First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I believe in gravity and the solar system and infiniteness of space. But I don't get a deep wondrous emotion when I think about them.
    Me neither. But I certainly do when I feel them or experience them. I'm so very lucky that my T/F dimension comes out close to even. I can both experience the beauty of nature and consider it to gain understanding. Or is that a classic Ne feeding Ti? Help!! But I ***never*** experience the beauty of nature without considering both its creator and the creator's advocate (Holy Spirit) who resides within me and enables me to be who I am
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    Me neither. But I certainly do when I feel them or experience them. I'm so very lucky that my T/F dimension comes out close to even. I can both experience the beauty of nature and consider it to gain understanding. Or is that a classic Ne feeding Ti? Help!! But I ***never*** experience the beauty of nature without considering both its creator and the creator's advocate (Holy Spirit) who resides within me and enables me to be who I am

Interesting. I was thinking/musing it was more of an Se thing. Being able to put aside T/F and actually experience something in the moment.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Interesting. I was thinking/musing it was more of an Se thing. Being able to put aside T/F and actually experience something in the moment.
    Ok but. This would depend on what we are seeing. Are we meaning natural things (Se) or Nature (Ne)? Just a thought - may be bollocks.
    Cognitive functions:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Now that I think about it if we assume a belief in God and except the idea of Myers-Briggs for defining personality I guess you could argue the idea that everyone is experiencing spirituality through different functions. so maybe my lack of feeling of spirituality is actually just a lack of experience of Fe spirituality . whereas other people might lack other types of spirituality. For instance someone with less TI might have more trouble with theological study? Maybe.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Now that I think about it if we assume a belief in God and except the idea of Myers-Briggs for defining personality I guess you could argue the idea that everyone is experiencing spirituality through different functions. so maybe my lack of feeling of spirituality is actually just a lack of experience of Fe spirituality . whereas other people might lack other types of spirituality. For instance someone with less TI might have more trouble with theological study? Maybe.
    Which is of course another way of saying (for a religious person) that we come to God via the gift set that God has given us.
    Cognitive functions:

Though I would classify myself as a believer, I have a very difficult time being "spiritual". Feeling any kind of transcendental emotions or connection to the universe. I feel very disconnected when people talk about there souls or there spirit being affected by something. My mind accepts it, but I feel like the emotional component is missing. Other people seem to have the opposite problem, some people have it all going on and other don't accept any of it.

Obviously a certain answer would be that there is no emotional feeling because there is nothing really divine, but I don't really want to get into a debate of the existence of supernatural forces.
    :roflmao:

Yeah, I dont think that obvious or certain answer would stand, for the simple reason that if you have not feeling about the orbital paths of the planets around the sun it still happens.

I used to contemplate this topic in the way you have described, perhaps I still do as I actively think about and pursue spiritual experiences, although I kind of put it down to being a strong NT, a lot of spiritual people and writers appear to have been strong feelers or perceivers instead. I like to read Aquinas or other scholarly authorities who have a sort of NT or cataloguing streak in them too.

Now and again I've had random frequently occuring coincidences which I could construe as divine response or planning with respect to myself or my prayers, although I've read a lot about confirmation bias and when I've able to see it and criticise it in others, especially athiests, I have to be able to do likewise for myself. More recently I've had humbling and terrifying experiences to do with my own health, it has made me think seriously about God and my own spirituality, it has not shaken it to its foundations as an earlier, brief, crisis of faith did, although it has made me think again some of the pop, positivity of contemporary spirituality, life may not be a bed of roses, things are sent to test the faithful.

This is not something I think people think about too much, instead of mystical epiphanies and joyful uplifting transcendent contentment you could, if you're spiritually open and orientated, invite the trials of God damned Job, that's just as much a possibility.

If you decide to pursue an exclusively thinking variety of spirituality, one which precludes supernatural or cosmic dimensions, I would recommend Eric Fromm's reinterpretation of the old testament You Shall Be As Gods, it proved interesting to be in the "soul" is synomous with psyche is synomous with psychology sort of way. I believe that he was mistaken ultimately, although its intriguing to see how he felt that spirituality and religious traditions had a significant relevence despite being an avowedly marxist humanist and non-theist (his terminology) materialist.

That's my take on it.

And the major spirituality guides and accounts will reflect certain typologies, almost exclusively so.

Which is of course another way of saying (for a religious person) that we come to God via the gift set that God has given us.
    Or is God experiencing the world in different ways through us? The infinite variety and diversity would make for the sort of "progressive" dialogue which appears to happen in the bible and other world religions scriptures.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Or is God experiencing the world in different ways through us? The infinite variety and diversity would make for the sort of "progressive" dialogue which appears to happen in the bible and other world religions scriptures.
    Oh dear. I've got another question (why is religion always like that?). Is God independent of the Bible?
    Cognitive functions:

Oh dear. I've got another question (why is religion always like that?). Is God independent of the Bible?
    I'm not sure what you're suggesting religion is always like, the idea of a dialogue between God and creation, infact that being in part the purpose of creation, is derived from Jung.

Of course God is independent of the bible, unless you believe some lutheran idea like solo scripture, which I dont.