User Tag List

First 7475556575859 Last

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    While the original quote is sweet init's own way it's too loaded with gender identity to be relevant to me. Men our souless without women and women are in constant fear of their safety...? I'm sure in the context of it's day it would have been a perfectly apt quote.

I prefer to think of people as just people. Souls don't have genders only physical bodies do. We express that which is important to our souls regardless of what form our bodies have taken. I choose other souls that I feel connected to. I find it difficult to align myself with any form of spirituality that divides the universe into so-called masculine and feminine energies\roles\genders etc. I believe strongly in an androgynous universe.
    Yes, if the universe were divided into masculine and femine energies, we would have masculine mathematics and feminine mathematics, masculine physics and feminine phyics, and masculine biology and feminine biology.

And if the universe were divided by national energies, we would have Chinese mathematics and New Zealand mathematics, Botswana physics and Peruvian physics, and Australian biology and American biology.

But we don't.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, if the universe were divided into masculine and femine energies, we would have masculine mathematics and feminine mathematics, masculine physics and feminine phyics, and masculine biology and feminine biology.

And if the universe were divided by national energies, we would have Chinese mathematics and New Zealand mathematics, Botswana physics and Peruvian physics, and Australian biology and American biology.

But we don't.
    You could think of it this way too.
    Masculine mathematics is this:
    03_goldenmeans_01_rectangle.jpg
    And feminine mathematics is this:
    goldenSpiral.gif
    Put them together and you have this:
    goldenSpiralBoxes.gif

The feminine and masculine are complimentary and are contained within each other. Objective reality and subjective are two sides of the same whole.

It wouldn't make sense to divide the universe into nationalities, since those patterns aren't reproduced in everything like yin and yang are.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    The strong are meant to rule. The weak are meant to serve. This man serves woman philosophy @greenfairy has created is counter to the very nature of justice, justice being the advantage of the stronger.

Those who use the dark side are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the Sith.
    Darth Revan
    Be who you are meant to be as you rise in stregnth towards victory, breaking the chains of bondage towards liberation through the power of the Force!
    Huh?
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The idea that all NTs are atheistic robots has surely got old by now.
    It's ironic how people attack gender differences while holding onto the pathetic typological stereotypes, as if a T type is incapable of feeling, S types incapable of deciphering patterns, etc. "Binary thinking is horrible, but I insist on using it all the time!"
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    It's ironic how people attack gender differences while holding onto the pathetic typological stereotypes, as if a T type is incapable of feeling, S types incapable of deciphering patterns, etc. "Binary thinking is horrible, but I insist on using it all the time!"
    Although just as gender differences are legitimate to a point so are typological definitions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Although just as gender differences are legitimate to a point so are typological definitions.
    Yes. They are. But functional preferences are just that - preferences. And the types each contain four functions, not two, and that's not even considering the shadow type.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Yes. They are. But functional preferences are just that - preferences. And the types each contain four functions, not two, and that's not even considering the shadow type.
    I think describing it as a preference is a little light, I can say that the categories I am identified with suit me and I use without much thought, when I have to use the opposite cognitive sets its uncomfortable to down right deleterious personally. Although I think I know what you mean, both Jung and Freud believed that the feminine and masculine existed in the one psyche too, although I personally believe that Jung described this better than Freud in his theory of archetypes and corresponding archetypes in others.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I think describing it as a preference is a little light, I can say that the categories I am identified with suit me and I use without much thought, when I have to use the opposite cognitive sets its uncomfortable to down right deleterious personally. Although I think I know what you mean, both Jung and Freud believed that the feminine and masculine existed in the one psyche too, although I personally believe that Jung described this better than Freud in his theory of archetypes and corresponding archetypes in others.
    I think the inferior and tertiary come out pretty often in many people, actually. It's just that it's unconscious and filtered through the higher-level functions. I never consciously use Fi, for example, but I have a strong set of values that governs everything I do. I imagine it's similar for others.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think the inferior and tertiary come out pretty often in many people, actually. It's just that it's unconscious and filtered through the higher-level functions. I never consciously use Fi, for example, but I have a strong set of values that governs everything I do. I imagine it's similar for others.
    I'm not sure what is meant by tertiary, the third function just? Like Feeling contra Thinking? I do think that the inferior or "disowned" functions can assert themselves like the ghost at the feast sometimes, often when people are pressurised or stressed and since they are "disowned" it can be disasterous, although while I know what its like to be a thinker overwhelmed with unwelcome feelings sometimes I dont really know or hear of anyone who is a feeler overwhelmed with unwelcome thinking, if you know what I mean. So my theorising could be wrong.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I'm not sure what is meant by tertiary, the third function just?
    1st function: dominant
    2nd function: auxiliary
    3rd function: tertiary
    4th function: inferior
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader