User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I think you put too much stock in your personal spoken/literate/electronic paradigm as primarily defining of a culture. At least it's too much to assume that people agree with your premises. Maybe you should start a thread on the premises.
    The literate culture depends on argument and premises. And as I move into our electronic culture I find I dislike argument, agreement and disagreement. And premises depend on a linear, sequental view, whereas electronically everything is connected to everything else, just as you and I are connected across the globe.

WALMART

It's funny, I can ALWAYS tell which threads you've started based squarely off the title.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Of course they don't, rather there is a sacred priestly caste who can read and write manuscripts. And the priestly clerics read aloud the sacred manuscript to the faithful. We see the remnants of this in church today when the priest reads the gospel aloud to the faithful.
    Getting rid of that is a big improvement if you ask me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The literate culture depends on argument and premises. And as I move into our electronic culture I find I dislike argument, agreement and disagreement. And premises depend on a linear, sequental view, whereas electronically everything is connected to everything else, just as you and I are connected across the globe.
    Unlike say.. the Talmud, another work that you'd classify as spoken culture, yet based in argument and premises. I just can't figure out why if you insist on floating in your little universe, why you need to try to use factoids to enforce it on the world. Just drop that stuff and let the ones who want to dance with you dance. It would be a better dance than you have now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

The electronic culture has it's pros and cons. People will find whatever they want sacred to them, so long as it has meaning and they agree with it.

Sadly, a lot of what's posted online is a bunch of junk, and an extension of marketing in the new era. These supposed articles published online with statistics and studies to prove credibility, really aren't that academic.

True academic resources are unfortunately expensive for the public to get a hold of. So when you have people ascribing and taking so-called "scientific literature" online from these .com sites at face value, you also get a generation and culture of people who stop questioning and passively take in information as though it is their written Koran or Bible.

But the beauty about electronic social media is that people can share knowledge and information with one another in a way that's more intimate and convenient compared in IRL when people are in a rush or don't have time in fast-paced communities. Isolated cultures that are illiterate seem to enjoy more genuine face-to-face interactions, and their social mores for living are differently the same. Even though they don't have a text to live by, they have poetry through music and dancing that gives meaning to their connection just like every other human being/social creature on this planet.

MBTI
    INFJ

Uh oh, peoples makin sense all up in yo thread Victor
    Whatcha gonna do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Getting rid of that is a big improvement if you ask me.
    The priestly caste of the spoken culture transform into the priestly caste of the electronic culture under another name.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Uh oh, peoples makin sense all up in yo thread Victor
    Whatcha gonna do about that?
    All of literature is written in the language of common sense, except for the poems of Arthur Rimbaud, and I plan to slip the bonds of common sense and join him.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Unlike say.. the Talmud, another work that you'd classify as spoken culture, yet based in argument and premises. I just can't figure out why if you insist on floating in your little universe, why you need to try to use factoids to enforce it on the world. Just drop that stuff and let the ones who want to dance with you dance. It would be a better dance than you have now.
    If you can't hear the beat, there is no need to dance with me.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    It's funny, I can ALWAYS tell which threads you've started based squarely off the title.
    I think of them as headlines.