User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

Results 191 to 200 of 581

  1. #191
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm a shapeshifter.
    Typical NFP.

    Actually I don't recall saying anywhere in the OP or in my personal response to it that I'm NT, or that my ideas depend on it. Maybe I am and I'm pretending to be NF for the purpose of pushing mysticism. Or maybe I've decided I'm NF and am acting accordingly. You don't really know.
    Every single post I've read of yours screams INFP. Every.single.one.

    Yeah, I don't fit into your little binary mental boxes for personality types.
    Yes you do fit. INFP.

    I have my own ideas of them, which I'm entitled to, and I'm entitled to mistype myself if I choose, or think I'm whatever type I want, as it's my type and I know myself better than anyone else. I think you're missing out on a lot of cool ideas by rejecting anything that comes from an NF sounding point of view.
    Fi dom. Entitlement and self-righteousness.

    Sorry my complex and multi-faceted personality annoys you. I guess you'll just spend the rest of your time on here annoyed, as I don't intend to leave.
    Complex and multi-faceted, no. But your arguments are feely based and irrational.

    Don't leave. This would ruin the fun.

    In fact, I don't have severe problems. I'm quite functional. And I'm a Wiccan priestess, which means I've studied Wicca a fair amount, and I'm technically considered to be qualified to give advice and such (which means if I started out with any severe problems I should have them taken care of by now).
    So happy for you. But that doesn't change your mistyping.

    It is a legitimate religion, with many NT's.
    Is it? Possibly. But you can rest assured their arguments would be less values and emotion based.

    My life is pretty good. How is yours?
    Mine's fine. Can't wait to retire next year while in my mid-thirties.

    Overall, my problem is your dissembling, not only with type but also with topic. What's worse is denial within yourself. While all this hand wavy frou-frou might be what makes you happy, it's not for everyone. Some of us actually prefer theories with substance, ones that don't float in the clouds since there's no foundation.

    Much of mysticism was developed prior to science, as mankind's way to explain shit that scared them since they couldn't understand them, hence couldn't control.

    As far as balance, my preference leans towards what Salomé stated. Individuation. So. What happens to the lean to built when your balancing partner leaves? Do you fall over and then use a razor blade to guilt them back to support you again?

  2. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post


    Thoughts?

    I think this is lovely.

    It could be said that things of this nature have a bit of a heterosexual bias, but it could just as easily be platonic; and man or woman could be whichever of the feminine or masculine polarities you identify with (doesn't have to be biological).
    That ideology had a place in that society, in that culture. It served its function. The future will require a new one, however.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  3. #193
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Typical NFP.

    Every single post I've read of yours screams INFP. Every.single.one.

    Yes you do fit. INFP.

    Fi dom. Entitlement and self-righteousness.

    Complex and multi-faceted, no. But your arguments are feely based and irrational.

    Don't leave. This would ruin the fun.

    So happy for you. But that doesn't change your mistyping.
    So you think my belief that I have the ability and the right to assess my own personality and claim my own type as I choose is a sense of entitlement? Really? Do you think there should be some sort of a forum panel who reads everyone's questionnaires and then based on their own personal mental frameworks gives people an unalterable label? You should try to start one. Good luck with that.

    Ok. Think what you want. I appreciate the attempt for evidence towards your INFP claim, which I'll always take into account if it's based on logic and genuine typology rather than "vibes" and personal subjective feelings.

    In my personal experience with myself (of which I have more than anyone else on here), I am not a typical INFP any more than INTP or any other type.
    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Is it? Possibly. But you can rest assured their arguments would be less values and emotion based.
    I use feeling arguments where they are relevant and thinking arguments where they are relevant. Life is not purely one or the other, and I adapt to suit it. Maybe I'm more in touch with my feeling side than you are, but it's not reasonable to assume I'm a feeler because of it. And in my experience with pagan NT's that's simply not the case. They tend to have an adaptable quality to their arguments similar to mine. Because it's logical.

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Mine's fine. Can't wait to retire next year while in my mid-thirties.

    Overall, my problem is your dissembling, not only with type but also with topic. What's worse is denial within yourself. While all this hand wavy frou-frou might be what makes you happy, it's not for everyone. Some of us actually prefer theories with substance, ones that don't float in the clouds since there's no foundation.
    Like I say, I posted this in a type-neutral part of the forum, in a category which was appropriate to the subject. If it's not for you that's fine. I get it. And with all due respect, my type is not relevant to the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Much of mysticism was developed prior to science, as mankind's way to explain shit that scared them since they couldn't understand them, hence couldn't control.
    Yes, true. And a lot of it was superstitious nonsense. However, my opinion is that people had just as accurate an understanding of the world and how to live in it 10,000 years ago; they just had to understand it in different ways. They looked for patterns in nature and applied them. They looked at symbolic meaning in what they saw and experienced. These ways of understanding are still relevant, and in my opinion not type related. Reality has two sides- objective and subjective. Objective is known by observation (science) and subjective is known by interaction (intuition, mysticism, experience, spirituality). If you ignore one you are only seeing half of reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    As far as balance, my preference leans towards what Salomé stated. Individuation. So. What happens to the lean to built when your balancing partner leaves? Do you fall over and then use a razor blade to guilt them back to support you again?
    No, of course not. As I stated, two balanced people in balance with each other would be fine on their own should the relationship end. Being in a relationship just adds its own special enjoyment to life, based on harmony between different individuals. It's kind of like, I can be fine not ever eating sushi for the rest of my life. But I really really like it.

  4. #194
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

    Yeah, I don't fit into your little binary mental boxes for personality types.

    I'm not trying to say your wrong or fight with you but this seems like a very INFP thing to say.

  5. #195
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,933

    Default






  6. #196
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I'm not trying to say your wrong or fight with you but this seems like a very INFP thing to say.
    Maybe so. It's true though. I didn't like it at first, and I spent forever analyzing myself and trying to fit myself into a type, and it didn't work. So I have to accept it. Other people don't of course, because I can't force anyone to accept anything, but it's reality as I see it.



    Actually I have my own ideas of what INTP is like, and I do think I fit pretty neatly into it, more than any other type. And I have a lot of nice extra things like empathy and passion. I just don't fit neatly into everyone's idea of it.

    Now can we drop the subject for awhile?


    Let's get back to discussing the merits of mysticism and gender harmony in the context of spirituality and philosophy.

  7. #197
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    So you think my belief that I have the ability and the right to assess my own personality and claim my own type as I choose is a sense of entitlement? Really? Do you think there should be some sort of a forum panel who reads everyone's questionnaires and then based on their own personal mental frameworks gives people an unalterable label? You should try to start one. Good luck with that.

    Ok. Think what you want. I appreciate the attempt for evidence towards your INFP claim, which I'll always take into account if it's based on logic and genuine typology rather than "vibes" and personal subjective feelings.

    In my personal experience with myself (of which I have more than anyone else on here), I am not a typical INFP any more than INTP or any other type.
    Every one of your rationales is based on subjective internal values and feelings. How much more evidence do you need unless you're determined to be delusional.

    Consider the processes to be coping strategies. Your dom function is your lead strategy where the aux is to supplement the dom. In your case it's Fi or internal values with subjective emotional responses attuned to internal values. Ne bounces around to augment and in your response to me, your Ne has grabbed a boatload of shit and tied it all together to bring about your above synthesis of what I've stated. Uncertain if you can see the difference between what I've previously stated and your perception of what was stated.

    Your tert is a relief function or secondary coping strategy which in your case is Si, where you embrace the gender binary.

    I use feeling arguments where they are relevant and thinking arguments where they are relevant. Life is not purely one or the other, and I adapt to suit it. Maybe I'm more in touch with my feeling side than you are, but it's not reasonable to assume I'm a feeler because of it. And in my experience with pagan NT's that's simply not the case. They tend to have an adaptable quality to their arguments similar to mine. Because it's logical.
    No. You lead with Fi-Ne.

    Like I say, I posted this in a type-neutral part of the forum, in a category which was appropriate to the subject. If it's not for you that's fine. I get it. And with all due respect, my type is not relevant to the thread.
    It's intensely relevant to any form of self-actualisation. In order to do so, internal delusion can't exist, at least to the degree that's blatant. Note the touch of Te?

