User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 581

  1. #141
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    How does this correlate with validation of the social construct gender binary?
    Do you have any basis for the belief that I am justifying this? If you knew me in person you would know that this is nonsense. I think you are over simplifying things and jumping to conclusions. As for the original quotation, it would be fairly easy to research Cherokee culture and decide for yourself how balanced the genders were.

    You certainly have a valid point in saying that the quotation itself may be conducive to an overly simplistic application of gender roles; but background information would probably point in a different direction for what the reality was in their particular culture.

  2. #142
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Firstly, it's complement, not compliment.

    Next, it assumes there are specific traits within each species where with the human race, gender roles are constructs. Her WOT relies on gender roles to create a need between two 'species' to coexist. This foundation is corrupt. Once the foundation for any hypothesis is corrupt, the entire house of cards folds.
    You're right in that I disagree that gender roles are purely social constructs. I do agree that they should never be forced, and I specifically stated this. They naturally arise and they are here for a reason. People just take them to extremes and try to force associated behavior. It is this control of people that is the problem, not the roles themselves.

  3. #143
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    The difference between thinking and feeling. Warm and gushy stuff stands on its own, I suppose.
    No, you're requiring things to be spelled out rather than trying to understand things intuitively and holistically. And you are arguing against binary ways of thinking, yet you employ it in your arguments by rejecting arguments which use the opposite ways of thinking. Thinking versus feeling is to a great extent just a logical construct and not very descriptive of real people and real circumstances. Thinking can take many forms, and feeling sometimes doesn't have to be analyzed for it to be useful and produce good results.

  4. #144
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    The reason I decry gender roles is because it's a construct that's non-beneficial to either biological gender. It also fails the logic test, in that so many of the human race don't fall within its constructed guidelines, where within a Venn diagram, you'll find that there's a substantial subset of men and women who intersect in talents and traits.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    And don't forget, since each person has both feminine and masculine, men can lead women to their souls and women can protect men. (And as @Elfboy mentioned, men can protect each other.)
    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    It's exceedingly silly to suggest that women aren't capable of protecting themselves. It's also exceedingly silly to suggest that all men remain stoically detached from their emotions, needing women to attach them to what's inherently within them.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    While we are capable of doing anything we put our minds to, we could still use some help, and we like to feel safe. And though men are perfectly capable of living however they want, and being in harmony with themselves, many of them find themselves fighting a lot of external battles and disconnecting with themselves; and they could use some healing and nurturing.
    Evidently you didn't read my post as carefully as you think.

  5. #145
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Hence the NF nature of this thread and the concept. It's fluffy shit floating alone on a cloud, no logical legs to stand on.
    Life isn't all logic. Emotions and human relationships exist, and they get messy. And cleaning everything up isn't always neat and logical either. That's why each of us has both a thinking and a feeling function, because no matter what your type, these issues are relevant to everyone, and so is feely stuff. You don't have to be a feeler to feel, and have successful relationships. maybe you should develop your feeling function and then you could wrap your mind around these vague sounding concepts more easily.

  6. #146
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Ugh, carry on with this bullshittery of a thread. Perfect for NFs.
    You don't have to read it, you know. Maybe you should find something more stereotypically NT to do instead of read things into people's posts which aren't there and then call people illogical because of it. (Oh wait, that is stereotypical NT. But not very socially successful NT.)

  7. #147
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yes, yes, so this proverb can be mined for meaning if you strip away all of the literal elements that make it unique from any of the other funny little bits of "wisdom" we always hear. "Protect the ones you love" and such. Why do it, though?
    ...Because then you can get into Taoist philosophy and Divinity being manifested in human form? Which is beautiful? Because celebrating women and men's unique qualities is empowering? Maybe I'm a rare NT who likes thinking of women and men as sacred and beautiful. Or not an NT.

    Basically to examine something with critical thinking for more than is obvious.

  8. #148
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Note to self and everyone everywhere who is in the business of giving advice and wisdom: don't speak to NT's with proverbs, mysticism, anything vague, or anything they have to use a function other than logic to figure out. And there we have the thread in a nutshell, folks. We've all learned something today.

  9. #149
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    MAKE ME BISCUITS DAMN IT. AS LONG AS THERE ARE BISCUITS ALL IS WELL
    @DiscoBiscuit

    Ummm...youre welcome?

    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  10. #150
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Well I for one commend @greenfairy for defending her OP to the last breath. hope you stick around the forum :applause:

    Wait unless you posted some rule breakers in these 15 threads, in which case, somebody better report them so we know about em.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. Older woman younger man
    By Butterfly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 06:27 AM
  2. [NF] F woman and T man
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 03:22 AM
  3. [NF] If you had infinite money,land, and man-power... What would you do for fun?
    By ObeyBunny in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 12:05 AM
  4. The good life and man's relation to society
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO