User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 55

  1. #11
    Senior Member ms.behaving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Is your friend happy?
    - MB

  2. #12
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I'm not sure how enlightened you can get by wanting nothing.
    Evidently.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  3. #13
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,878

    Default

    Being on the opposite end.. I can say that I have desired a lot of nothing at times. But it is a desire I seem unable to grasp for even a temporary period of time. I dream of it, and think it is within reach, but it is fleeting, like a mirage.

    I desire to just bum around... chill out all day, have no agenda, no projects, no obligations.. Just sit back, have nothing to weigh on my mind or busy my hands. I take days off, sure, and decide I won't do anything of merit and just relax and watch movies or something. But a prolonged period of just silence, and solace, and quiet.. I can definitely see why people desire it. I just don't know how they obtain it. I, apparently, have way too many fucks to give, so this goal eludes me.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ms.behaving View Post
    Is your friend happy?
    He is.

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Evidently.
    Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Being on the opposite end.. I can say that I have desired a lot of nothing at times. But it is a desire I seem unable to grasp for even a temporary period of time. I dream of it, and think it is within reach, but it is fleeting, like a mirage.

    I desire to just bum around... chill out all day, have no agenda, no projects, no obligations.. Just sit back, have nothing to weigh on my mind or busy my hands. I take days off, sure, and decide I won't do anything of merit and just relax and watch movies or something. But a prolonged period of just silence, and solace, and quiet.. I can definitely see why people desire it. I just don't know how they obtain it. I, apparently, have way too many fucks to give, so this goal eludes me.
    Well, I think he's an ESFP (you're an ENFP) - he's generous even to random strangers, and if the interests don't match with his, he would use the guy and drop him, or make fun of him, however he's extra-nice with his friends, respects them and wants respect himself. Kind of the "gang" guy with a bit of unorthodox touch (plays video games ).

  5. #15
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    No car, no house, no computer upgrades, no mobile phone upgrades (or whatever the teens (not saying you're a teen) are in these days, iPads?), just basic stuff that you wouldn't replace until it has holes in it?
    Shelter covers the house part. If I didn't have to work I could take the bus to the library and hang out all day with the homeless folks. Work enough to get a new laptop every few years. I have a dumbphone I'm okay with (we have four lines sharing 550 minutes a month and have 3000 rollover minutes because we just don't use them much) and had my 2nd gen Nano until earlier this year. It still works fine but didn't have bluetooth when I wanted wireless headphones, so I upgraded and passed the old one down to the kids.

    It's not that I don't like the toys, it's just that I have to want them pretty bad to make it worth the effort. I'm easily amused and lazy. I grew up in a . . . I guess financially unstable environment would be the best way to describe it. We moved a lot. Had the utilities shut off sometimes. Sometimes food was a little . . . well, there was always food, but sometimes it was slim pickings. I like to be secure and I like to have luxuries but I'm adaptable and The Joneses and I have never lived on the same side of the tracks, so to speak. My standards are relatively low, relatively speaking.

    I appreciate the little hedonistic pleasures of food, comfort, sex, and books. I craved predictability as a child and I enjoy it as an adult. I loved living in the dorms when I went to college because nothing ever got shut off and there was always plenty of food. I've done the housewife thing for most of my adult life and didn't want extras enough to make a career a priority. I really mostly have what I want: my sweetheart and my spawn and peace.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  6. #16
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Submission of their own needs to those of others

    Perception of unrecoverable loss

    Belief that their wants are unreachable

    Lack of awareness of wants

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Huh?
    When Eshun, the Zen nun, was past sixty and about to leave this world, she asked some monks to pile up wood in the yard.

    Seating herself firmly in the center of the funeral pyre, she had it set fire around the edges.

    "O nun!" shouted one monk, "is it hot in there?"

    "Such a matter would concern only a stupid person like yourself," answered Eshun.

    The flames arose, and she passed away.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  7. #17
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Would the nick name slacker maximus be appropiate?

    My ex neighbor had a step son like that, age 31, never had a job, smoked weed all day like your friend and played PS3. No goals, no plans, no accomplishments, he justed wanted to BE. I blame the weed frankly. He is an ISFP.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Shelter covers the house part. If I didn't have to work I could take the bus to the library and hang out all day with the homeless folks. Work enough to get a new laptop every few years. I have a dumbphone I'm okay with (we have four lines sharing 550 minutes a month and have 3000 rollover minutes because we just don't use them much) and had my 2nd gen Nano until earlier this year. It still works fine but didn't have bluetooth when I wanted wireless headphones, so I upgraded and passed the old one down to the kids.

    It's not that I don't like the toys, it's just that I have to want them pretty bad to make it worth the effort. I'm easily amused and lazy. I grew up in a . . . I guess financially unstable environment would be the best way to describe it. We moved a lot. Had the utilities shut off sometimes. Sometimes food was a little . . . well, there was always food, but sometimes it was slim pickings. I like to be secure and I like to have luxuries but I'm adaptable and The Joneses and I have never lived on the same side of the tracks, so to speak. My standards are relatively low, relatively speaking.

    I appreciate the little hedonistic pleasures of food, comfort, sex, and books. I craved predictability as a child and I enjoy it as an adult. I loved living in the dorms when I went to college because nothing ever got shut off and there was always plenty of food. I've done the housewife thing for most of my adult life and didn't want extras enough to make a career a priority. I really mostly have what I want: my sweetheart and my spawn and peace.
    That's nice attitude, you seem to be honest about it. I like that.

    P.S. Buses suck!

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    When Eshun, the Zen nun, was past sixty and about to leave this world, she asked some monks to pile up wood in the yard.

    Seating herself firmly in the center of the funeral pyre, she had it set fire around the edges.

    "O nun!" shouted one monk, "is it hot in there?"

    "Such a matter would concern only a stupid person like yourself," answered Eshun.

    The flames arose, and she passed away.
    You mean she died screaming loudly, from pain so unbearable that's felt by very few people throughout their lives. She was burned like a witch, except there was no stake. She did it because she believe in god and wanted to acknowledge it.

    Passed away...

    Well. Still not as good as the Vietnamese demonstrations.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Would the nick name slacker maximus be appropiate?

    My ex neighbor had a step son like that, age 31, never had a job, smoked weed all day like your friend and played PS3. No goals, no plans, no accomplishments, he justed wanted to BE. I blame the weed frankly. He is an ISFP.
    I do blame weed as well (at least to some point), as he started to change dramatically when he started smoking weed. Before that, he talked more, could play games with me, the only topic wouldn't be "where to get money and where to get weed today," and he cursed less.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Maybe, they don't think the sacrifice is worth it.

  10. #20
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    There are people who will claim to not want anything when deep down they have just as many wants as everyone else. Unhealthy enneagram type 2s can be like this. They deny that they have their own needs while taking care of everyone else's.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




Similar Threads

  1. Why do some people on this forum seem to dislike MBTI?
    By sofmarhof in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11-19-2015, 08:43 PM
  2. "Angry" music: why do some people find it relaxing?
    By BadOctopus in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-14-2015, 10:42 AM
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 05:07 AM
  4. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO