User Tag List

First 37454647484957 Last

Results 461 to 470 of 581

  1. #461
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    (Back to the OP: ) So I take it most people on here don't like to contemplate the symbolic and poetic meanings of things for hidden wisdom?

    Because that was my response. And a chance for me to incorporate philosophy. In a philosophy thread.

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    (Back to the OP So I take it most people on here don't like to contemplate the symbolic and poetic meanings of things for hidden wisdom?
    This makes you sound like an Ni dominant.

  3. #463
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    This makes you sound like an Ni dominant.
    Btw, that smiley face was a mistake- see the edit.

  4. #464
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    This makes you sound like an Ni dominant.
    Orly? It's so Fi! It's so obvious I'm INFP, I mean only a completely irrational person would disagree.


  5. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Orly? It's so Fi! It's so obvious I'm INFP, I mean only a completely irrational person would disagree.

    You must be being sarcastic. Either that or you have been consumed by the popular opinion on your type.

  6. #466
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Right, truth is only relevant to beings existing and comprehending it. How is what you are saying now and what I am saying different?

    No because the fact of truth exist regardless of us. We can determine it's relevance to us. But to it's relevance in the scope of the universe. The fact that the planets orbit the sun rather than vice versa is important in the scope of the universe and it's workings regardless of whether or not we are here.

  7. #467
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    No because the fact of truth exist regardless of us. We can determine it's relevance to us. But to it's relevance in the scope of the universe. The fact that the planets orbit the sun rather than vice versa is important in the scope of the universe and it's workings regardless of whether or not we are here.
    So you're saying truth exists independent of untruth?

  8. #468
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You must be being sarcastic. Either that or you have been consumed by the popular opinion on your type.
    Haha yes. I have become a very sarcastic person lately.

  9. #469
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    (Back to the OP: ) So I take it most people on here don't like to contemplate the symbolic and poetic meanings of things for hidden wisdom?

    Because that was my response. And a chance for me to incorporate philosophy. In a philosophy thread.
    I do, but I dislike over-analyzing symbols and trying to find evidence to substantiate their significance aside from seeking the context of the author and the author's intended meaning.

    Otherwise, we end up with: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...susInPurgatory

  10. #470
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    (Back to the OP: ) So I take it most people on here don't like to contemplate the symbolic and poetic meanings of things for hidden wisdom?
    Not at the expense of logic.

Similar Threads

  1. Older woman younger man
    By Butterfly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 06:27 AM
  2. [NF] F woman and T man
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 03:22 AM
  3. [NF] If you had infinite money,land, and man-power... What would you do for fun?
    By ObeyBunny in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 12:05 AM
  4. The good life and man's relation to society
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO