• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If God exists, he must be laughing his ass off at this.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Humans, we concern ourselves with such trivial things.

The highest level physics going on today is basically this:

"Let's take the smallest things we can find, make them go as fast as they can, and crash them into one another."

Really people?

Are we 12?

Also, have you heard about the Higgs Bosson? Care to explain? It's hard to wrap your head around...apparently there exists a no gravity space? A higgs field that is "a field of influence" that is centered around a singular small particle? The bosson? That's as far as I can understand.

What I want to know is what happens when you take two of the biggest things we can find and have them go as slow as possible towards one another. lol

W

WALMART

When you push a rock in space, why does it take more energy to initialize movement than it does to perpetuate movement at a similar rate?

answer: higgs field.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes, I think God does laugh at us and himself haha :laugh:

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
IF there is a god, whatever. Mainstream science today is so fucking stupid i do not care to follow it anymore unless i can make my own conclusions, which i probably could on this subject if i heard of it 2 years ago when i was into theoretical physics.

Why do i not give a fuck? Because the double slit experiment with the electron and observation are completely thrown out the window in mainstream science. therefore, most of mainstream science doesn't acknowledged science, therefore; fuck it

W

WALMART

IF there is a god, whatever. Mainstream science today is so fucking stupid i do not care to follow it anymore unless i can make my own conclusions, which i probably could on this subject if i heard of it 2 years ago when i was into theoretical physics.

Why do i not give a fuck? Because the double slit experiment with the electron and observation are completely thrown out the window in mainstream science. therefore, most of mainstream science doesn't acknowledged science, therefore; fuck it

I do not fully understand your views, it would be interesting to see you elaborate on your thoughts.

I specifically do not understand your interpretation of the double slit experiment and its implication in mainstream science.

Lark

Humans, we concern ourselves with such trivial things.

The highest level physics going on today is basically this:

"Let's take the smallest things we can find, make them go as fast as they can, and crash them into one another."

Really people?

Are we 12?

Also, have you heard about the Higgs Bosson? Care to explain? It's hard to wrap your head around...apparently there exists a no gravity space? A higgs field that is "a field of influence" that is centered around a singular small particle? The bosson? That's as far as I can understand.

What I want to know is what happens when you take two of the biggest things we can find and have them go as slow as possible towards one another. lol

There's no if about it.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
20081124_science_simpsons.jpg

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
The Higgs field is what gives particles mass - specifically it gives W and Z bosons mass.

W and Z bosons are important because they help explain symmetry breaking, which - put simply - is considered part of the reason that invariant laws can result in a non-invariant system. W and Z bosons are also responsible for hydrogen fusion, which is what keeps stars alive.

The Higgs also helps explain why photons are massless.

This stuff is hard to explain if particles in general don't have mass, the W and Z bosons especially because they are observed to have mass.

G

Ginkgo

W and Z bosons are important because they help explain symmetry breaking, which - put simply - is considered part of the reason that invariant laws can result in a non-invariant system. W and Z bosons are also responsible for hydrogen fusion, which is what keeps stars alive.

Can you explain further? :)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Can you explain further? :)

W and Z bosons are responsible for the 'weak interaction'. They facilitate emission of neutrinos, which result from radioactive decay, and beta decay.

In hydrogen fusion, when deuterium and tritium (hydrogen nuclei) come together, beta decay might occur (it doesn't always, and in fact most of the time it doesn't) a W- boson flies out, and an electron and electron antineutrino are emitted, and some helium is left behind. This can happen due to the decay of the boson changing a down quark to an up quark.

This is interesting because typically only light (as in not heavy) particles can fuse in fusion (as opposed to fission). The reaction releases a certain amount of energy which is conveniently proportional to the mass of the particles, obeying E = mc^2

That's about all I know, I'm not really an expert on it. :D

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do not fully understand your views, it would be interesting to see you elaborate on your thoughts.

I specifically do not understand your interpretation of the double slit experiment and its implication in mainstream science.

There is nothing deeper than the big bang theory. Most mainstream science is so simplified as to stupify the public. There is no spirit science taught mainstreamly and so most people don't get profound insights, only religion and half ass science

W

WALMART

There is nothing deeper than the big bang theory. Most mainstream science is so simplified as to stupify the public. There is no spirit science taught mainstreamly and so most people don't get profound insights, only religion and half ass science

What would be a spirit science?

Are you gonna figure out what banged the bang? It's an unknown, ya know. You can't just be mad cause someone hasn't figured it out yet.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
''Spirit science" ? :huh:

..who ya gonna call?
images

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
dunno what you hold against the higgs mechanism. its the first plausible attempt ever to explain inertia, a problem I daily have to deal wit in technical calculation. besides beating inertia is good for spacetravel.

I think youre just bored :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
God takes great amusement in our suffering as he sits in his mighty thrown amongst the luxuries of Heaven, as he has nothing better to do there since there are no problems so our suffering is kind of like a good comedy TV show for him to watch so he doesn't die of boredom!

W

WALMART

God takes great amusement in our suffering as he sits in his mighty thrown amongst the luxuries of Heaven, as he has nothing better to do there since there are no problems so our suffering is kind of like a good comedy TV show for him to watch so he doesn't die of boredom!

It will be deeply tragic if I figure out someday this is the case.