Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    The only power we surely have is the power of love and compassion.
    The Force will change you, it will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they can accomplish. Mercy, compassion, loyalty, all these things will prevent you from claiming what is rightfully yours! Those who do not cast aside these conceits, those who walk the path of moderation will fail, dragged down by their own weakness.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    The Force will change you, it will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they can accomplish. Mercy, compassion, loyalty, all these things will prevent you from claiming what is rightfully yours! Those who do not cast aside these conceits, those who walk the path of moderation will fail, dragged down by their own weakness.
    Change and motion are illusions. Mercy, compassion, and loyalty are already ours in The Force. Attempting to claim something that is not yours is chasing a trail of smoke. Smoke arising from the impression that you can cast aside those "conceits" in the first place. Sith strike each other down in the name of change, unchanging.

MBTI
    ENTJ

The Dark Side will change you and transform you. Most rightfully fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi focus on harnessing the Force to be used productively in an enlightened manner, to maintain the balance of creation. Those who serve the dark side are blinded by their own animal and unrefined natures, further twisted by a fundamental misunderstanding of the Force, the self's relation to reality and reality itself. It is conceited to assume that anything is rightfully yours when a being of any power could have killed you as an infant. Even a non-living virus devoid of conscious force powers can kill the most powerful Sith. It is from the virtues of mercy, compassion and loyalty that all true strength exists, and those who cannot see this fundamental truth or cannot find it within themselves to develop these qualities will be destroyed by the Force itself.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    The Dark Side will change you and transform you. Most rightfully fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi focus on harnessing the Force to be used productively in an enlightened manner, to maintain the balance of creation. Those who serve the dark side are blinded by their own animal and unrefined natures, further twisted by a fundamental misunderstanding of the Force, the self's relation to reality and reality itself. It is conceited to assume that anything is rightfully yours when a being of any power could have killed you as an infant. Even a non-living virus devoid of conscious force powers can kill the most powerful Sith. It is from the virtues of mercy, compassion and loyalty that all true strength exists, and those who cannot see this fundamental truth or cannot find it within themselves to develop these qualities will be destroyed by the Force itself.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

The Jedi will cut a fart in a room then quietly excuse themselves while it builds in intensity.

The Sith will happily fart in your face suddenly and brutally, then laugh about it afterwards.

Not sure which is worse.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Star Wars philosophy is crude, shallow, and juvenile. I can't think about it without wanting to rip it up. It frustrates me when people take it seriously (and by Jove there are plenty who do). In particular, ethics in fiction is a subject that I like to discuss and have some strong ideas about, and Star Wars is one of my go-to examples for everything being done wrong.

Now, perhaps at some point I'll bother to elaborate on that instead of grumbling.

*harumph*

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Let's face it, the Force Lightning is really the only reason the Sith are cool. Otherwise they're ugly, and nobody wants to be ugly.

Black robes and red light sabers.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Star Wars philosophy is crude, shallow, and juvenile. I can't think about it without wanting to rip it up. It frustrates me when people take it seriously (and by Jove there are plenty who do). In particular, ethics in fiction is a subject that I like to discuss and have some strong ideas about, and Star Wars is one of my go-to examples for everything being done wrong.

Now, perhaps at some point I'll bother to elaborate on that instead of grumbling.

*harumph*

Black robes and red light sabers.
    I found your remarks intriguing. Isn't the philosophy for the most part mere permutation of various real world philosophy? What defines it as so crude and juvenile?

Anyhoo I've contemplated both codes and do believe the Jedi code doesn't seem to stick too much with what I understand of the universe. For one is there knowledge in a universe which is essentially unknowable? Is there harmony in a universe which is undergoing endless expansion? Is there peace in a universe whose internal components undergo endless destruction through collision and reaction? I can only see the logic in "There is no death, there is the Force" in the respect of the conservation of matter and energy of a living entity which has undergone death.

The code of the Sith is flawed in that it seeks a pursuit of ultimate power ("through victory my chains are broken" and "the Force shall free me") in a universe which has limits and is heading towards an inevitable decline. The Sith code too has the potential to go awry from the universe e.g. seeking immortality in the material self when immortality is not achievable in the conventional universe even though the existential component of the wider Sith philosophy is sound (as it aligns itself with "the natural law" observable in the animal kingdom and in the driving factors of evolution.

So I'll say the Sith code sucks and my post sucks too because I am more brain dead tonigh than I am usually.

MBTI
    INFJ

Uh huh, yeah. Two bad there can only be two Sith - master and apprentice. Everyone else = pawns.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    The Jedi will cut a fart in a room then quietly excuse themselves while it builds in intensity.

The Sith will happily fart in your face suddenly and brutally, then laugh about it afterwards.

Not sure which is worse.
    I'd say brutal farting is worse.
    "I am the one who knocks."

<3 Hyacinth