User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I can and have done the same things on here but the difference is I'm actually able to change gears.

Funny that you talk about thinking and feeling yet decry gender roles. It amounts to a lot of the same deal.
    The reason I decry gender roles is because it's a construct that's non-beneficial to either biological gender. It also fails the logic test, in that so many of the human race don't fall within its constructed guidelines, where within a Venn diagram, you'll find that there's a substantial subset of men and women who intersect in talents and traits.

It's exceedingly silly to suggest that women aren't capable of protecting themselves. It's also exceedingly silly to suggest that all men remain stoically detached from their emotions, needing women to attach them to what's inherently within them.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    The reason I decry gender roles is because it's a construct that's non-beneficial to either biological gender. It also fails the logic test, in that so many of the human race don't fall within its constructed guidelines, where within a Venn diagram, you'll find that there's a substantial subset of men and women who intersect in talents and traits.

It's exceedingly silly to suggest that women aren't capable of protecting themselves. It's also exceedingly silly to suggest that all men remain stoically detached from their emotions, needing women to attach them to what's inherently within them.
    Yet it's already been said that it isn't literal or meant in that way. You still keep going back to the literal sense.

It's starting to look like this:

"It's silly to suggest x"
    "We aren't suggesting x"
    "But it's STILL silly to suggest x!"
    "And we STILL aren't suggesting x!"
    "But don't you get it? It's silly to suggest x!"
    "We get it, and we aren't suggesting it."
    "BUT IT'S STILL SILLY TO SUGGEST X!"

Yet it's already been said that it isn't literal or meant in that way. You still keep going back to the literal sense.

It's starting to look like this:

"It's silly to suggest x"
    "We aren't suggesting x"
    "But it's STILL silly to suggest x!"
    "And we STILL aren't suggesting x!"
    "But don't you get it? It's silly to suggest x!"
    "We get it, and we aren't suggesting it."
    "BUT IT'S STILL SILLY TO SUGGEST X!"
    Do you have any idea how much you're flipping in and out of any attempt at logic? I doubt you do or you wouldn't be doing it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Do you have any idea how much you're flipping in and out of any attempt at logic? I doubt you do or you wouldn't be doing it.
    Do you have any idea how much this isn't a logic thing to begin with?

You may as well argue that we aren't speaking Spanish. Of course we aren't and we never intended to.

Do you have any idea how much this isn't a logic thing to begin with?

You may as well argue that we aren't speaking Spanish. Of course we aren't and we never intended to.
    Hence the NF nature of this thread and the concept. It's fluffy shit floating alone on a cloud, no logical legs to stand on.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

@Randomnity

It just occurred to me that you can think of this as a simplified MBTI dealie.
    ...yes, the issue is when you start saying that every relationship has a T and an F, or that "Fs need to help Ts find their soul" and "Ts need to protect Fs from the big bad world", which is more or less the original proverb.

It's not the categorization I object to, it's the implication that every relationship is yin AND yang and that each has a different responsibility.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFJ

Hence the NF nature of this thread and the concept. It's fluffy shit floating alone on a cloud, no logical legs to stand on.
    Make a formal hypothesis that it requires these 'legs' and then prove this hypothesis, or join the club.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    ...yes, the issue is when you start saying that every relationship has a T and an F, or that "Fs need to help Ts find their soul" and "Ts need to protect Fs from the big bad world", which is more or less the original proverb.

It's not the categorization I object to, it's the implication that every relationship is yin AND yang and that each has a different responsibility.
    That's not the implication being made so don't worry.

Make a formal hypothesis that it requires these 'legs' and then prove this hypothesis, or join the club.
    I've already broken down the logic. There is none that it stands on. That you continue to make irrational assertions without backing it up with anything worthwhile, is irrational.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

That's not the implication being made so don't worry.
    Uhhh ok, I guess I just imagined all the talk about yin complementing yang and that both are needed for balance and the original proverb assigning different roles to men and women (yin and yang if you prefer).

Alright, carry on then.
    -end of thread-