philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Science + Spirituality in Harmony

What do you think?

320302_519777651385025_334748777_n.jpg

To what extent is spirituality compatible with science? What do you think of the quotation on the photo?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    What do you think?

320302_519777651385025_334748777_n.jpg

To what extent is spirituality compatible with science? What do you think of the quotation on the photo?
    Make the photo bigger. I can't even see it.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

It's only possible under very specific circumstances imo
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

What does the term "agape satori" mean?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

'Spiritual' and 'spirituality' are such muddled words I don't even know what people think they mean when they say them.

WALMART

They are compatible, in many cases deeply intertwined, with all this new-agey BS I subscribe to.

I feel if one finds each mutually exclusive they are not reaching the potential of their being, should there be any objective criteria for such a measure.

MBTI
    INFJ

To me spirituality is just working with your inner self - something which nearly everyone does even if they don't know it.

Actually a lot of times it is easier when you don't know it, or aren't aware of it, because when people are aware of their doings they tend to start wording about them, which potentially changes everything.

A lot of people might say that a song is not spiritual - and let them go on saying that, it's probably better that way - but it effects you internally no matter how much you don't know it. That's the nature of spiritual things and things in general. They don't go away if you refuse to acknowledge them. You've had it all along even if you denied it.

As for science, its obviously around. The two coexist no matter how you slice it or define things by wording about them.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Make the photo bigger. I can't even see it.
    You have to click on it. And if you know how, please tell me. The fact that I don't is really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    'Spiritual' and 'spirituality' are such muddled words I don't even know what people think they mean when they say them.
    That's fair. I feel this way about right and wrong. Not that I don't know what they mean, but that the words can have so many meanings and connotations I feel like just throwing them out.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    To me spirituality is just working with your inner self - something which nearly everyone does even if they don't know it.

Actually a lot of times it is easier when you don't know it, or aren't aware of it, because when people are aware of their doings they tend to start wording about them, which potentially changes everything.

A lot of people might say that a song is not spiritual - and let them go on saying that, it's probably better that way - but it effects you internally no matter how much you don't know it. That's the nature of spiritual things and things in general. They don't go away if you refuse to acknowledge them. You've had it all along even if you denied it.

As for science, its obviously around. The two coexist no matter how you slice it or define things by wording about them.
    Interesting perspective! It's certainly true that spirituality is in regard to the spirit of a person. I think of it like connecting with the collective spirit of all things, made up of consciousness and life energy.

Of course there's much more to it than that. You have to connect on all the planes of existence: physical, mental, emotional, astral, and spiritual. That's what it means to be in harmony with reality. Science I think is completely compatible; I think it's a subset, because it gives us a picture of objective reality. Then we can spiritually connect with it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Forget Inferior Fe, your Si is effed up.
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.