2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    You are born
    You live
    You die
    Then it's all over

(1) Is that what you believe in Or do you believe there is more to it than that?

Also

(2) What purpose do you believe is there to life?
    I'd have it at this:
    1. You don't exist
    2. Your cells coalesce into the beginnings of a living thing
    3. You acquire consciousness
    4. You have a life, and it is what you make of it
    5. Your consciousness ends
    6. Your cells decay
    7. You return to nonexistence

Although you technically never stop existing, because your deeds in life and, if you were an organ donor, your body parts can still exist without your consciousness. That is, as long as Earth and humans continue to exist.

Life has whatever meaning you can get. If a god gives your life meaning, find a god, though usually you are assigned one shortly after birth. Don't want a god? Find another way to give life meaning. End suffering, explore the world, try beer from every country in the world, climb every mountain, raise good children that can go off and do great things, whatever floats your boat.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

My belief is first comes sensation then emotion then conscious thought then spirituality as a way of symbolically processing sensation holistically

Every time you blink your eyes there is a "bubble" created in your visual perception. Ie you don't know what is happening while your eyes are closed. Analogous things happen with the other sensors. All there is is perception in free flow. Logic is the attempt to tie these perceptions into cohesive wholes, but because we are biological sensors that can be damaged we just happen by complete chance I'm sure ignore wide swaths of reality in order to tie the cohesive wholes into forms that reinforce our egos.

^this is where you stop if you're an existentialist

Next level: realize that you're not so different from the other biological sensors around you. Then if you're aware of others around and history you can start to relate emotionally to WHY people believe what they believe even if you disagree. This will let you place yourself in their shoes and create a way of viewing creation stories and death stories as what they really are. Metaphors for events in the individual/culture. Symbols of perception

Next level: the extra-human world. The world of plants, animals, microscopic organisms, etc, their parts (organ systems, cells, dna, rna, proteins, etc, their constituent compounds, elements, etc, the quarks, strings, and math of which they are composed, universes, super massive black holes, quasars, and galaxies, etc

This lets you see that you're in a constant soup of interaction. In fact it gets so complex even math breaks down in trying to describe it. This is where your identity becomes one with your physicality. Where you realize your own universality. That's when the cool shit starts where you start doing on the flt perceptive, emotive, mind poetry and become a soul

There are so many ways to put it all together to "make sense of it all"

YOU KNOW WHAT? I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

Whether I die or am reincarnated go to another plane of existence or heaven or hell WHO GIVES A FUCK

Everyone agrees we have 100 years here if we're lucky so you best be damn fuxking sure I'm gonna live 200 years in that time if I have anything to say about it. And the whole time I'm going to float and be happy and spread love cheer and goodness wherever I go but you better believe I'm going to be riding life's ass @ 80 mph in a schoolzone because I deserve to give it my all and reshape the parts I encounter to really LIVE. That's what I think about the afterlife, it's a motivator to make the most of the time we have HERE
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    There are so many ways to put it all together to "make sense of it all"

YOU KNOW WHAT? I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

Whether I die or am reincarnated go to another plane of existence or heaven or hell WHO GIVES A FUCK
    Well really!

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well really!

Yes, that is one layer of my consciousness : D. Just like you Lark and all human beings I am capable to interact in many different ways even in the same circumstances. That is what it means to have a soul in my opinion.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Yes, that is one layer of my consciousness : D. Just like you Lark and all human beings I am capable to interact in many different ways even in the same circumstances. That is what it means to have a soul in my opinion.
    It was just the higher case swearing and possible verbal aggression I was highlighting, I like norms of more civilised discourse, or perhaps I'm channelling my inner steam punk/victoriana self at the moment a lot

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Mhmm for me it is more of a positive feeling. Perhaps passion, intensity, or excitement. It is not civilized or uncivilized simply a tool to begin a certain process within the self or outside of the self as is needed

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Mhmm for me it is more of a positive feeling. Perhaps passion, intensity, or excitement. It is not civilized or uncivilized simply a tool to begin a certain process within the self or outside of the self as is needed
    Looks like classic case of projection to me. But what do I know.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned

While not atheist, I'll participate.

For the first question, yes. What more can there be?

For the second question, I live my life as if it has inherent value. Whether this is true or not, I can't seak to, but if the alternative were true the only justified action I could take in response to that would be one I'm not ready to take, so I ignorantly assume its falsehood.

In other words, I believe my natural state at this time is life.

The purpose of 'life' seems impossible to speculate about. I haven't exerienced all of mine yet, let alone anyone else's. The purpose of my life, however, seems to have been (so far) to perceive but not judge, seems to be to say or do something meaningful, and is to finish reading the chapter I'm reading.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Looks like classic case of projection to me. But what do I know.
    Actually having feelings both good and bad is cathartic lol

Banned

(1) Is that what you believe in Or do you believe there is more to it than that?
    No, because I'm an Atheist.

(2) What purpose do you believe is there to life?
    To life, I have no idea. In the beginning it was about improving the gene pool to make sure that the human race evolved. Our evolution blew that scope away when we entered the modern age.

As far as I'm concerned there don't have to be any purpose to life, except my own will to live. That's the only reason that I need.