• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think is the measure of a good man?

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Out of pure intellectual curiosity .. what is a the measure of a good man [or gender neutral individual] to you?

I don't have a view as yet, and I'm curious.

Lark

That they conform, more or less, or aim to conform to the biophilious or productive personality typology/characterology of Erich Fromm.

At its most simple it has to begin with refraining from any an all predatory behaviour and deceitfulness, then its got to involve uncovering their own unconsicous ignorance, from which I think any and all evil is borne in the first place.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why, there are many measurements of goodness and many measurement of manliness. They can overlap in a myriad of ways even within one man.

Lark

Why, there are many measurements of goodness and many measurement of manliness. They can overlap in a myriad of ways even within one man.

Ah now that is a good point. I read the post as using "man" in the sense of hu"man"kind and "the measure" in terms of goodness. This is not precisely what is written. Very good highlight.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
How they stack up against Special Agent Dale Cooper.

352sy6.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How they compare to Bill Murray.

naughty-memes-very-demotivational-yes-he-did.jpg

Impossible standard to live up to.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I think of the people who I consider "Good" they are people who live out what they claim to believe to the absolute best of their ability, while not being judgmental or condemning people who think differently. Open-hearted, open-minded, but uncompromising in holding themselves up to their ethical standards.

Burger King

I think I'm just going to limit the use of the word "good" to describe the taste of food or how I felt about a movie.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Out of pure intellectual curiosity .. what is a the measure of a good man [or gender neutral individual] to you?

I don't have a view as yet, and I'm curious.

Things he exemplifies but are unmentioned.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Masculinity belongs in both genders, but a true man as it's traditionally defined is the black outline in a coloring book: he is strong and guiding without being overbearing and controlling. He offers comfort through stability, not stagnation, and reassures and allows for life and emotion and all the trappings of vitality to be experienced and played out in a safe place...his arms and his presence.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Masculinity belongs in both genders, but a true man as it's traditionally defined is the black outline in a coloring book: he is strong and guiding without being overbearing and controlling. He offers comfort through stability, not stagnation, and reassures and allows for life and emotion and all the trappings of vitality to be experienced and played out in a safe place...his arms and his presence.

So he's an IxxJ?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So he's an IxxJ?

Traditional man is an IJ while stereotypical woman is EP. This isn't the true picture of woman/manhood, since they are almost identical with the exception of child rearing and child birth.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Traditional man is an IJ while stereotypical woman is EP. This isn't the true picture of woman/manhood, since they are almost identical with the exception of child rearing and child birth.

Well I could agree that ISxJ men - especially ISTJs - are probably seen as the traditional protector/provider, and for that reason INxJs...especially INTJs ...could emulate some of these qualities, at least on the surface...but then there's also the macho stereotype of the ESTP man.

By the same token, EP women may fit the mercurial, chatty, open, even sexy stereotype of women...but I tend to think of xxFJs as being the ideal "good wife" or something, holding up societies norms and being sexually modest and being nurturers and organizing the home and the community, so hmm I don't know.

I like IxxJ men, but that's me. That's also why I think I'm IxFP instead of ExFP...I project Te or Fe on men, I idealize J-ness as a form of masculine strength, for whatever reason.

But actually IxxJ would be Pi. Which mean ExFP. Whoops. Ha ha.