User Tag List

First 2345 Last

I learnt that the purpose of church is to put us into a trance, so that our critical minds will go to sleep and we will believe whatever they tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I learnt that the purpose of church is to put us into a trance, so that our critical minds will go to sleep and we will believe whatever they tell us.
    Having learned this, will you return to church next week?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

People are self-righteous hypocrites.

Oh wait, I only had to come to Type C to learn that.

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    People are self-righteous hypocrites.

Oh wait, I only had to (look in a mirror) to learn that.
    Fixed that for you.
    Whoops.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Gish my judgments of humanity all extend to myself, I think the problem here is that you may be having issues with coping with yourself or something morally, since you always feel a need to criticize me. I've long been aware that all people are self-righteous hypocrites, so why don't you go look in the mirror and stop your shit with trolling me around the forum again.

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Gish my judgments of humanity all extend to myself, I think the problem here is that you may be having issues with coping with yourself or something morally, since you always feel a need to criticize me. I've long been aware that all people are self-righteous hypocrites, so why don't you go look in the mirror and stop your shit with trolling me around the forum again.
    My claim can be substantiated with evidence, yours is just a blatant attempt at an insult. Stop trolling me or i'll report you.
    Whoops.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    My claim can be substantiated with evidence, yours is just a blatant attempt at an insult. Stop trolling me or i'll report you.
    Gish, I think you may be troubled.

MBTI
    STUF

More on topic, I have a recurring location in my dreams that is some kind of a mix of a church, an airport, and a university. Every time I have one of those dreams I seem to experience the most vividly. Last night I had one and as I was praying I started getting approached by representatives from various schools telling me I had been accepted, then my cat woke me up. Personally churches have always been a place of thinking for me, outside of dreams I like to go to churches just to sit and think. It's a nice calm atmospheric place.
    Whoops.

Extreme Church Going

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Having learned this, will you return to church next week?
    It's a challenge.

In church I meet trance meisters who have been honing their practices for millennia.

So my challenge is to remain the captain of my soul in the face of profound group trance.

It's an extreme sport like white water rafting, where the white water is the group trance, and I have to keep my head above water, and pointed in the direction I choose.

And as you note, I find it hard to resist the challenge of extreme church going.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    "What has a man from all the toil and striving of heart with which he toils beneath the sun? For all his days are full of sorrow, and his work is a vexation. Even in the night his heart does not rest. This also is vanity.
    There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil."

-The Preacher
    i actually kind of like this. almost as if no matter what you do or how hard you try life will always have its bad moments, and it's better to view happenings as just that--happenings--with no judgment passed upon them... detached. in this frame of mind it can allow one person to back away from that initial negative feeling and instead shift themselves to a different perspective, altering their view and reshaping their own life instead of allowing life to reshape them.