User Tag List

First 35434445464755 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I agree opinions exist and that they have to be qualified to be true.

But then could further explain "Truth in the intellect conforming to the subject".
    Yeah, good point. So I think greenfairy's definition found in the dictionary reflects mine more accurately as reality includes the subject and the object. How silly of me.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

You don't need some one to observe a distance between two objects in order for it to be real or measurable.
    But we're not talking about objects. We're talking about truth versus reality. And any difference between the two depends on the existence of untruth, which arises from a being falsely perceiving; while this is objectively true independent of another being determining it, it is only relevant if it happens or has the potential to happen. If there were only one being in existence, and that being falsely perceived something and never realized it, the (un)truth would not matter. If another being existed, it would matter because that being would have the potential to recognize the false perception in the other being, and then inform it or not.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think what @Coriolis was actually saying is not that men and women in relationships fulfill the same roles, but that the role they fulfill within the relationship is not determined by gender.

If the man provides the nurturing and the women provides security they will avoid the "head cracking" of your baseball metaphor.
    Or better yet, if each is nurturing and protective in his/her own way. Most mothers I know try to protect their children, and most fathers also try to nurture them.

I don't disagree that their are physical differences but I do question the extent to which they shape our personalities. Most for the reasons I stated previously that women all don't function in the same way. You could have two women which have very dissimilar personalities and a man and a women with very similar personalities. For example of these three people who is the outlier: Sarah Palin, Glen beck, Andy Worhol.

I'm not denying that gender is a factor in shaping a person, I'm just denying that it is the most significant or lone factor.
    Exactly. Nice to see someone gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I do agree that the OP is probably not INTP but rather an Fi user. And on this forum NTs more than any other temperament group seem to resent non-NTs posing as NTs, but really, cut her some slag already, IMHO this does not deserve this much drama and passion.
    I am sure she would appreciate that.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

If no beings exist, there is no untruth. If there is no untruth there is no truth, unless you are thinking of truth as something independent of contrast, in which case it is rather meaningless. Truth and reality only matter to the extent that there is unreality (<-- as a theoretical concept) and untruth. So truth is directly relevant to its perception.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I am sure she would appreciate that.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
    LOL

No, keep it away from me!

Is this where dinosaurs disappear?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Regarding the gender binary, I think a lot of people attach too much importance to it. I'm not really. Saying things work best in balance, and incorporating the construct is just useful to me and some other people in some ways. It's not necessary. I was arguing that it exists, but really it doesn't matter. If you believe it exists and that belief is useful to you, cool. If not, cool. Yin and yang definitely exist, and are (to an arguable extent) independent of gender.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Is this where dinosaurs disappear?
    Your kitten avatar murdered them all.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Your kitten avatar murdered them all.
    Nope. Your attempt at logic vaporised them from ever existing. Apply concept to what you're trying to snake oil sell to pseudo.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Nope. Your attempt at logic vaporised them from ever existing. Apply concept to what you're trying to snake oil sell to pseudo.
    If I continue to be illogical for long enough, can I vaporize you from ever existing? Shouldn't be too hard, if I can remove all the dinosaurs.

And snake oil isn't my cup of tea. I prefer red hibiscus flowers.