• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spiritual goals?

Lark

I've been thinking about this since someone gave a dumb new diary thing, it has a section in it for listing five goals and putting them in an order for priority, there are those which seem relatively easy to decide on physical goals, which I presume are diet and fitness, finance, which I think is saving and paying off loans or something like that, property, any big purchases or mortgages, emotional, mental, which I'm assuming is stress or sleep or stuff like that but then there is spiritual.

I just thought what? Which then made me think that while I practice a religion, read about it, pray, talk to other people about it and allow it to influence all my ethical decisions that I've maybe to think about this still, what does this mean to you? Do you actually have spiritual goals or priorities?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I want permanent internal peace :blush:

Permabanned
I want permanent internal peace :blush:
youre_doing_it_wrong_pin-p145490948514560141en8go_400.jpg

A

Anew Leaf

that inner peace when all layers within me align towards my version of mecca.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is an interesting concept. Something measurable, time limit, and specific. Hmm. Maybe I'll meditate 15 a day for 30 days. I feel pretty spiritually balanced though! Maybe trantra with a lovely woman haha that would be nice

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To grow, to learn, to find peace

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To comprehend the mind of God, the ultimate power in the Universe is my spiritual goal.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My spiritual goals tend to be fairly practical, even prosaic, and fall into three main categories. The first involves the mechanics of practice: to meditate and pray more, to get my circle together, to find/develop a ritual for a certain occasion. The second involves researching some relevant topic, by reading books and/or exploring online. The third involves applying all of this to some manner of personal improvement - not usually the things that fall into other categories like exercise or personal finances, more like being less critical of others, or taking more time to relax, etc. This last can also involve ways to align my daily living habits with my beliefs, as in finding new ways to conserve resources and use/waste less from the earth.

Omission1234

My "goals" for spiritual development would be lets think about it.. im just joking its written on my wall. Im always thinking of this. Ive recently done pretty good in progress on one.

1. Eat lighter, healthier and leaner for me: I have gluten and lactose allergies so Im pretty much vegan at the moment. Only because I like the feeling from eating green.

2. Meditate more and keep my mind calm

3. Learn to love myself more, I guess in all aspects of this term haha. I've made good progress in this one, I've learned to not take myself so seriously. :D yay!

4. Express myself in everything I do.

5. Be true to myself, my heart and loved ones.

6. Live a whole life and whole self

7. Take care of those around me and treat them well.

To me these are some of my daily goals, I just like to remind myself these points so I can tackle other aspects of my life better. In short it'll eventually let me be somewhat "grounded". Haha I feel like that snl skit "daily affirmations!"

I joke, but these are really important to me, as well just try to find humour in everything or at least morbid humour in my spirituality. I'll always be learning, living and loving life!

:hi:

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Take time each day to communicate with my Essence, basically to work on feeling more "connected" to myself

2. To become more knowledgeable about the teaching I study

3. To spend a little time each day, in increasing segments, liking myself and my life

4. Meditate more often

5. To work on my tendency to judge others and myself harshly

gromit

likes this
[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION], that is good you bring this up. When I was going to church more regularly, there was a lot of focus on spiritual and self improvement. But now, without that context, I think my goals are a lot more results-focused. Trying to get into a PT school, being more punctual, nutritious eating, improving communication, relationships, etc.

There was a lot of focus on daily prayer and study, and I couldn't ever live up to that standard, so I guess in a way that is a relief, not feeling that pressure anymore.

Beorn

Permabanned
I don't have spiritual goals.

Spiritually...
I am accepted
I am forgiven
I am justified
I am loved
I am united with my God

I do have spiritual work to do, but that work is an act of worship and thankfulness not a goal to be achieved.