the least.

Your Pinhead avatar, now, that creeps me out a bit.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Despite the fact I don't object to much of the philosophy, and I score pretty high for Satanism on the "What Religion Are You?" tests - I cannot get past the name.

The fact that LaVey named it Satanism will forever seem childish. It might impress me when I was 13, not so much anymore.

MBTI
    INXP

LeVeyan Satanism makes a good bit of sense, and while I am not an official observer, I can't say there's any tenet I do not follow in it.
    Let's do this thing.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

In a nutshell Satanism insists on the spiritual promotion of the self. This is diametrically opposed to Buddhism and Christianity who insist on self-abnegation, the surrender of the self to a higher power. They argue that all evil (conventional Buddhist theologies directly, and many Christian theologies implicitly) stems from selfishness, yet they could demonize the Satanists along that path saying that because they are all about making you selfish, they are servants of Satan in the strictest sense of the word. Follow their philosophy: get as evil as you could possibly be. Isnt this what you could expect for Satanism to do to you? LaVey's ethics failed to wash off the fiendish stigma of Satanism in that respect.-
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Follow their philosophy: get as evil as you could possibly be. Isnt this what you could expect for Satanism to do to you? LaVey's ethics failed to wash off the fiendish stigma of Satanism in that respect.-
    Wouldn't say that.

I believe a sufficiently bright, but unrepentantly self serving person is very difficult to tell apart from a "selfless" person. I don't have every skill in the world, and you may have what I need, I will be good to you. It doesn't bring me any pleasure to make the world more disgusting-looking, I do not litter.

I certainly do not cheat or steal. I am not bright enough to get away with it, and I respect your property.

It's not particularly warm and fuzzy, but I wouldn't call it "evil," except maybe in the sense that not doing what's expected of you is "evil."
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

It sounds interesting. Humans have instincts to be warm and fuzzy and friendly too. I've been feeling a little restricted lately.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The fact that LaVey named it Satanism will forever seem childish. It might impress me when I was 13, not so much anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well im not sure if you ever realised but the name and the fact that Satan was used as a figure head was meant to be a mockery of Judeo Christian philosophy in itself.

It was literally meant to piss of Christians because he knew, like lambs to slaughter they would follow the bait.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    Well im not sure if you ever realised but the name and the fact that Satan was used as a figure head was meant to be a mockery of Judeo Christian philosophy in itself.

It was literally meant to piss of Christians because he knew, like lambs to slaughter they would follow the bait.
    Well chyeah. It's kinda "I know you are but what am I!"-ish. There's nothing impressive about shocking little old ladies who go to church twice a week.

The quality of the people you take on speaks volumes about who you are. Shocking conservative Christians? Laaaaame.
    Let's do this thing.