• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Caution: Satanist

hereandnow

MBTI Type
INTP
Im mostly just curious as to how many other LaVey Satanists there are on these forms. And how long you have been following the philosophy.

And for those of you who have not looked into it at all, please hold off the witch hunt until after lunch. Im not talking about demon worship or summoning satan or curses.

LaVey Satanism is a philosophy based on the celebration of humans as animals and our animalistic instincts, and a rejection of any social structure that denies or limits our instincts and rights to them.

Once again I would just like to hear from others as myself, for ive met very few.

Meh.

Why the caution label? Most people associated with Satanic worship are by and large unable to crawl out of a phonebooth with the door removed.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Thank you all for your oponions I usually get the same boreing stuff from most people.

And I apologise Hereandnow that I couldnt come up with something wittier I just didnt want to leave it as Satinism. Seem a little boreing, but I also couldnt think of anything better so my fault, oops. And the ones youve met must have either been really young or really immature, and or a combination of both. There seems to be a large number of those in the "Wow look at me!" religions such as wiccan, paganism and satanism. Too many kids wanting to be "cool".

And on individualism dealing with intincts, I feel that theirs now better way to express you individualism. Cause as us being human animal and not just apes or wolves we are obviously far more complex. And with humans intsincts it no different; It has been shown that many people actually have or can have differing instincts just do to likes and dislikes and oponions or values. So in my personal oponion theres no better way to be the true you and show your individuality than through your instincts.

Also with instincts concerning self-control, its kinda hard to explain unless youve read the Satanic Bible mostly just cause it would take so long to do so. But in LaVey's Satanisms "letting the wolf loose" or going by instincts is so prided and celebrated because of the fact that it takes such self control to keep them in check. But its not keeping them in check really its more so allowing your self to be at peace with your inner most being and knowing that there is no line between you and it, you are just yourself. You dont have to keep them in check for you are safe with in the boundaries of your own instincts already.

And as a side note, in the philosophy its deemed wrong to hurt or kill those that dont deserve your wrath.

And actually just for future reference, I know this is going to make me sound "lame" or "childish" but I do hate/despise/do not respect Judeo Christianity as a whole. Not individuals of the following or practice (some yes lol) but the religion, its findings and just its teachings in them self.

"If a man should slap you on one cheek, SMASH HIM ON THE OTHER!" - The Satanic Bible

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Satanist ethics seem to assert that what is natural is good. Appeasing impulses and 'letting the wolf out' is a good thing because it seems like this is what we were made for all along, our human nature begs us to do this.

Ok, then I should ask, what if, hypothetically, if everybody did this, consequences were disastrous.

Maybe what is natural isnt necessarily synonymous with what is good. Maybe we have to use reason to figure out what good is and it may have nothing to do with what we like or dislike. (For the record, in philosophy the ethical maxim that equates good with natural is labelled as the naturalistic fallacy. Yes, fallacy, it is perceived to be an error in reasoning.)

So, this makes it possible, much to your dismay Helix, that..hypothetically if the world would be a better place without us, we have to prostrate ourselves before nature (God... or whatever)...and hence to the satisfaction of the Buddhists.. we do have to turn the other cheek when a man strikes us on one because we have to perform self-abnegation.. We have to lose the Will to live..

But anyways... this is just a hypothetical scenario... that for example if good is whatever makes the universe the best possible place...what is natural may have nothing to do with what is good... and the real good may be the most unnatural thing for us to pull off... like exactly what Christianity and Buddhism insist on... complete self-lessness and self-abnegation... in many theologies of which death is considered a good thing...(This is how Satanists and Ethical Egoists attack Christianity/Buddhism/Ethical Altruism... they say that those ethics are obviously worthless because the point of ethics is making us happy... yet those ethics deem death as a good thing).

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Does Satanism acknowlege that no matter how much our instinctual or other desires are indulged and sated, that we become bored and turn to new things ?
If so, would it simply say "So then pursue those new things" or would it suggest that we might challenge ourselves ( in addition to the standard and obligatory gauntlet thrown down to "society" ) in "Promethean" fashion - to examine those desires with the same cold eye Satanism usually focuses on Christian dogma ? To see those very desires as "hurdles" vs. "rewards" to the self - or to challenge the very idea of "self" ?

