User Tag List

First 123

The proven fraud, Carlos Castaneda, is used to justify the drug culture - to give it a faux mystical dimension.

And the fruits of the drug culture are here to see - narcissists using blood soaked marijuana from Mexico.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The proven fraud, Carlos Castaneda, is used to justify the drug culture - to give it a faux mystical dimension.

And the fruits of the drug culture are here to see - narcissists using blood soaked marijuana from Mexico.
    I somehow don't think that the people involved in that are doing it to go on a mystical journey.

Marijuana isn't particularly a mystical experience anyway unless you already go into it with that mindset. It's not even trippy...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    You can define Christianity as you like by your own personal definition of Christianity, I logically can't disagree with that type of sophistry. I just assume if a significant body of people call themselves a Christian and has a rationalization for it, who am I to argue.

I really don't know what you're saying in that second paragraph. As far as my reference to a faux metaphyscial experience, the faux was referencing the the factuality, not the metaphysicallity. I do know the difference.
    How do you know that a metaphysical truth came from a faux (false) mystical experience?

There's no objective basis for any of this. You can say that a metaphysical truth came from reading your bowel movements.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    How do you know that a metaphysical truth came from a faux (false) mystical experience?

There's no objective basis for any of this. You can say that a metaphysical truth came from reading your bowel movements.
    Well, the whole thing about mysticism is that it's not about objective basis, it's about a common corresponding subjective basis. Basically you're barking up the wrong tree. Of course, I'm sure you don't believe the tree exists in the first place. But that really is a huge point of any kind of communication in any form of mysticism.. it kind of gives a map and encouragement for you to find the tree and see for yourself. You can't do it with armchair musing and logical operations.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well, the whole thing about mysticism is that it's not about objective basis, it's about a common corresponding subjective basis. Basically you're barking up the wrong tree. Of course, I'm sure you don't believe the tree exists in the first place. But that really is a huge point of any kind of communication in any form of mysticism.. it kind of gives a map and encouragement for you to find the tree and see for yourself. You can't do it with armchair musing and logical operations.
    Yes it's only a personal truth involved. But the idea that it can come from a false mystical experience is pure poppycock, armchair or not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yes it's only a personal truth involved. But the idea that it can come from a false mystical experience is pure poppycock, armchair or not.
    Lol, any human activity is a mystical experience, including the act of lying or fabricating. In terms of subective experience, there really isn't a such thing as untruth per se. Obvert lies can and do lead to truths, sometimes valuable and insightful ones.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Lol, any human activity is a mystical experience, including the act of lying or fabricating. In terms of subective experience, there really isn't a such thing as untruth per se. Obvert lies can and do lead to truths, sometimes valuable and insightful ones.
    Now I know I'm being trolled.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Now I know I'm being trolled.
    In all truth, no I am not trolling you at all. If you delve a little deeper into the subject of mysticism and shamanism, you'll find what I said in all the subtext and even mentioned overtly. I get a feeling from you that I don't think you'll be able to wrap your head around it soon. It's not a thing worth getting worked up about, though.