User Tag List

First 234561454 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 581

  1. #31
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Long interpretation, while the proverb was likely cognated by a drunken shaman after a night of promiscuous sex and mind-altering drugs.

    While men were off on hunting expeditions (or wars), women raised crops at home along with their children. Makes sense, and if correct shows that women were the first literal "breadwinners".
    Why does it make sense. We have extremely little evidence from pre-agricultural worlds, there's no reason to believe that men were spending all their time "huting and going to war with each other" as much as I could assume that women were "wasting their time being too attentive to their offspring" while men were trialing with seeds iin order to develop agriculture, or vice versa.

    We're all humans, it's likely that most inventions result from an interplay of female and male minds, mostly because well, humanity is roughly 50-50 male-female and intelligence is distributed in a roughly 50-50 fashion among the genders. It's just a matter of probability.

    but the "natural" protector is a mother with her young.
    Lol, I gather you have little experience with hyperprotetive fathers wrt. their daughters. What you say may be true when it comes to single-motherhood, but in well-functioning couples, both parents are really protective.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  2. #32
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    MAKE ME BISCUITS DAMN IT. AS LONG AS THERE ARE BISCUITS ALL IS WELL
    Get it right. It's bannock within the context of this thread.

    Can't disagree more with the premise of this thread. It's got a serious INFP vibe to it that I can't relate to.

  3. #33
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    It's got a serious INFP vibe to it that I can't relate to.
    Umm..yeah.

    Also, @Saturned, any WOT examples contained in this thread do not contribute to the INTP tally, K?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #34
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    "Source" also needs to be understood. This is referring to Divinity, whatever you choose to call it. Native peoples saw Source as both immanent and transcendent, as the source of all, but also as manifesting in and as the world. It is the Earth and Sky, nature as the sacred creator of life, and all the life energy which flows through it; it is collective consciousness, Spirit in all its forms, and every being which possesses life. So uniting with Source is as simple as a spirit being in harmony with itself and with other spirits while being in harmony with the natural world. (By this definition, @Qlip, your argument would be irrelevant.)
    I don't quite understand what you're getting at here, especially since I don't have an argument. I just don't have use for such a calling. I'll accept any guide to help me find harmony, but ultimately it's something that I have to take on myself. I will help others likewise, but ultimately that's something they need to take on themselves.

  5. #35
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I don't quite understand what you're getting at here, especially since I don't have an argument. I just don't have use for such a calling. I'll accept any guide to help me find harmony, but ultimately it's something that I have to take on myself. I will help others likewise, but ultimately that's something they need to take on themselves.
    Very true. I was simply referencing your saying "find my own source" is all; as Source is everywhere and everything according to this definition, that part of what you said would be irrelevant. I see what you are saying though, and I agree with everyone who is advocating finding their own path- that's why I said that it could be adapted in whatever way a person sees fit to their individual circumstances.

  6. #36
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Can't disagree more with the premise of this thread. It's got a serious INFP vibe to it that I can't relate to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Umm..yeah.

    Also, @Saturned, any WOT examples contained in this thread do not contribute to the INTP tally, K?
    What's WOT? And I think relating things like this to type is highly suspect and unreliable, and is flawed by each person's individual expression of their type and understanding of it. I'm sure there were people of every type in the Cherokee culture who agreed with sayings such as this one.

    Surely you can see the logical inconsistency of applying entire cultural ways of thinking to one personality type within a system of types which is present in every culture?

  7. #37
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    What's what?

    Relating anything to type is highly suspect and unreliable. As is Typology in general. You gotta start somewhere though....
    How do you know type isn't a cultural construct? Like gender?
    How can you be sure of anything type-related?
    Short answer, you can't. It's airy-fairy mumbo-jumbo. Much like the OP. (no offence)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #38
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Very true. I was simply referencing your saying "find my own source" is all; as Source is everywhere and everything according to this definition, that part of what you said would be irrelevant. I see what you are saying though, and I agree with everyone who is advocating finding their own path- that's why I said that it could be adapted in whatever way a person sees fit to their individual circumstances.
    I guess what I see that you've done here is to employ a duality, masculine and feminine. Their attributes are somewhat arbritrary, but most dualities are. I can see how it was beautiful in a certain time and space. But I'm more of a fan of uniting and shifting dualities than enforcing them.

    If it has an esoteric meaning to you, I understand. But, esoteric meanings are not shared easily by definition. I just know that whatever I bring to somebody in any kind of relationship will be fluid and based on empowerment.

  9. #39
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,024

    Default

    If A = R, then X = B? :facepalm:

  10. #40
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I guess what I see that you've done here is to employ a duality, masculine and feminine. Their attributes are somewhat arbritrary, but most dualities are. I can see how it was beautiful in a certain time and space. But I'm more of a fan of uniting and shifting dualities than enforcing them.

    If it has an esoteric meaning to you, I understand. But, esoteric meanings are not shared easily by definition. I just know that whatever I bring to somebody in any kind of relationship will be fluid and based on empowerment.
    Sounds good. Yes, it is rather mystical.

Similar Threads

  1. Older woman younger man
    By Butterfly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 06:27 AM
  2. [NF] F woman and T man
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 03:22 AM
  3. [NF] If you had infinite money,land, and man-power... What would you do for fun?
    By ObeyBunny in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 12:05 AM
  4. The good life and man's relation to society
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO