Thread: Morality

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Good? Bad?

I'd argue that it is more difficult to assess the individual.

A society is easier to define, within the context of its ethical structure and/or historical behavior.

I've noticed you describe MBTI as a system of creative limitation. Canberra is just as guilty. America, too.

Default Before We Can Fly

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Good? Bad?

I've notice you describe MBTI as a system of creative limitation. Canberra is just as guilty. As is America.
    Please, please! The USA is the world's most successful global economy and a liberal democracy.

While Canberra is the Capital of the 15th largest economy in the world for only 20 millions Subjects of Her Majesty. And is quite naturally a liberal democracy.

Both the USA and Australia are forces for good in the world.

It would be nice to say the same for MBTI.

But I can't even describe MBTI as a "system of creative limitation".

MBTI reifies living persons.

And we feel comfortable with this because it validates the emotional suit of armour in which we are entombed.

We are like cicadas who need to break out of our chrysalis, out of our emotional suit of armour, before we can fly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Please, please! The USA is the world's most successful global economy and a liberal democracy.

While Canberra is the Capital of the 15th largest economy in the world for ony 20 millions Subjects of Her Majesty. And is quite naturally a liberal democracy.

Both the USA and Australia are forces for good in the world.

It would be nice to say the same for MBTI.

But I can't even describe MBTI as a "system of creative limitation". MBTI reifies living persons.

And we feel comfortable with this because it validates the emotional suit of armour in which we are entombed.

We are like cicadas who need to break out of their chrysalis, out of our emotional suit of armour, before we can fly.
    To be a force for good. How wonderful for our armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    To be a force for good. How wonderful for our armor.
    I really like to be understood. But you have replied before you have understood what I have written.

In turn, I can't understand why you don't feel embarrassed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I really like to be understood. But you have replied before you have understood what I have written.

In turn, I can't understand why you don't feel embarrassed.
    Your desire is reciprocal, my friend.

Deciphering your response was hampered by your clumsy use of taxonomy. I've done some work in Entomology and had hoped your tone was...light-hearted?

Chrysalis (see: Silence of the Lambs - rather trite...) are transformative patterns of development towards an ideal (eclose) that contrasts sharply with your political variables. Your...example...is quaint. I mean this kindly - I'd suggest further analysis of basic Entomology/genera Tacua before soldiering either chrysalis/larval behavior or cicada biology into your lexicon...

As a quick note, the "coded" poetry you offer suggests insecurity. Instead of up-fronting your ideas, you work to veil them in subjective phrasing. Doing so creates a distance between you and your audience - if others fail to "get" you, you can safely retreat to your fortress. What you offer isn't elevation or vision - it's just poor writing.

See Wildcat for sincerely brilliant noetic verse.
    Last edited by Night; 06-04-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: comma use

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    A morally anarchist society would actually restrict freedom because the rule of law isn't designed to protect society from the individual. It's purpose is to protect the rights of the individual from tyrannical rule. Without it, you're at the mercy of the guy with the most guns. No property rights, no right to a trial, no right to your own money (so why try to make any?).
    Restriction of freedom=holing yourself up in your barricaded house clutching a futile weapon in terror and hoping you starve to death before someone shoots your family.
    Nicely said.