    Yes, true. And a lot of it was superstitious nonsense. However, my opinion is that people had just as accurate an understanding of the world and how to live in it 10,000 years ago; they just had to understand it in different ways. They looked for patterns in nature and applied them. They looked at symbolic meaning in what they saw and experienced. These ways of understanding are still relevant, and in my opinion not type related. Reality has two sides- objective and subjective. Objective is known by observation (science) and subjective is known by interaction (intuition, mysticism, experience, spirituality). If you ignore one you are only seeing half of reality.
    Fi-Ne-Si, with a touch of Te.

    No, of course not. As I stated, two balanced people in balance with each other would be fine on their own should the relationship end. Being in a relationship just adds its own special enjoyment to life, based on harmony between different individuals. It's kind of like, I can be fine not ever eating sushi for the rest of my life. But I really really like it.
    That's fine. But to embrace the gender binary isn't for everyone, particularly those who don't use Si as their secondary coping strategy.

  8. #198
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post


    Let's get back to discussing the merits of mysticism and gender harmony in the context of spirituality and philosophy.

    I think the idea of gender harmony falls apart when you realize that the members of a gender don't all have the same traits/functions. Let's use MBTI terminology just to have a similar vocabulary. As an INTP woman I don't think I function the same way as an ESFJ female. An INFP man and and an ESTP man have different functions. They way that we all interact with each other will take different forms that cannot be predicted by gender.

    An INFP man would probably be more in touch with the "source" to begin with than me. I feel like this proverb describes a very particular personality combination/dynamic.

  9. #199
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    That ideology had a place in that society, in that culture. It served its function. The future will require a new one, however.
    interesting, as an Fi user, the concept of ideologies "serving a purpose" is kinda foreign to me.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #200
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Every one of your rationales are based on subjective internal values and feelings. How much more evidence do you need unless you're determined to delusional.
    And I'm supposed to determine my type how else?

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Consider the processes to be coping strategies. Your dom function is your lead strategy where the aux is to supplement the dom. In your case it's Fi or internal values with subjective emotional responses attuned to internal values. Ne bounces around to augment and in your response to me, your Ne has grabbed a boatload of shit and tied it all together to bring about your above synthesis of what I've stated. Uncertain if you can see the difference between what I've previously stated and your perception of what was stated.
    I don't really understand this, but to the extent that I do I don't agree. Possible though. I don't see where I've been using Fi. You're welcome to point it out, but I'd prefer if you did it on the thread I started for analyzing my type. Lots of sarcasm and absurdity though.

    Funny, I thought the tribal mentality, which I tend to embrace, is very Fe.

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Your tert is a relief function or secondary coping strategy which in your case is Si, where you embrace the gender binary.
    Maybe so. Interesting point.

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    It's intensely relevant to any form of self-actualisation. In order to do so, internal delusion can't exist, at least to the degree that's blatant. Note the touch of Te?
    Ok, but my self-actualization isn't relevant to the thread either. Or my internal delusion, except to the extent that it affects my statements, which it doesn't as they don't depend on me being a certain type. I'd almost suspect at this point that you are trying to employ Fe rather than Te, as you are focused on me (the human element) rather than my specific ideas (objective facts or not).
    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Fi-Ne-Si, with a touch of Te.
    So that's your counter-argument?

    It could just as easily be Ne (patterns)-Ti (application)-Si (experience)-Fe (social application). Could it not?

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    That's fine. But to embrace the gender binary isn't for everyone, particularly those who don't use Si as their secondary coping strategy.
    No, embracing the gender binary isn't for everyone. But if you have a gender and you are in a relationship with another gendered person, you will each have individual gender associated differences, which will ideally be in balance with each other. So if you see this as a gender binary, you are participating in it whether you believe in it or not. If you choose to believe it's something else, then your argument is irrelevant.

Similar Threads

  1. Older woman younger man
    By Butterfly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 06:27 AM
  2. [NF] F woman and T man
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 03:22 AM
  3. [NF] If you had infinite money,land, and man-power... What would you do for fun?
    By ObeyBunny in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 12:05 AM
  4. The good life and man's relation to society
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO