User Tag List

First 3435152535455 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I think it's outrageously romantic and therefore I adore it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    People are dismissing this because in modern society men and women are equals, and discerning any difference between the two can be near sacrilege =X
    The people who are dismissing this are doing so because in modern society, many (most?) of us see no benefit in generalizing gender roles or stereotypes. We prefer to maintain equality of opportunity, and let each person make of him/herself what he/she may.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    By the scientific definition of consciousness, yes. Spirituality conceives of consciousness as a sort of awareness composed of collected energy, which transcends physical boundaries (which are illusions anyway).
    I'm all for the imagination, after all, poetry, literature, movies, art, sculpture, graffiti, dance and religion are based in imagination, just as tree sprites find their home in our imagination, and all we have to do is suspend our disbelief.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

People are dismissing this because in modern society men and women are equals, and discerning any difference between the two can be near sacrilege =X
    I think some people resist the idea of gender wide norms when they don't really fit into them. I'm a not a very good at nurturing or in tune with emotion and it's hard when I'm presented with these types of ideas because I don't think I should have to feel less womanly for not fitting into someone's romantic notion of gender compliments. If you express and dissent with these idea your are typically called a feminazi, a lesbian, or accused of being in denial.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The people who are dismissing this are doing so because in modern society, many (most?) of us see no benefit in generalizing gender roles or stereotypes. We prefer to maintain equality of opportunity, and let each person make of him/herself what he/she may.
    Kinda like the Special Olympics.
    Or even the Not-Special Olympics. Otherwise known as IT

Also see:
    Backyard Mechanic
    Refrigerator Repair

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post

I would not disagree with you.

Though I do believe there exists an inherent statistical psychological difference between the male and female species, both physically and in reference to gender.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I think some people resist the idea of gender wide norms when they don't really fit into them. I'm a not a very good at nurturing or in tune with emotion and it's hard when I'm presented with these types of ideas because I don't think I should have to feel less womanly for not fitting into someone's romantic notion of gender compliments. If you express and dissent with these idea your are typically called a feminazi, a lesbian, or accused of being in denial.
    I can understand this happening quite easily.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Though I do believe there exists an inherent statistical psychological difference between the male and female species, both physically and in reference to gender.
    Which are? If we use MBTI terminology the idea that the genders are hardwired for certain psychological traits means that we wouldn't see an overlap in personality types across gender.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Perhaps. There are certainly physiological differences, as well as other statistically documented differences, some of which result from socialization rather than physiology. Even so, they are real in the moment, and must be acknowledged. My point is that the existence of statistical differences should never be used as a justification for dictating individual behavior. The minute one generalizes to "women should do A and men should do B" one is doing exactly that.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Which are? If we use MBTI terminology the idea that the genders are hardwired for certain psychological traits means that we wouldn't see an overlap in personality types across gender.

No, I would not use MBTI for anything hard-science, personally. It's more of a tool for generalizing with statistical accuracy.

Go to Google and type men and women brain differences, you will find many studies showing our brains just simply are not the same. It isn't good, or bad, or neutral... it just is.

It's hard to talk about this without sounding sexist or something, sorry whoever takes offense.

I suppose my original post was positing that the notion the OP prescribes is romanticized, and to be against it is somewhat going against a basic driving force of human nature for many millennia.

Though, again, I understand: gender neutrality is serious in today's society.