User Tag List

First 394748495051 Last

Results 481 to 490 of 581

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm scared.
    This now makes you sound like an Fi dominant! Darn you sure have a complex personality!

    btw why are you scared? Well I guess the thought that on screen we could identify your innermost weaknesses and strengths as well as your deepest thoughts means we could actually type you correctly which is indeed very scary as you might end up being a type you don't want to be! Either that or you don't feel comfortable being trolled!

    edit - If you don't like being trolled you sure have done a good job getting trolls because I mean look at the size of this thread as well as your ask the NT witch thread!

  2. #482
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Delusion is an illusion which has non-preferable or non-working results.
    Print this out and tape it to the fridge, so you can read it daily.

  3. #483
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Print this out and tape it to the fridge, so you can read it daily.
    I'll tape it to my forehead.

  4. #484
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    This now makes you sound like an Fi dominant! Darn you sure have a complex personality!

    btw why are you scared? Well I guess the thought that on screen we could identify your innermost weaknesses and strengths as well as your deepest thoughts means we could actually type you correctly which is indeed very scary as you might end up being a type you don't want to be! Either that or you don't feel comfortable being trolled!
    No, I would just act really awkward, and I'm afraid of looking and sounding ugly. Which I know is irrational, because I'm usually perceived as very attractive. I just don't think I would look that way on film.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    edit - If you don't like being trolled you sure have done a good job getting trolls because I mean look at the size of this thread as well as your ask the NT witch thread!
    I know, right? Is it something I did, some way I've behaved? I need to learn how to repel them. I need a troll repelling charm.

  5. #485
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm usually perceived as very attractive.
    And I'm the big ugly black momba aka the black "mama" lol!


    No really seriously in real life I am one sick ugly jap but at least I'm not fat and hey I showed myself on camera too! Here is the link to my video if you are interested in my epic ugliness!

  6. #486
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    And I'm the big ugly black momba aka the black "mama" lol!


    No really seriously in real life I am one sick ugly jap but at least I'm not fat and hey I showed myself on camera too! Here is the link to my video if you are interested in my epic ugliness!
    Haha I saw one of your videos, talking about becoming master of creation and stuff and where are clams found (what was the story with that btw?), and you weren't ugly.

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    and you weren't ugly.
    I know right that was a good joke. Don't catch the ugly!

  8. #488
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Can you explain the bolded further?

    Truth and reality overlap, but as I understand it, the concept is one end of a contrast. Which wouldn't matter if it didn't have the thing it was contrasting. Maybe this is just a philosophical concept there is a lot of disagreement on. I don't think it can be objectively determined. Each of our (mostly) exclusive opinions is logical in our own minds. Can you find an outside source supporting your argument? I can try to find one for mine.
    Oh no! You haven't been reading Hegel have you?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  9. #489
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh no! You haven't been reading Hegel have you?
    No...

  10. #490
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I still don't see how this explains a valued truth. I'm thinking that by valued truth you mean that something can be "partially true" or "mostly true". Basically the idea that you can qualify the statement "women like apples" with the word "some" and it becomes true.

    I don't think that that makes the original statement "partially true". It makes it entirely untrue, hence the need for a new statement describing reality.

    In regards to your mechanical system I would argue that that is a more complex truth but it still functions in one objective way. There are not two overlapping truths but a single complex truth that 3 has been designed to function as both an on and off value
    Do you believe in gray areas? Binary logic doesn't do them. Something is either entirely true as defined by the premises, or entirely false as defined by the premises.

    Can you always express a given truth in a binary fashion given sufficient complexity? I don't even know, but if you cant, binary logic simply would not allow things which exceed this to exist.

    Consider the continuum fallacy. Or the Sorites paradox. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorites_paradox

    How are these things addressed? By MVL, and Hysteresis among other things. Yes, many of these problems can somehow be handled in binary logic, but complexity increases dramatically for anything non-trivial. There is no 'kinda true' there - all bits in a given problem are either completely true or completely false, without even an 'unknown' anywhere.

Similar Threads

  1. Older woman younger man
    By Butterfly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 06:27 AM
  2. [NF] F woman and T man
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 03:22 AM
  3. [NF] If you had infinite money,land, and man-power... What would you do for fun?
    By ObeyBunny in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 12:05 AM
  4. The good life and man's relation to society
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO