• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Death completion or waste?

W

WALMART

Can't it be continuation?

Narrowing something like death down to two choices... lol?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Neither, or it depends on the manner of death, or age at the time of death, perhaps.
This is from a purely biased perspective.

W

WALMART

I am glad personal thoughts of death seem to be a recurring theme for entp's, however.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
tumblr_m5iu2xl2Vr1qa3vo5o1_500.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
Death is the way nature selects. Yes, Natural Selection is driven by death. If we didn't die, there would be no Natural Selection. So we die to make room for those who are fit to survive in our environment.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

this is awesome and so is your avatar, I <3 harold

I don't like multiple choice but if I am given only two options...completion is the answer. I don't believe life ends though...so i'm not sure if completion is the right answer...but i know waste isn't...nothing is waste.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
If I had to choose one or the other, I'd say its a waste before you've lived your life.. and a completion after you have.

Example: I was sad my grandmother went, but I was happy for her too.. She was in pain, had lived her days, and was basically waiting for life to take its course. It is a happy situation, because she died naturally and lived a long life. It completed it for her--no more pain, she finally got to find out if her devotion to God actually meant something or not.. Something I may not know until I join her much later in life.

Example 2: A young girl my friend knew got hit by a drunk driver on the street near where we live and died as a result. I'd say its a waste.. She had her whole life ahead of her, she was young, she had no control over the situation.. In my eyes, its a waste to see people go from situations like that. I also find diseases that take lives prematurely a waste.

Just personal opinions though.. I think death is a fact of life, and something to ponder at times, but I try to avoid dwelling on it too much. I don't find death a sad thing in and of itself, only sad if the situation like example 2 occurs, but I do find it intimidating and a bit out of my league.. Id rather focus on the things going on right now.

Lark

I guess the answer is that it could be either, this is a question about how you spend your life rather than its conclusion despite its first appearence.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Death is a number of things. The two most important for me are:
1. It allows me permanent access to the face of God. OK for non-religious this has no meaning.
2. It prevents me from going mad. It just struck me relatively recently that this is the real reason we all have to die. The older we are the more we remember things that happened a long time ago but cannot recall things that happened during the last year. I really believe our brains cannot cope with all this information overload. Where this point is varies for different people.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
To me it is simply stepping through a door to a place of pure energy and understanding. I believe we will go on existing after we exit our bodies. We are more than matter. We are also energy [anybody who seriously studies the martial arts will know this foundational principle]. I know that matter can neither be created nor destroyed and the amount of matter and energy in the universe are constant. Matter can only be changed and that is a physical law. Spiritual laws are higher. I believe our bodies are but temporal houses for our real and never-ending selves. I believe that we are immortal and that what we experience here is only temporal. I believe that upon leaving this temporal realm I will know all things that my limited mind was incapable of understanding here in this time and space. In the spirit realm, time and space have no power nor can they confine one's existence. Of course, I don't see life as linear and I don't think in a linear fashion. I believe we go on living forever. Nothing in nature ever ceases to exist if you think about it. I mean water is continuously recycled. Rocks are broken down into sand and soil. Oil was once dinosaurs. Air is continuously recycled. I was with my dad when he crossed over. I was holding his hand. He saw angels. He talked to them, then he sat up, left his body and went with them. His last words before he left his body were a whispered, "Love God. Love each other."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating suicide or anything like that. I just believe we should live our lives without fear of anything, especially death. No life that is lived in love is ever wasted. At least that's what I believe. There is an old song that I often think about "What have I to fear, what have I to dread? I'm leaning on the everlasting arms." I honestly believe that unless we have learned to live our lives without the fear of death, then we have not yet learned to live. I know. Sounds idealistic, but it's what I really believe.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
I like to think the universe wastes nothing.

To me it is simply stepping through a door to a place of pure energy and understanding. I believe we will go on existing after we exit our bodies. We are more than matter. We are also energy [anybody who seriously studies the martial arts will know this foundational principle]. I know that matter can neither be created nor destroyed and the amount of matter and energy in the universe are constant. Matter can only be changed and that is a physical law. Spiritual laws are higher. I believe our bodies are but temporal houses for our real and never-ending selves. I believe that we are immortal and that what we experience here is only temporal. I believe that upon leaving this temporal realm I will know all things that my limited mind was incapable of understanding here in this time and space. In the spirit realm, time and space have no power nor can they confine one's existence. Of course, I don't see life as linear and I don't think in a linear fashion. I believe we go on living forever. Nothing in nature ever ceases to exist if you think about it. I mean water is continuously recycled. Rocks are broken down into sand and soil. Oil was once dinosaurs. Air is continuously recycled. I was with my dad when he crossed over. I was holding his hand. He saw angels. He talked to them, then he sat up, left his body and went with them. His last words before he left his body were a whispered, "Love God. Love each other."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating suicide or anything like that. I just believe we should live our lives without fear of anything, especially death. No life that is lived in love is ever wasted. At least that's what I believe. There is an old song that I often think about "What have I to fear, what have I to dread? I'm leaning on the everlasting arms." I honestly believe that unless we have learned to live our lives without the fear of death, then we have not yet learned to live. I know. Sounds idealistic, but it's what I really believe.

I liked this. :)

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Life leads to death, death leads to life; they are one and the same.