User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    But I think that you will know yourself far better if you make it through one.
    This is absolutely true.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm interested in how it could be a beneficial though.

Is it like a sort of "life gives you lemons, make lemonade" or that movie about the guy who got his arm trapped and sawed it off and made it home?

Or it about recognising your limits and adjusting to it with a comprehension that things you once believed, about safety or certainty, may have been false?

Is it the new appreciation for life and the present moment which I've heard people confronting illness or threats to their life can experience?

Or is it about realising what and who you are prepared to betray or what collaterol damage you could bare or live with in a sort of sophies choice kind of way?

For me it raises many questions.

WALMART

Fear does things to the body few experience regularly, and those that don't are in for it should it come knocking.

It's why special forces training consists of mock POW camps, being bound and thrown in water, and other unfavorable situations.

Special forces soldiers are shown to produce more of the hormone that returns the body to normal come a potentially fearful situation, more than the average infantryman, likely far beyond what the average human is capable of.

You know that white hot coldness that pits in your stomach? it's miserable, and lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm interested in how it could be a beneficial though.

Is it like a sort of "life gives you lemons, make lemonade" or that movie about the guy who got his arm trapped and sawed it off and made it home?

Or it about recognising your limits and adjusting to it with a comprehension that things you once believed, about safety or certainty, may have been false?

Is it the new appreciation for life and the present moment which I've heard people confronting illness or threats to their life can experience?

Or is it about realising what and who you are prepared to betray or what collaterol damage you could bare or live with in a sort of sophies choice kind of way?

For me it raises many questions.
    For me it was beneficial because I learned that I could handle myself in a true emergency. I learned that my instinctual self-preservation instinct kicks in before the paralyzing fear. That's huge to know. At least for me it is.