User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    My elbow example was at the most basic...it has an input...you tap it in the right spot...something says oh crap(hence processing)...and it makes your arm move.

I dont see either emotions/thought as primary or secondary, its dependent on the person, situation, life experiences, etc. that determines what each person has as primary/secondary. I actually see it all intertwined as opposed to completely seperate entities, but operating seperately as well.

edit: self is at the most basic level "The Thing" self can be one cell, it can be the body, it can be a group of people. Maybe thats to complicated for people to wrap there mind around as "self" is to much tied to a person as opposed to something that processes.
    In the elbow example, that something that processes is the brain and that's the situation in most situations that imply human beings. I, for one, do not see "self" as something that processes. A cell does not necessarily process, a part of the cell does and that would be a system/component that processes. If "self" is rather tied to something that processes, does your question become "how many processing units does a single person have?" ? On the other hand, you asked about selves and about a person, which is why the concept of "self" should be considered tied to the person.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Someone has to program the hardware to do what we want
    If we're making a tech analogy, the mind is more like firmware witten into programmable logic circuits. In a limited way, the mind modifies the brain and the brain defines the mind. That's why we're such fascinating mechanisms.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Corax View Post
    In the elbow example, that something that processes is the brain and that's the situation in most situations that imply human beings. I, for one, do not see "self" as something that processes. A cell does not necessarily process, a part of the cell does and that would be a system/component that processes. If "self" is rather tied to something that processes, does your question become "how many processing units does a single person have?" ? On the other hand, you asked about selves and about a person, which is why the concept of "self" should be considered tied to the person.
    Reflexes bypass the brain. They reach the spinal cord and bounce back.

My questions revolves around "self" and how even within ourself we may have multiple selfs(and I dont mean personalities) that control semi-independently of each other...our brain and thought is one of those and that is what we think with and what I am using right now though there may be another "self" that is not thought that I cant directly control or see with thought though it is present, my thoughts can sense it through some type of means, but they process independently of each other.

never mind. I really dont care how many processing untis we have. Or what defines them, but its the boundaries and the paradigms that a "self" is stuck in.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

Reflexes bypass the brain. They reach the spinal cord and bounce back.
    Then replace my "brain" with "nervous system" and it works fine.

our brain and thought is one of those and that is what we think with and what I am using right now though there may be another "self" that is not thought that I cant directly control or see with thought
    If you can't control, nor see it, does it manifest itself in any way? Also, you should be using at least two selves. I don't see how you could post on forums without using your thought, as well.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I just read about some research at MIT that suggest that blood my help us think, that it does more than simply convey nutrients and oxygen. It may be intrinsic to the formation and transmission of information at the axonal level.
    This suggests that ‘tech analogies’ are reductionist and therefore inaccurate.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I just read about some research at MIT that suggest that blood my help us think, that it does more than simply convey nutrients and oxygen. It may be intrinsic to the formation and transmission of information at the axonal level.
    It just extends the archetecture. Of course it's reductionst, it's an analogy, but it's a useful one.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I did try to think without blood once and it was really hard.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It just extends the archetecture. Of course it's reductionst, it's an analogy, but it's a useful one.
    I understand that, but it tests the limit of the analogy, and all analogies, which are just a means of reducing the real phenomenon to terms that are more easily understood.

there are a few ted talks on this that come to mind, i'll post them when i'm on my computer.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I did try to think without blood once and it was really hard.
    Hypoxia makes things really, really hard! but it's a cheap high.