User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    How does this correlate with validation of the social construct gender binary?
    I don't know, maybe the fact that it's been said that it isn't about that, and you continue to insist that it is anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I don't know, maybe the fact that it's been said that it isn't about that, and you continue to insist that it is anyway?
    That's my take on her WOT. Can you translate her WOT into 'thinking' and logical terms?

MBTI
    INFJ

That's my take on her WOT. Can you translate her WOT into 'thinking' and logical terms?
    I translate it as "Be a compliment to one another." It's pretty simple really.

Getting into this gender role stuff is getting lost in irrelevant minutiae that detracts from the actual message.

I translate it as "Be a compliment to one another." It's pretty simple really.

Getting into this gender role stuff is getting lost in irrelevant minutiae that detracts from the actual message.
    Oh? Who must be complementary?

MBTI
    INFJ

Oh? Who must be complementary?
    Do I really have to explain this, and find the most gender neutral and logically sterilized way to say it? Are you kidding me? It feels like you're giving us a hard time on purpose. No matter what I say there's going to be room for some stigmatized role to come into play as long as you're looking for them.

None the less. I will use sea life as a sufficiently alien example to get past these useless connotations.

Look at the Goby and Pistol Shrimp relationship. They are two different species that naturally pair up for mutual benefit, and they don't give a crap about constructed roles - they do it because it's effective.

The pistol shrimp is a fierce and strong predator, lighting fast. It's claws literally move like bullets. But, it cannot see well. The Goby is just a peaceful fish, easily eaten - it could be snatched up like nothing by a pistol shrimp. But, the Goby has very good eyes and senses. So, what actually happens is for some reason, the Goby and Pistol Shrimp form pairs. The pistol shrimp digs a house in coral for the Goby to live in, and protects the Goby, while the Goby uses its senses to watch out for predators and warn the pistol shrimp of danger. The pistol shrimp protects the Goby because the Goby is a compliment, and vice versa.

Do I really have to explain this, and find the most gender neutral and logically sterilized way to say it? Are you kidding me? It feels like you're giving us a hard time on purpose. No matter what I say there's going to be room for some stigmatized role to come into play as long as you're looking for them.

None the less. I will use sea life as a sufficiently alien example to get past these useless connotations.

Look at the Goby and Pistol Shrimp relationship. They are two different species that naturally pair up for mutual benefit, and they don't give a crap about constructed roles - they do it because it's effective.

The pistol shrimp is a fierce and strong predator, lighting fast. It's claws literally move like bullets. But, it cannot see well. The Goby is just a peaceful fish, easily eaten - it could be snatched up like nothing by a pistol shrimp. But, the Goby has very good eyes and senses. So, what actually happens is for some reason, the Goby and Pistol Shrimp form pairs. The pistol shrimp digs a house in coral for the Goby to live in, and protects the Goby, while the Goby uses its senses to watch out for predators and warn the pistol shrimp of danger. The pistol shrimp protects the Goby because the Goby is a compliment, and vice versa.
    Firstly, it's complement, not compliment.

Next, it assumes there are specific traits within each species where with the human race, gender roles are constructs. Her WOT relies on gender roles to create a need between two 'species' to coexist. This foundation is corrupt. Once the foundation for any hypothesis is corrupt, the entire house of cards folds.

MBTI
    INFJ

Firstly, it's complement, not compliment.

Next, it assumes there are specific traits within each species where with the human race, gender roles are constructs. Her WOT relies on gender roles to create a need between two 'species' to coexist. This foundation is corrupt. Once the foundation for any hypothesis is corrupt, the entire house of cards folds.
    You're taking something that is analogous as a literal thing. And you're correcting my spelling. This is going nowhere because you just want to pick.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    This is excellent. If I may translate this into INTP language, a duality can be represented graphically by two disconnected points - Yes/No; Good/Bad; Honour/Shame; Masculine/Feminine. Some societies are so dualistic that not even their language can cope with shades of grey. An example of this was the Hebrew nation at the times of the Bible. So what we do to introduce shades of grey is to draw a line between the two disconnected points and we can now place little flags, one for each person, on that line according to how masculine or femimine they are. We have our shades of grey. NOW all we need is to define masculine & feminine. That just could be the hard bit .

PS: ... and then we realise that some of our flags really ought to be placed above or below the line. Now what?
    As long as there aren't 50 shades. Cos that would be shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    its so self evident that you(or at least most) dont need some scientific experiment to come to that conclusion.
    Excellent argument.
    Nothing "self-evident" should ever be challenged to assess whether it's based on fact or errant assumptions. :rollseyes:

I mean, I'm pretty average (you might say I'm exceptional, I couldn't possibly comment) and I've had "average" men try to do "stuff" to me. And guess what?
    They didn't succeed.

Women are not passive, helpless victims. Go take a gender studies class or something. Probably more helpful than yahoo answers/Wikipedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

You're taking something that is analogous as a literal thing. And you're correcting my spelling. This is going nowhere because you just want to pick.
    The difference between thinking and feeling. Warm and gushy stuff stands on its own, I suppose.

MBTI
    INFJ

The difference between thinking and feeling. Warm and gushy stuff stands on its own, I suppose.
    I can and have done the same things on here but the difference is I'm actually able to change gears.

Funny that you talk about thinking and feeling yet decry gender roles. It amounts to a lot of the same deal.