User Tag List

First 6789101858 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I look at it like Yin and Yang. Everyone has both, most have more of one than the other.

So, even though Yin is feminine, dark, yielding, and associated with water, that doesn't mean that someone with Yin is a woman.
    The problem is that "yin and yang" is still assuming very distinct "feminine" and "masculine" people. But there can certainly be 2 people in a relationship who are both "feminine" (of any sex) or "masculine", or people who don't really identify with either sort of "energy" (*hand raised*, barf), or people who are both "masculine" in some areas and "feminine" in other areas (or times of life, or situations, or etc).

Once you accept that truth, then talking about "Yin person should do this and Yang person should do that" is pretty silly. Why do we need to separate people into arbitrary categories instead of saying "everyone should support, protect and inspire their partner as needed"?
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    The problem is that "yin and yang" is still assuming very distinct "feminine" and "masculine" people. But there can certainly be 2 people in a relationship who are both "feminine" (of any sex) or "masculine", or people who don't really identify with either sort of "energy" (*hand raised*, barf), or people who are both "masculine" in some areas and "feminine" in other areas (or times of life, or situations, or etc).

Once you accept that truth, then talking about "Yin person should do this and Yang person should do that" is pretty silly. Why do we need to separate people into arbitrary categories instead of saying "everyone should support, protect and inspire their partner as needed"?
    Of course that's what everyone should do.

This concept is less about telling people how to act because of some predefined energy, and more about saying why things work the way they do. Fire doesn't burn because somebody told it to, and water doesn't put it out because somebody told it to.

Masculine or feminine in this sense is how someone is, not how they should act according to some predefined role.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    ... Which is what dualism is missing. My version I call polarity, because they are two sides of one whole.
    That's cool. You've come up with the Einstein version whilst I was still in Newtonian mode
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

MBTI
    INFJ

@Randomnity

It just occurred to me that you can think of this as a simplified MBTI dealie.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I think that once again, if you read my WOT carefully, it will be obvious that this is not the case in my interpretation. If you are simply talking about the original thing I'm posting about, I could see how it might look that way. However, something that is thought of as a proverb by Native Americans would probably not have such a simplistic meaning. I think that's illogical.
    I read your WOT. Apologism for a lot of fluffy nonsense in order to validate the gender construct.

MBTI
    INFJ

I can't believe we have our panties in a knot over this.

I bet you people suck at parties.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

@Randomnity

It just occurred to me that you can think of this as a simplified MBTI dealie.
    Thank you Sprinkles. You got me exactly
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

I can't believe we have our panties in a knot over this.

I bet you people suck at parties.
    If you're talking about my response, there's no panty twisting. Just blunt NTJness. This site hasn't really seen me with my panties twisted.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    If you're talking about my response, there's no panty twisting. Just blunt NTJness. This site hasn't really seen me with my panties twisted.
    Ah ok. Misunderstanding I guess. :P

It's just kind of... I don't know. To me it's kind of like the people who go on Youtube to see someone expressing themselves in a painting or something and they go "You're doing it wrong!"

Ah ok. Misunderstanding I guess. :P

It's just kind of... I don't know. To me it's kind of like the people who go on Youtube to see someone expressing themselves in a painting or something and they go "You're doing it wrong!"
    How does this correlate with validation of the social construct gender binary?