User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Men don't "go to war" because they want to, excepting a very small minority. They are (or used to be) drafted by the army, and most of them (us) were deeply unhappy about it.
    I somewhat disagree with you. I was with guy whose Family all had a very pro-military worldview. Almost all of the men had served at one time or another and there was the idea that being a military family was the greatest things you could possibly do. I think many people are attracted to the idea of war as being noble and romantic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Yes, because they're physically stronger and they don't make babies.

There's a clear biological reason which no one denies, on the other hand there's no reason to assume that men actually prefer the current sociological setting which makes them "go to war" much more often etc.
    There no biological reason why women couldn't be drafted into non-combat positions in the military.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Well I for one commend @greenfairy for defending her OP to the last breath. hope you stick around the forum :applause:

Wait unless you posted some rule breakers in these 15 threads, in which case, somebody better report them so we know about em.
    Well thanks!

I'm glad to see some people like my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    I like the concept of an NT pushing mysticism. I would like to see more.
    Don't worry, you will.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Don’t use touchy-feely New Age motivational posters to suck people into a discussion on pagan yin-yang theories. People are going to resist the latter by focusing on the deficiencies of the former.

If you want to discuss pagan mysticism, just present it as an intellectual discussion of exactly that, and whoever shows up will focus on that alone.
    I posted this in a section on spirituality. Yin yang theories and mysticism are my spirituality, and it also has some touchy feely elements to it, as spirituality tends to. My spirituality is just as valid as anyone else's, and I can express it as I choose. If people don't like it they don't have to read and post disrespectful comments. If you reject the idea of anything spiritual or mystical, you really shouldn't visit threads on the subjects.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don’t know anything about pagan mysticism myself.

I’m just figuring that post No. 30 (greenfairy’s wall-of-text post on yin-yang theory) was the real center of the thread and that greenfairy started off with the New Age visual in order to soft-pedal the pagan theory and appeal to a wider audience. IMO, greenfairy would have done better to start off with the wall-of-text post.

To spell it out: Starting off with the light crowd-pleaser visual stuff and then using it to introduce heavy theoretical stuff later on in the thread smacks of bait-and-switch; most regular posters can smell that a mile off and tend to react poorly to it.

I’m just pointing all this out as a friendly tip to greenfairy, by the way. Greenfairy has been making some excellent posts and contributions, and I would hate to see her get discouraged over a minor thread misfire that’s easily corrected.
    Well thanks for the advice. I wasn't aware I was doing this, but maybe I was. I really just liked it, and wanted to know what people thought. I thought it had some thought provoking themes, and people would like it. And some people responded the way I wanted. Then I added my own thoughts. Sorry, my thoughts just tend to be heavy and theoretical. But I really just wanted a nice discussion about gender harmony and spirituality.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Fucking finally!! Hip-hip hurray for this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    What's up NFers???
    Oh ok, so everything I say is invalid because a couple of people think I've mistyped myself. Whatever- you're right. I'm every temperament rolled into one. I'm anything you want me to be. I'm a shapeshifter. Happy? NF's can post in this section too.

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    I dislike non-NTs pretending to be NTs pushing mysticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    They don't exist. Or have severe problems.
    The main thing is that it pisses off all the other NTs.
    Actually I don't recall saying anywhere in the OP or in my personal response to it that I'm NT, or that my ideas depend on it. Maybe I am and I'm pretending to be NF for the purpose of pushing mysticism. Or maybe I've decided I'm NF and am acting accordingly. You don't really know.

Yeah, I don't fit into your little binary mental boxes for personality types. I have my own ideas of them, which I'm entitled to, and I'm entitled to mistype myself if I choose, or think I'm whatever type I want, as it's my type and I know myself better than anyone else. I think you're missing out on a lot of cool ideas by rejecting anything that comes from an NF sounding point of view. Sorry my complex and multi-faceted personality annoys you. I guess you'll just spend the rest of your time on here annoyed, as I don't intend to leave.

In fact, I don't have severe problems. I'm quite functional. And I'm a Wiccan priestess, which means I've studied Wicca a fair amount, and I'm technically considered to be qualified to give advice and such (which means if I started out with any severe problems I should have them taken care of by now). It is a legitimate religion, with many NT's. My life is pretty good. How is yours?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    No. When one person is extreme in one area, it's always best that they seek balance within themselves, rather than excusing their imbalance as a function of gender, and seeking to compensate for it by symbiosis with someone else equally (though oppositely) imbalanced.

We call this Individuation and it is part of growing up. A process which involves throwing off childish fairy tales and fantasies and overly-simplistic models of the world and the "types" of people in it.
    Ok you're right, I should have phrased this better. I mean people have individual strengths and weaknesses, and even just taking into account the strengths, being different it's best for people to complement each other as @sprinkles suggested. Yes, people need to have balance within themselves first. But individual differences exist and are a good thing, and those differences work best in balance. Two balanced individuals in balance with each other is a good thing. Gender has associated differences, which are a good thing; they tend to fit the pattern of yin-yang, and are somewhat correlated with biological sex.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I somewhat disagree with you. I was with guy whose Family all had a very pro-military worldview. Almost all of the men had served at one time or another and there was the idea that being a military family was the greatest things you could possibly do. I think many people are attracted to the idea of war as being noble and romantic.
    You knew one family like that, and that defeats the argument that most men have to be forced if they have to go to war? You may notice how, if that were the case, a concept such as "draft" wouldn't even exist...

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    There no biological reason why women couldn't be drafted into non-combat positions in the military.
    Yep, I agree. And they indeed used to help near the front.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

So no one has any legitimate arguments to what I've actually said.

I could take that to mean I'm doing pretty well, or maybe people have just decided to not participate in a dialogue.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

You knew one family like that, and that defeats the argument that most men have to be forced if they have to go to war? You may notice how, if that were the Ycase, a concept such as "draft" wouldn't even exist..

Yep, I agree. And they indeed used to help near the front.

I don't think that family is an isolated group they are just an example. They are other people outside of that family who share similar views. Not everyone in the army has to be drafted. I think your characterization of men/people and war is in inaccurate because no military force has ever been made up entirely of draftees. Also, right now there is not a active draft In the united states and there are still people volunteering to go to war.

I could just as easily say that if your idea was correct a concept such as "war" would not exist.

I think that some people are just attracted to agression and power (or even all people but to varying degrees). Thats what I think when I see people spending hours on video games that imitate war, watching action movies that feature the hero shooting and blowing things up, MMA, boxing, certain types of music that feature lyrics glorifying/boasting about violence, clothing decorated with skulls and guns. At least the united states (I dare say western culture) there are certain people who think of serving in a war or being a solider as noble or romantic idea.