User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Well, with that logic, we could say that taking a shower every morning at 6:31:24AM can be different. You can use different body gel, you can use different sponge, you can use different temperature water, you can use different soap, you can use different hair gel (or however they are called). You can use a different towel or different lights and music. It still is taking a shower: getting yourself wet, brushing yourself with a sponge with some gel on it, getting some sticky stuff into your hair and getting more wet again to wash it off, then drying yourself up with a towel. Therefore, I say that small details matter very little.
    Except that playing a game of CS gungame or random mini-games, or zombie mod, or glass floor or surf maps or....etc I could go on is vastly different than the core game. The two are not comparable.

I understand your analogy, but in some contexts it doesn't apply.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Except that playing a game of CS gungame or random mini-games, or zombie mod, or glass floor or surf maps or....etc I could go on is vastly different than the core game. The two are not comparable.

I understand your analogy, but in some contexts it doesn't apply.
    While the analogy doesn't, the idea does - small details do not drag something out of the routine circle. If the core changes, like the mini-games or surf maps, etc., then you can't call it routinely. It's a whole different thing, in this case - whole different game principles.

While the analogy doesn't, the idea does - small details do not drag something out of the routine circle. If the core changes, like the mini-games or surf maps, etc., then you can't call it routinely. It's a whole different thing, in this case - whole different game principles.
    Exactly! Although....I would still say that the game is called Counterstrike, so technically, (the best kind), it is still Counterstrike and you are still playing it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Exactly! Although....I would still say that the game is called Counterstrike, so technically, (the best kind), it is still Counterstrike and you are still playing it.
    That's the framework, not the big picture. Like HL2 mods, or whatever is the current hype-mods. I always hated game mods, I like the original stuff, I dislike the amateur-made stuff. Unless of course it's made professionally, which is the case in less than .5% of all the mods.

P.S. It's called Counter-Strike, not Counterstrike.

P.S. It's called Counter-Strike, not Counterstrike.
    Work that Si!

- A.A. Milne.

Work that Si!
    I can relate more to Se - I want quality stuff rather than nothing or being okay with whatever there is. If I had the means, I'd be constantly buying new technology and selling the old stuff: 680GTX changed with 690GTX, a new car, etc.. I also notice external stuff that is different or that means something very efficiently. Now it's a bit harder, as my eyesight isn't that good, so I notice less stuff than when I was younger.

I can relate more to Se - I want quality stuff rather than nothing or being okay with whatever there is. If I had the means, I'd be constantly buying new technology and selling the old stuff: 680GTX changed with 690GTX, a new car, etc.. I also notice external stuff that is different or that means something very efficiently. Now it's a bit harder, as my eyesight isn't that good, so I notice less stuff than when I was younger.
    It was more of a joke about the point of Si being described as basically a constant cross comparison of perception with previously experienced information.

In other words it is the one that supposedly recognises incorrect spelling or grammar and subtle nuances of difference in an environment. And wanting quality stuff...can be intepreted in any number of ways. It might be a shared value of Fe or a personalised value of Fi, it could be the desire to experience the best sensory experiences Se, but it could also be for the purposes of efficency, Te, it could even be an association with a certain company or product as being experienced as being of good quality, Si. Functions are funny like that...malleable to context and so often very hard to discern.

- A.A. Milne.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by ms.behaving View Post
    Depression.
    oooh I waas going to say that.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

It was more of a joke about the point of Si being described as basically a constant cross comparison of perception with previously experienced information.

In other words it is the one that supposedly recognises incorrect spelling or grammar and subtle nuances of difference in an environment. And wanting quality stuff...can be intepreted in any number of ways. It might be a shared value of Fe or a personalised value of Fi, it could be the desire to experience the best sensory experiences Se, but it could also be for the purposes of efficency, Te, it could even be an association with a certain company or product as being experienced as being of good quality, Si. Functions are funny like that...malleable to context and so often very hard to discern.
    That would be Se and in most cases Te then, for me. As for observing little cues, I still think it's Se, as you process the outer information. Si is comparing things to the past experiences, which I'm not a huge fan of. Most of the comparisons to the past experiences that anybody does I see as illogical; a thought process leading to the conclusion, however, I see as the logical approach. Of course I don't mind taking into account past, validated experiences, however they may be used only if the current evaluations seem flawed. Otherwise, I will never base any decision solely, mostly, or even averagely, on past experiences.

Otherwise, I will never base any decision solely, mostly, or even averagely, on past experiences.
    Well Si is a perceptionary function, they dont make decisions, only filter information in. The evaluative judging functions are the ones that do the decisions..or rather they help them along.

Incidentally, what do you base the decision to speak the words you have absorbed all your life on? And in the form that the collective environment agrees upon?

- A.A. Milne.