• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is our path in your life? What are the travails of following the path?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What is our path in your life? What are the travails of following the path to make necessary course (changes in direction) corrections in a predisposed plan?

“My personal belief is as we are in a maze. We try, but we are as children molded by time and life's undesirable circumstances. Some suffer, and a few do indeed succeed. It is as a truth, we all must walk our independent journeys. Hopefully along the way we find friends which can help us in our destiny. And that is to be true to ourselves without doing harm. It is different for each soul.

I like it in Hinduism there is a saying that there are many roads to the top of the mountain. We are all different. Every special person does possess some very different belief. One does not make the attempt of changing another being. For all have a mystical way that applies to our own self. We need different approaches to reaching ourselves and our true potential. What is right for one is definitely not right for another person.

We must each make our individual Journeys. There is an inner light in all of us. It is as a truth, we all must walk our independent journeys. Hopefully along the way we find friends which can help us in our destiny. And that is to be true to ourselves without doing harm.

We must find it to be free and peaceful and fulfilled in this lifetime. It is a worthy journey of self-discovery as well inner discovery. Treasure the friend who can help you in this most miraculous of journeys.

Friendship is precious. In order to have a real friend, one must be real. Real with self and others, and not hiding behind masks-social masks designed to hide our true beings from others, even from our own soul. How do we get to this inner healing & inner knowledge of the soul, as well as whom we really are? Well, first must want to make the journey, a journey of self-discovery, finding out who we really are.

It is a difficult & perilous journey. One must be willing to face pain, and death of old concepts, as well as cherished beliefs. One must discover who one really is, not the mask. Mask protects us. So it seems. More so it keeps us prisoner locked up in chains of our own devising. So children, let us be free, finally to be ourselves, pure, unadulterated, with weaknesses, and shame. but willing to face that pain, to reach one's true potential.

I am aware all have some different variance of the path. It must have respect until harm will befall a person and another. If a person is on a dissimilar journey then they have lessons to learn which are different from yours. We should be cognizant of this and not judge. For he / she who judges, only fools self which is a tragedy. Why is it a tragedy? We are so blind searching for the light and when we judge we only lengthen our journey.

I've really had a discovery that understanding, wisdom plus a love makes a bridge in a little understanding. Without an attempt to view another view we shorten our self. Plus we may indeed lose a lesson to be thoroughly in a need to understand.

The path that leads toward enlightenment encompasses many demons, travails, hardships but one must have their vision clear on a goal and this is to become freed from illusion. The wisdom of discovering who we are, and were meant to be lies inside. This is why no being can tell another how to live.

The answers must be discovered within. We are travelers on a cosmic journey-stardust swirling and dancing in eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. But the expressions of life are ephemeral, momentary and transient.

Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, once said, "This existence of ours is as transient as autumn clouds. To watch the birth and death of beings is like looking at the movements of
a dance. A lifetime is like a flash of lightening in the sky, rushing by like a torrent down a steep mountain."

We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment, but it is transient. it is a little parenthesis in eternity. If we share with caring,
Lighthearted-ness, and love, we will create abundance and joy for each other. And then this moment will have been worthwhile.

Like I said, this man can write (Deepak Chopra). Let me borrow a few of his words. "We have stopped for moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment...."

We have come together with Peace and Love. It is a precious moment. However the journey to being in an enlightened condition is a life journey, a journey of discovery and self- reflection. On the journey one shall find the most marvelous treasure and that is discovery of self. No one must stick with their rigid beliefs but bend like a willow through all life's many travails. I do have another metaphor in describing life and its emotion.

At some time it seems we indeed are now in an oasis, for we seem to be happy. At some other different times we happen being in the dessert, suffocating and forlorn with limited view of our future. But we must keep going. Ahead happen to be mountains plus cool streaming water, we shall climb a mountain and see new vistas.

Apparently On our journey's we need two types. Type one that reinforces us, rejuvenates us, & inspires us. We must also deal with unpleasant experiences that force us to examine our core beliefs and either strengthen them or modify the position we hold.

But ideally it takes two intelligent and rational people willing to learn. Along the path we will find those that try our patience and fortitude of spirit. Yet, I believe there is the possibility of synergy here and hopefully we both grow.

We have both witnessed useless argumentative wars because egos were not strong enough to listen and process, as well as use critical thinking. There may be a disagreement between us but we are sensible. We listen. It is either true or not according to our sensibilities.

The brain is constantly processing. (1). "...me that the person on the path who is quite dissimilar might have much to teach us. (Romana)" I concur. Remember what I said it takes at least one individual willing to keep a door open. But if the other party is totally distorted it takes an extreme amount of work to build a bridge of understanding and trust. With diligence there is much to learn.

It is very uplifting. It is hard to walk the path of peace in a world of violence. But the alternative is worse. The correct wise thing is to stay true to the path to the best of one's abilities.

What is refreshing is finding a light such as yourself & others while on the path of wisdom, knowledge, love, & mercy until these too are truly transcended and it just comes part of your being.

Oh, I am Myers-Briggs (MBTI) INFP, Cognitive Style "Mercy", & Enneagram #9. Many blessings.” LightSun

Permabanned
I enjoyed this. It resonates with what I've come to acknowledge. I could say much, but would add very little.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
'Life's Lessons Learned From Two Types of People One Meets While On The Path'

"Apparently On our journey's we need two types. We will meet others of similar mind sent to inspire us, as well as perceived adversaries that only make us stronger. Type one that reinforces us, rejuvenates us, and inspires us. We must also deal with unpleasant experiences that force us to examine our core beliefs and either strengthen them or modify the position we hold. But ideally it takes two intelligent and rational people willing to learn.

It takes at least one individual willing to keep the door open for communication to occur. I have witnessed useless argumentative wars because egos were not strong enough to listen and process, as well as use critical thinking. Along the path we will find those that try our patience and fortitude of spirit. Yet, I believe there is the possibility of synergy here and hopefully we both grow."

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
'Individual Path and Journey in Life With Different Life Lessons'

“If a person on the path is very dissimilar, then we don't fight them, and try to either change or mold or clone them into a carbon replica of ourselves, nor force them unto our journey. If a person is on a dissimilar journey then they have lessons to learn which are different from yours. We are all unique individuals. If possible, we let them go on their way. They must learn from life experience. We let them go on their way and predestined chosen path. We must concentrate and remain true to our path and learn the lessons of life to be imparted to us. We should be cognizant of this and not judge. For he or she who judges, only fools self which is a tragedy.

Why is it a tragedy? We are so blind searching for the light and when we judge we only lengthen our journey. Anything else does contribute to the ignorance & as well the folly in what is the world. I like it in Hinduism there is a saying that there are many roads to the top of the mountain. We are all different. We need different approaches to reaching ourselves and our true potential. What is right for one is definitely not right for another person. We must each make our individual Journey.

Each must walk an individual path. It is not lonely for on the way one meets a soul group. A group of extraordinary individuals, who each has something important to share and for us to learn. This is if we keep an open mind, and seek to expand our minds and understanding thus increasing our conscious awareness. Sometimes our paths are parallel and at other times, we must walk the path alone. However, at the end of the journey is a reunion, of those who came before you successfully.”