User Tag List

First 38464748495058 Last

Results 471 to 480 of 581

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Haha yes. I have become a very sarcastic person lately.
    This makes you sound like an Ne dominant!

    Ya I know I just flip flopped my call but hey you never know unless you post a video of yourself and we can see your behavior and thought processes on screen!

  2. #472
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I do, but I dislike over-analyzing symbols and trying to find evidence to substantiate their significance aside from seeking the context of the author and the author's intended meaning.

    Otherwise, we end up with: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...susInPurgatory
    Cool.

  3. #473
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    (Back to the OP: ) So I take it most people on here don't like to contemplate the symbolic and poetic meanings of things for hidden wisdom?

    Because that was my response. And a chance for me to incorporate philosophy. In a philosophy thread.
    I do, but my artistic appreciation is separated from my beliefs and concept of knowledge. The beauty of a thought doesn't ensure that it is wise or true.

  4. #474
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Not at the expense of logic.
    We are all already aware of your point of view. But good to know you're that extreme. No one should say anything remotely poetic or symbolic to you.

  5. #475
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    This makes you sound like an Ne dominant!
    There is a good chance I'm ENXP forced by circumstances to live a life of introversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Ya I know I just flip flopped my call but hey you never know unless you post a video of yourself and we can see your behavior and thought processes on screen!
    I'm scared.

  6. #476
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    So you're saying truth exists independent of untruth?
    The concept or possibility of untruth always exists. The expression of untruths requires cognition.

    Truth doesn't because it is simply the reality

  7. #477
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I do, but my artistic appreciation is separated from my beliefs and concept of knowledge. The beauty of a thought doesn't ensure that it is wise or true.
    Cool.

    I can find truth in many forms, but good to know a lot of people don't do this.

  8. #478
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I do, but my artistic appreciation is separated from my beliefs and concept of knowledge. The beauty of a thought doesn't ensure that it is wise or true.
    Exactly. Fantasy is just that. Comingling creates delusion.

  9. #479
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    The concept or possibility of untruth always exists. The expression of untruths requires cognition.

    Truth doesn't because it is simply the reality
    Can you explain the bolded further?

    Truth and reality overlap, but as I understand it, the concept is one end of a contrast. Which wouldn't matter if it didn't have the thing it was contrasting. Maybe this is just a philosophical concept there is a lot of disagreement on. I don't think it can be objectively determined. Each of our (mostly) exclusive opinions is logical in our own minds. Can you find an outside source supporting your argument? I can try to find one for mine.

  10. #480
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Exactly. Fantasy is just that. Comingling creates delusion.
    It creates illusion. Which can be useful and fun. Delusion is an illusion which has non-preferable or non-working results.

Similar Threads

  1. Older woman younger man
    By Butterfly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 06:27 AM
  2. [NF] F woman and T man
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 03:22 AM
  3. [NF] If you had infinite money,land, and man-power... What would you do for fun?
    By ObeyBunny in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 12:05 AM
  4. The good life and man's relation to society
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO