• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan is Real

Mole

Permabanned
The proven fraud, Carlos Castaneda, is used to justify the drug culture - to give it a faux mystical dimension.

And the fruits of the drug culture are here to see - narcissists using blood soaked marijuana from Mexico.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
The proven fraud, Carlos Castaneda, is used to justify the drug culture - to give it a faux mystical dimension.

And the fruits of the drug culture are here to see - narcissists using blood soaked marijuana from Mexico.

I somehow don't think that the people involved in that are doing it to go on a mystical journey.

Marijuana isn't particularly a mystical experience anyway unless you already go into it with that mindset. It's not even trippy...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can define Christianity as you like by your own personal definition of Christianity, I logically can't disagree with that type of sophistry. I just assume if a significant body of people call themselves a Christian and has a rationalization for it, who am I to argue.

I really don't know what you're saying in that second paragraph. As far as my reference to a faux metaphyscial experience, the faux was referencing the the factuality, not the metaphysicallity. I do know the difference.

How do you know that a metaphysical truth came from a faux (false) mystical experience?

There's no objective basis for any of this. You can say that a metaphysical truth came from reading your bowel movements.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you know that a metaphysical truth came from a faux (false) mystical experience?

There's no objective basis for any of this. You can say that a metaphysical truth came from reading your bowel movements.

Well, the whole thing about mysticism is that it's not about objective basis, it's about a common corresponding subjective basis. Basically you're barking up the wrong tree. Of course, I'm sure you don't believe the tree exists in the first place. But that really is a huge point of any kind of communication in any form of mysticism.. it kind of gives a map and encouragement for you to find the tree and see for yourself. You can't do it with armchair musing and logical operations.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the whole thing about mysticism is that it's not about objective basis, it's about a common corresponding subjective basis. Basically you're barking up the wrong tree. Of course, I'm sure you don't believe the tree exists in the first place. But that really is a huge point of any kind of communication in any form of mysticism.. it kind of gives a map and encouragement for you to find the tree and see for yourself. You can't do it with armchair musing and logical operations.

Yes it's only a personal truth involved. But the idea that it can come from a false mystical experience is pure poppycock, armchair or not.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes it's only a personal truth involved. But the idea that it can come from a false mystical experience is pure poppycock, armchair or not.

Lol, any human activity is a mystical experience, including the act of lying or fabricating. In terms of subective experience, there really isn't a such thing as untruth per se. Obvert lies can and do lead to truths, sometimes valuable and insightful ones.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, any human activity is a mystical experience, including the act of lying or fabricating. In terms of subective experience, there really isn't a such thing as untruth per se. Obvert lies can and do lead to truths, sometimes valuable and insightful ones.

Now I know I'm being trolled.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now I know I'm being trolled.

In all truth, no I am not trolling you at all. If you delve a little deeper into the subject of mysticism and shamanism, you'll find what I said in all the subtext and even mentioned overtly. I get a feeling from you that I don't think you'll be able to wrap your head around it soon. It's not a thing worth getting worked up about, though.