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
:offtopic: Since I know very little about the distinctions between the various satanist forms, I hit it on google and feel over a Danish Satanist website where satanists answers questions about satanism - some of the questions asked are quite funny (I do believe many of the questions are asked by fairly young people).

Nanna and Maria: We would like to know if possible...Do you celebrate Christmas? Perhaps another version of Christmas?

Fisker: Can you become a satanist if you have been confirmed?

Moni: Why are people afraid of satanists and why don't they like them?

Rikke: Can you withdraw your membership from satanism? (I have investigated satanism and think it sounds interesting - perhaps I'll want to be one myself).

Susie: When can you call yourself a satanist and if you claim to be one, can others argue against you and tell you that you'r not?

Ronni: Does any of you celebrate christmas? (perhaps because you've got kids).

Sambo: ...what do you have to do to become a satanist?

Nicole: I am a girl who is making my second school project about satanism. I've previously been a satanist (only for a week though) but my parents didn't like it .....I am (unfurtunatly) confirmed.

Nina: How many kinds of satanists are there in Denmark and are there *real* devil worshippers among them?

Rasmus Lund: What kind of clothes does satanists wear? Is it true that you cut yourself...do you all have black hair?

Michael: What does a satanist do? Do you carry out rituals or do you play cards?

Camilla: What does satan really look like?

hereandnow

MBTI Type
INTP
Satanic worship, as with any worship, is illogical. The OP seems to think that people should run and hide because he's chosen one of the more benign and ineffective forms of superstitious nonsense. The choice of pinhead and the cautionary warning may well have worked in another time but now just point to an obvious need for a hug from somone. If not given, he's likely to infer that he will boil the head of a dog from the next trailer over.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Satanic worship, as with any worship, is illogical.

You must have a very narrow definition of worship. Although I kind of doubt you had any definition at all when writing that post, since your logic assessment is so half-assed and just plain WRONG given religious premises.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There's not much worship in LeVey Satanism. It's bascially Nietzsche, individualism, and some superficial Jung thrown in for obnoxious-points.

I do see a clear parallel between LaVey's Satanism and Nietzsche Ethical Egoism. (Will worship).

Though could you point out where LaVey was influenced by Jung?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Using Satan as an archetype for personal growth seems pretty Jungian to me, although again, that was mostly for show.

#1 reccomended reading by the Church of Satan, (I assume behind LeVey's works):

Man and his Symbols, by Jung.

Cant we say the same for many Christian theologies that long pre-dated Jung, using Jesus as an archetype for personal growth?

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Cant we say the same for many Christian theologies that long pre-dated Jung, using Jesus as an archetype for personal growth?
I'd say the agknowledgement that Satan is a personal archetype and not a historical figure is a pretty fundamental difference. Most LeVey Satanists would laugh at insistance on a real Satan or a real Christ as ignorant fairy tale stuff.

Edit: Further, I'd imagine many Satanists reject the Messiah archetype as harmful. They'd view it as the embodyment of the human need to be rescued from the concequences of their actions, and further, as the need to be rescued from their own impulses. Lack of personal mastery of your own impulses, to the point one needs rescue from them, is pretty much the CoS version of "evil."

Don't shoot the messenger here. Playing Devil's advocate. Heh.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd say the agknowledgement that Satan is a personal archiatype and not a historical figure is a pretty fundamental difference. Most LeVey Satanists would laugh at insistance on a real Satan or a real Christ as ignorant fairy tale stuff.

Seems like you were right on the mark there. Though I do believe, that even for Christianity, a literal Christ is also unacceptable, and His role as the Lord and Savior must be interpreted allegorically.

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Nn, you might be right for some very liberal Christians, but not for the vast majority.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems like you were right on the mark there. Though I do believe, that even for Christianity, a literal Christ is also unacceptable, and His role as the Lord and Savior must be interpreted allegorically.

Hmmm? I think I shall agree with Meshou on this one. Even those who doubt the "literalness" of some of the books like Genesis usually don't think Jesus was just allegory.

hereandnow

MBTI Type
INTP
You must have a very narrow definition of worship. Although I kind of doubt you had any definition at all when writing that post, since your logic assessment is so half-assed and just plain WRONG given religious premises.

Booyalab: Being pretentious is a skill you use well if for no other reason than to appear intellectual. Considering your own posts and logic, the two are so far apart as to be practically non-existent.

Define for me, in your own words, how worship of a non entity is logical. Take your time. You'll need it.