User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram

I believe in fate in concerns to certain turn of events, but it is up to us how we take them and what we do with them.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Yes, I do believe in fate and luck. I feel like some things are out of our control and sort of random, and other things, we have a bit more control over. Regardless of control, everything happens for a reason.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    According to paleontolgy and philogenetics, I'd rather say it in that order:

So the egg came first, then the shell, then the chicken.

But of course, I know that you are refering to the biological process.
    huh? you have single celled organisms that have shells? can you link me in? i'm fascinated by this crap (can read it for hours).

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Yes, I do believe in fate and luck. I feel like some things are out of our control and sort of random, and other things, we have a bit more control over. Regardless of control, everything happens for a reason.
    What reason do things happen for?

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    What reason do things happen for?
    it's all part of the universe's plan to make me dirty rich. duh.

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I would consider myself logical. I would like to state that irrationality is not commonplace in my worldview.

However, especially the older I am becoming, I cannot shake the feeling that things are happening for a reason.

My logical self states I am forming connections only where reality substantiates thought, but I cannot help but feel something metaphysical is at play. Coincidences too firm to be mere chance... or is Ne playing a dirty trick on me?

How do you feel about fate?
    A man builds a house. Did his atomic makeup cause the house to be built or was it because he was motivated to built it? I suppose one could argue it either way with enough supporting evidence.

Perhaps the man inherited a lot of money and with that money was inspired to construct his dream house. That's one way to reason it.
    Or perhaps the man simply got a nice chemical reaction in his brain from it and wanted to continue. That's another valid way to reason it.

Both arguments however apply different valid reasons for the house being built and yet can be thought of as either mutually exclusive or mutually inclusive, depending on whether you accept both arguments or not. Then "do things happen for a reason?" They can and do, if you reason everything. It doesn't somehow mean that because you can reason everything that you have some all-pervasive truth about the world. As per Ginkgo's quote, everything would happen for a reason because one decided it did and looked only for how it would...

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

"Things happening is reason with or without you." there fixed.
    Mastery is its own reward.

SingSmileShine

I have always thought that things happen for a reason. I believe that coincidences do not exist.

I do not think things are happening for a reason - the closest I would come to such a position is the assertion that mental activity is effecting the universe at a quantum level. Likewise there is no "what goes around comes around" in my worldview either.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Hermes realized that the sight which he beheld was revealed to him only because Poimandres had spoken a Word. The Word was Reason, and by the Reason of the Word invisible things were made manifest. Divine Mind--the Dragon!