First 12345 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    To the OP: I just think of complicity to the crime. Surely the other twin could have done something to stop it...?

Every time I think of conjoined twins, I think of what I perceive pervs think about. It's like I have a pervy alter ego conscience.

So do you pervs think what I think you think? Or not.
    The murderer head has to blow his cell mate?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    See, that's why the discussion is perfectly suited to a thread in TypologyCentral.

Exactly; well summed.

Likely, but not necessarily. The other brother could be tricked and/or distracted.

The murderous conjoined twin could not kill the innocent twin without also killing itself. The murderous twin could not use the threat of death to coerce the innocent twin into going along with the mudwr unless the murderous twin was suicidal as well as homicidal.

I suppose if it were me I would sentence them to around the clock monitoring and denial of luxuries to the guilty twin. As prison like as possible without affecting the life of the other twin. A complicated and elaborate punishment but I think plausible given the number of times this would occur. Basically it would allow the innocent twin to continue life without the threat of their twin hurting more innocent people. Two armed guards with a night and day shift. Maybe don't allow tem to read, or write letters. Blindfolds and noise canceling headphones if the other twin want to watch and movie or have company.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I don't understand conjoined twins. Who controls the body?
    Both. I had in mind something like that:

The Abby+Brittany case is a bit different, as each one controls one arm and one leg:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    The murderous conjoined twin could not kill the innocent twin without also killing itself. The murderous twin could not use the threat of death to coerce the innocent twin into going along with the mudwr unless the murderous twin was suicidal as well as homicidal.

I suppose if it were me I would sentence them to around the clock monitoring and denial of luxuries to the guilty twin. As prison like as possible without affecting the life of the other twin. A complicated and elaborate punishment but I think plausible given the number of times this would occur. Basically it would allow the innocent twin to continue life without the threat of their twin hurting more innocent people. Two armed guards with a night and day shift. Maybe don't allow tem to read, or write letters. Blindfolds and noise canceling headphones if the other twin want to watch and movie or have company.
    That was pretty good. I've contemplated the blindfold punishment as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Both. I had in mind something like that:

The Abby+Brittany case is a bit different, as each one of them controls one arm and one leg:

Those Siamese guys (if they are the famous siamese twins im thinking of) were actually sepperable.

Ashely and Brittany are different. That situation again makes me wonder how a mudwr would even be possible. You couldn't sedate the twin, you couldn't acquire a weapon or travel without their knowledge.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Ashely and Brittany are different. That situation again makes me wonder how a mudwr would even be possible. You couldn't sedate the twin, you couldn't acquire a weapon or travel without their knowledge.
    A: ''Hey sis, let's go to the kitchen and get some food.''
    B: ''Great.''
    *A gets a sharp knife out of the drawer*
    B: What's that for, sis?
    A: Self defense. I think a dangerous guy has been following us.
    B: Eh??
    A: Yep. Trust me.
    B: Well, it's not like I have a choice. Ok, then.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

No I don't think so.

B: what are you talking Bout no one has been following us I have been with you ever single second of every day of your life and I know what you are saying is false.
    A: shut up and come this way.
    B: not until you explain the knife ... Is this about x event? I'm not walking until you put that knife down.

Probably even something like

B: I can feel that our pulse is elevated. What is going on??

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Isn't there a general principle, even within the law, that it is better to let a guilty person go free than to punish an innocent person? It is a difficult question because there isn't a "right" answer, but I think the punishment would have to be limited to preventing further murders while minimizing the punishment towards the innocent individual. This may mean that the guilty one gets an "unfair" degree of leniency, but the alternative is the greater of the two evils.

Edit: I am approaching this based on the assumptions that one twin is clearly guilty and the other clearly innocent, because even if it hasn't happened in reality, it is a philosophical and hypothetical exploration.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

No I don't think so.

B: what are you talking Bout no one has been following us I have been with you ever single second of every day of your life and I know what you are saying is false.
    B: not until you explain the knife ... Is this about x event? I'm not walking until you put that knife down.

Well, that's much more likely, I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Isn't there a general principle, even within the law, that it is better to let a guilty person go free than to punish an innocent person?
    Yes.

It is a difficult question because there isn't a "right" answer, but I think the punishment would have to be limited to preventing further murders while minimizing the punishment towards the innocent individual. This may mean that the guilty one gets an "unfair" degree of leniency, but the alternative is the greater of the two evils.
    Agreed.

Edit: I am approaching this based on the assumptions that one twin is clearly guilty and the other clearly innocent, because even if it hasn't happened in reality, it is a philosophical and hypothetical exploration.
    Indeed.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

No I don't think so.

ponders how the fight/flight response might look.....
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com