philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Woman and man's highest calling- Cherokee proverb

Thoughts?

I think this is lovely.

It could be said that things of this nature have a bit of a heterosexual bias, but it could just as easily be platonic; and man or woman could be whichever of the feminine or masculine polarities you identify with (doesn't have to be biological).

figsfiggyfigs

Blah. What about our soul?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

We're already in touch with our souls. I guess more than men according to some.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    It could be said that things of this nature have a bit of a heterosexual bias, but it could just as easily be platonic; and man or woman could be whichever of the feminine or masculine polarities you identify with (doesn't have to be biological).
    I don't see a heterosexual bias, just the unwarranted implication that women are weak.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't see a heterosexual bias, just the unwarranted implication that women are weak.
    Fair enough. It is true that women are physically weaker than men though on average, and men do more of the physical harm; so it is reasonable to expect a good man to protect women from other men. Imo.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Fair enough. It is true that women are physically weaker than men though on average, and men do more of the physical harm; so it is reasonable to expect a good man to protect women from other men. Imo.
    That depends on how you see physical strength. Women tend to have better endurance, and weather disease and illness better. If men tend to be the aggressors and women the targets, it would be nice for men to develop some self-policing strategies, but that is different from saying women need their protection. Statistics might show that there is more black-on-white violence than the reverse, but we would not conclude from that that blacks have an obligation to protect whites.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Why would anyone want that to be their highest calling? Aiming a little low, aren't we?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ

Who says protecting someone must imply weakness?

It can also imply value.

In WWII the US Marines went from the doctrine of "The BAR gunner covers the movements of the riflemen" to "The riflemen protect the BAR gunner."

They had to protect the BAR gunner, not because the BAR was weak - it was quite powerful in that age. Therefore they had to protect it because enemies would make it a point to take out the BAR man since he's powerful.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I think that is a grand statement. However, I would like to see a little flexibility concerning gender roles.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Made more sense before firearms.