• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Woman and man's highest calling- Cherokee proverb

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(Back to the OP: ) So I take it most people on here don't like to contemplate the symbolic and poetic meanings of things for hidden wisdom?

Because that was my response. And a chance for me to incorporate philosophy. In a philosophy thread.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Orly? It's so Fi! It's so obvious I'm INFP, I mean only a completely irrational person would disagree.

:wacko:

You must be being sarcastic. Either that or you have been consumed by the popular opinion on your type.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Right, truth is only relevant to beings existing and comprehending it. How is what you are saying now and what I am saying different?

No because the fact of truth exist regardless of us. We can determine it's relevance to us. But to it's relevance in the scope of the universe. The fact that the planets orbit the sun rather than vice versa is important in the scope of the universe and it's workings regardless of whether or not we are here.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No because the fact of truth exist regardless of us. We can determine it's relevance to us. But to it's relevance in the scope of the universe. The fact that the planets orbit the sun rather than vice versa is important in the scope of the universe and it's workings regardless of whether or not we are here.

So you're saying truth exists independent of untruth?

G

Ginkgo

(Back to the OP: ) So I take it most people on here don't like to contemplate the symbolic and poetic meanings of things for hidden wisdom?

Because that was my response. And a chance for me to incorporate philosophy. In a philosophy thread.

I do, but I dislike over-analyzing symbols and trying to find evidence to substantiate their significance aside from seeking the context of the author and the author's intended meaning.

Otherwise, we end up with: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EveryoneIsJesusInPurgatory

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha yes. I have become a very sarcastic person lately.

This makes you sound like an Ne dominant!

Ya I know I just flip flopped my call but hey you never know unless you post a video of yourself and we can see your behavior and thought processes on screen!

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I do, but my artistic appreciation is separated from my beliefs and concept of knowledge. The beauty of a thought doesn't ensure that it is wise or true.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not at the expense of logic.

We are all already aware of your point of view. But good to know you're that extreme. No one should say anything remotely poetic or symbolic to you.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This makes you sound like an Ne dominant!
There is a good chance I'm ENXP forced by circumstances to live a life of introversion.
Ya I know I just flip flopped my call but hey you never know unless you post a video of yourself and we can see your behavior and thought processes on screen!
I'm scared.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So you're saying truth exists independent of untruth?

The concept or possibility of untruth always exists. The expression of untruths requires cognition.

Truth doesn't because it is simply the reality

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do, but my artistic appreciation is separated from my beliefs and concept of knowledge. The beauty of a thought doesn't ensure that it is wise or true.

Cool.

I can find truth in many forms, but good to know a lot of people don't do this.

rav3n

Exactly. Fantasy is just that. Comingling creates delusion.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The concept or possibility of untruth always exists. The expression of untruths requires cognition.

Truth doesn't because it is simply the reality

Can you explain the bolded further?

Truth and reality overlap, but as I understand it, the concept is one end of a contrast. Which wouldn't matter if it didn't have the thing it was contrasting. Maybe this is just a philosophical concept there is a lot of disagreement on. I don't think it can be objectively determined. Each of our (mostly) exclusive opinions is logical in our own minds. Can you find an outside source supporting your argument? I can try to find one for mine.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly. Fantasy is just that. Comingling creates delusion.

It creates illusion. Which can be useful and fun. Delusion is an illusion which has non-preferable or non-working results.