MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm scared.
    This now makes you sound like an Fi dominant! Darn you sure have a complex personality!

btw why are you scared? Well I guess the thought that on screen we could identify your innermost weaknesses and strengths as well as your deepest thoughts means we could actually type you correctly which is indeed very scary as you might end up being a type you don't want to be! Either that or you don't feel comfortable being trolled!

edit - If you don't like being trolled you sure have done a good job getting trolls because I mean look at the size of this thread as well as your ask the NT witch thread!

Delusion is an illusion which has non-preferable or non-working results.
    Print this out and tape it to the fridge, so you can read it daily.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Print this out and tape it to the fridge, so you can read it daily.
    I'll tape it to my forehead.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    This now makes you sound like an Fi dominant! Darn you sure have a complex personality!

btw why are you scared? Well I guess the thought that on screen we could identify your innermost weaknesses and strengths as well as your deepest thoughts means we could actually type you correctly which is indeed very scary as you might end up being a type you don't want to be! Either that or you don't feel comfortable being trolled!
    No, I would just act really awkward, and I'm afraid of looking and sounding ugly. Which I know is irrational, because I'm usually perceived as very attractive. I just don't think I would look that way on film.
    edit - If you don't like being trolled you sure have done a good job getting trolls because I mean look at the size of this thread as well as your ask the NT witch thread!
    I know, right? Is it something I did, some way I've behaved? I need to learn how to repel them. I need a troll repelling charm.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm usually perceived as very attractive.
    And I'm the big ugly black momba aka the black "mama" lol!

No really seriously in real life I am one sick ugly jap but at least I'm not fat and hey I showed myself on camera too! Here is the link to my video if you are interested in my epic ugliness!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

And I'm the big ugly black momba aka the black "mama" lol!

No really seriously in real life I am one sick ugly jap but at least I'm not fat and hey I showed myself on camera too! Here is the link to my video if you are interested in my epic ugliness!
    Haha I saw one of your videos, talking about becoming master of creation and stuff and where are clams found (what was the story with that btw?), and you weren't ugly.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

and you weren't ugly.
    I know right that was a good joke. Don't catch the ugly!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Can you explain the bolded further?

Truth and reality overlap, but as I understand it, the concept is one end of a contrast. Which wouldn't matter if it didn't have the thing it was contrasting. Maybe this is just a philosophical concept there is a lot of disagreement on. I don't think it can be objectively determined. Each of our (mostly) exclusive opinions is logical in our own minds. Can you find an outside source supporting your argument? I can try to find one for mine.
    Oh no! You haven't been reading Hegel have you?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh no! You haven't been reading Hegel have you?
    No...

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I still don't see how this explains a valued truth. I'm thinking that by valued truth you mean that something can be "partially true" or "mostly true". Basically the idea that you can qualify the statement "women like apples" with the word "some" and it becomes true.

I don't think that that makes the original statement "partially true". It makes it entirely untrue, hence the need for a new statement describing reality.

In regards to your mechanical system I would argue that that is a more complex truth but it still functions in one objective way. There are not two overlapping truths but a single complex truth that 3 has been designed to function as both an on and off value
    Do you believe in gray areas? Binary logic doesn't do them. Something is either entirely true as defined by the premises, or entirely false as defined by the premises.

Can you always express a given truth in a binary fashion given sufficient complexity? I don't even know, but if you cant, binary logic simply would not allow things which exceed this to exist.

Consider the continuum fallacy. Or the Sorites paradox. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorites_paradox

How are these things addressed? By MVL, and Hysteresis among other things. Yes, many of these problems can somehow be handled in binary logic, but complexity increases dramatically for anything non-trivial. There is no 'kinda true' there - all bits in a given problem are either completely true or completely false, without even an 'unknown' anywhere.