User Tag List

First 123 Last

The only true "ideal" marriage in the Bible is Adam and Eve (seeing that the story has God playing a direct part in the pairing). And what were they? Two naked infants frolicking in the woods. It wasn't until they started overthinking everything and guilting themselves about pointless bullshit that everything went downhill.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    To fair the first two examples are examples of people doing th wrong thinindium bing to passions and in the third god is trying to use the example of hosea and goner to illustrate his faithfulness to Israel despite their frequent bouts of idol worship.
    She wasn't a "goner," she was "Gomer."

But I agree that that one was different. God told him to marry Gomer, as an example of God's relationship to the faithless Israel.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

edit: Oh, and by their standards, I and every male who ever lived, and their dogs, cats, and every other creature under the sun is going to burn in hell for "onanism". Whether we jerked off or had wet dreams (either is inevitable), it's the Lake of Fire for us. And if you think can be free of this sin, then you will go to another section of hell for false testimony.
    not true.firstly, I'm not trying to convert you just dishing out some info, so here it goes. from the Christian perspective this sin, and all sins are an inevitable part of human nature. The way to avoid hell isn't to never sin ( an impossibility) but to recognize the reality of your sin and accept that Jesus died as a sacrifice on your behalf. The idea is that through following god you can be less sinful but you will never be completely perfect as that was only accomplished by Jesus.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She wasn't a "goner," she was "Gomer."

But I agree that that one was different.
    I'm on an iPhone the auto correct destroys everything.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

thinindium bing
    I'm on an iPhone the auto correct destroys everything.
    Oh good, I thought you'd had a stroke.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTx

It wasn't until they started overthinking everything and guilting themselves about pointless bullshit that everything went downhill.
    Hey mister, fruit is serious god damn business.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

@Jennifer

I think there actually is some short passage about women "turning to unnatural activities with other women" in there somewhere. Not in the laws but in think I remember it somewhere. I'll try to lOok it up.

And just to be clear I have no issue with legalizing gay marriage, I think separation of church and state is one of the most valuable aspects of the US government. I just don't like when people argue based on false ideas.

not true.firstly, I'm not trying to convert you just dishing out some info, so here it goes. from the Christian perspective this sin, and all sins are an inevitable part of human nature. The way to avoid hell isn't to never sin ( an impossibility) but to recognize the reality of your son and accept that Jesus die as a sacrifice on your behalf. The idea is that through following god you can be less sinful but you will never be completely perfect as that was only accomplished by Jesus.
    This is just the doctrine of original sin.. something invented by Augustine. A doctrine that wasn't entirely agreed on by the early church (especially some orthodox). Only adopted fully by Catholics and Protestants. Who make up only half of the Christian world. I don't totally buy into the idea of Jesus as a sacrifice, in the same way they do. If Jesus was really meant to take upon all sins, then he would have never wasted the majority of his life being a wandering rabbi. A teacher teaches the ignorant, for the sake of correction. A teacher doesn't waste time with the utterly corrupt and hopeless. He spent a lot of time prescribing ideas on good thinking, good attitude, good ways to avoid damnation, etc.. If none of it mattered, and that we were truly corrupt to the bone, and all he had to do was die for their sins, then he would have cut to the chase. He was wasting his time living into his 30s, if that's the case. He could have died as a toddler or something. Problem solved.

edit: Hmm.. this is way off the subject. Carry on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

The only true "ideal" marriage in the Bible is Adam and Eve (seeing that the story has God playing a direct part in the pairing). And what were they? Two naked infants frolicking in the woods. It wasn't until they started overthinking everything and guilting themselves about pointless bullshit that everything went downhill.
    Song of Solomon is supposed to be one but It's really mostly erotic poetry. I guess half of a good marriage is seen in proverbs 31. With the hardworking wife who is loves by her family. But yeah not a ton of stuff to go on.

Song of Solomon is supposed to be one but It's really mostly erotic poetry. I guess half of a good marriage is seen in proverbs 31. With the hardworking wife who is loves by her family. But yeah not a ton of stuff to go on.
    Funnily that was one of the books the early Jews debated a lot on. Some didn't think it belonged and thought impure/merely erotic.