User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. #21
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524
    The proven fraud, Carlos Castaneda, is used to justify the drug culture - to give it a faux mystical dimension.

    And the fruits of the drug culture are here to see - narcissists using blood soaked marijuana from Mexico.

  2. #22
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The proven fraud, Carlos Castaneda, is used to justify the drug culture - to give it a faux mystical dimension.

    And the fruits of the drug culture are here to see - narcissists using blood soaked marijuana from Mexico.
    I somehow don't think that the people involved in that are doing it to go on a mystical journey.

    Marijuana isn't particularly a mystical experience anyway unless you already go into it with that mindset. It's not even trippy...

  3. #23
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You can define Christianity as you like by your own personal definition of Christianity, I logically can't disagree with that type of sophistry. I just assume if a significant body of people call themselves a Christian and has a rationalization for it, who am I to argue.

    I really don't know what you're saying in that second paragraph. As far as my reference to a faux metaphyscial experience, the faux was referencing the the factuality, not the metaphysicallity. I do know the difference.
    How do you know that a metaphysical truth came from a faux (false) mystical experience?

    There's no objective basis for any of this. You can say that a metaphysical truth came from reading your bowel movements.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #24
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    How do you know that a metaphysical truth came from a faux (false) mystical experience?

    There's no objective basis for any of this. You can say that a metaphysical truth came from reading your bowel movements.
    Well, the whole thing about mysticism is that it's not about objective basis, it's about a common corresponding subjective basis. Basically you're barking up the wrong tree. Of course, I'm sure you don't believe the tree exists in the first place. But that really is a huge point of any kind of communication in any form of mysticism.. it kind of gives a map and encouragement for you to find the tree and see for yourself. You can't do it with armchair musing and logical operations.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Well, the whole thing about mysticism is that it's not about objective basis, it's about a common corresponding subjective basis. Basically you're barking up the wrong tree. Of course, I'm sure you don't believe the tree exists in the first place. But that really is a huge point of any kind of communication in any form of mysticism.. it kind of gives a map and encouragement for you to find the tree and see for yourself. You can't do it with armchair musing and logical operations.
    Yes it's only a personal truth involved. But the idea that it can come from a false mystical experience is pure poppycock, armchair or not.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #26
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes it's only a personal truth involved. But the idea that it can come from a false mystical experience is pure poppycock, armchair or not.
    Lol, any human activity is a mystical experience, including the act of lying or fabricating. In terms of subective experience, there really isn't a such thing as untruth per se. Obvert lies can and do lead to truths, sometimes valuable and insightful ones.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Lol, any human activity is a mystical experience, including the act of lying or fabricating. In terms of subective experience, there really isn't a such thing as untruth per se. Obvert lies can and do lead to truths, sometimes valuable and insightful ones.
    Now I know I'm being trolled.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #28
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Now I know I'm being trolled.
    In all truth, no I am not trolling you at all. If you delve a little deeper into the subject of mysticism and shamanism, you'll find what I said in all the subtext and even mentioned overtly. I get a feeling from you that I don't think you'll be able to wrap your head around it soon. It's not a thing worth getting worked up about, though.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you think this is real?
    By prplchknz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 12:52 AM
  2. Personality reading is real - and this is how you do it
    By Anarkandi in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 04:01 PM
  3. Just realized my Se is real weak.
    By Illmatic in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 02:43 PM
  4. Garfield is real
    By entropie in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 12:57 PM
  5. .. and this story is real
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO