User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We figured out the universe. What happen?

3w2 so

Then we'ld all show the enthusiasm of intps
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

I don't know. I don't think I'd be any different personally if it happened in my lifetime because 99.9999% of it will probably be trivia that I can't even put into practice.

Maybe my water would be synthesized directly out of my faucet and I get my steamed rice out of a replicator but I don't think much would be different as far as my philosophy goes. I probably wouldn't even realize that 'everything' had been figured out until someone told me.

Then again I'm not really a discovery person when it comes to knowledge - it's just a tool to me. I'd probably be relieved when the process is out of the way for good and I can just go on with experiencing stuff without having to poke at it with my intellectual yardstick stick of scientific measury.

Hopefully flowers will still be pretty and trees will still grow and I will still be a blanket hermit crab in the morning until I get my coffee.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

We discovered our limitations

After a mere 400 years after the Enlightenment, we have discovered our limitations.

We have discovered our religions don't reflect the empirical world, just as mbti and astology don't reflect the empirical world.

We have discovered we are limited by our perceptions. In particular we are unable to imagine the very large in Relativity; and we are unable to imagine the very small in Quantum Mechanics.

And just as water is invisible to fish, we have discovered our environment is invisible to us.

We have also discovered that the content of our environment is the previous environment. So for instance, print is the content of our electronic environment.

We have discovered our personalities and our societies are limited by our child rearing.

And we don't even know what 95% of the universe is made of.

create pocket universes with different races and govern them like gods.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

6 sx
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I would say the ultimate point is not knowledge, but more complex being that comes with experience. This can never end because being changes as you connect (or not) on the fly. However, perhaps it is possible that the universe is an undefined boundary and as we learn to perceive differently our recognition of the boundary shifts perpetually.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts