User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Do you think it lessens the pain or increases the pain to leave a note describing why they did so?
    That certainly depends on the content.

A: I have terminal cancer and would die within the next months anyway.
    B: You never called back.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

An addendum to the first question. Do you think it lessens the pain or increases the pain to leave a note describing why they did so? (I assure you I'm not planning to attempt, I'm just seeing if talking about it will quiet the thought however unserious it may be).
    my thoughts were always to make it look like an accident... no note, nothing... that way they wouldn't feel the need to blame themselves AND they could collect life insurance money to pay off anything that I owed... essentially mostly just deleting myself from existance... the next best thing to going back and preventing myself from ever being born

and to vieamemusique... usually things change over time so that you AREN'T always dragging them into a pit of dispair, while killing yourself would always be in their mind if you did...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    That certainly depends on the content.

A: I have terminal cancer and would die within the next months anyway.
    B: You never called back.
    So it depends directly on the logic. If their argument in the note was logical it would lessen the damage? I suppose that depends personally on the person reading it, if they don't understand, or don't see the logic whether it is there or not it may increase the pain. I suppose to put it directly is it easiere to cope with a suicide if there is logic within it. Even if the circumstances within it could've changed?

MBTI
    yupp

I was gonna leave a note saying that i was a failure and a blank check because i owe my room mate money. but times before i've tried i didn't leave a note, I guess it depends on different factors if I'm leaving a note or not. I think I would, just to tie up loose ends best I can. to tell people I love them to try and explain why i'm doing this. Not that I expect them to. this is a hard thing for me to explain and others to understand.

btw I am not suicidal at this moment, i'm just remembering what i was thinking and feeling during the time. but i do like this thread, i feel i can speak candidly about it and not feel like I might offend someone. I'm also just speaking for how it is for me, because i believe suicidal thoughts, suicide, etc are different for different people. And I thought you might like some perspective from a suicidal person. because my perspective on suicide changes depending on whether or not I'm suicidal. if I'm too depressing though I can stop posting.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my thoughts were always to make it look like an accident... no note, nothing... that way they wouldn't feel the need to blame themselves AND they could collect life insurance money to pay off anything that I owed... essentially mostly just deleting myself from existance... the next best thing to going back and preventing myself from ever being born

and to vieamemusique... usually things change over time so that you AREN'T always dragging them into a pit of dispair, while killing yourself would always be in their mind if you did...
    As for making it look like an accident. I suppose this is the gentlest way to handle the situation. Hmmm, that seems to be the way it should be if you truly wanted to avoid getting attention for the action. An unselfish way of killing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I was gonna leave a note saying that i was a failure and a blank check because i owe my room mate money. but times before i've tried i didn't leave a note, I guess it depends on different factors if I'm leaving a note or not. I think I would, just to tie up loose ends best I can. to tell people I love them to try and explain why i'm doing this. Not that I expect them to. this is a hard thing for me to explain and others to understand.

btw I am not suicidal at this moment, i'm just remembering what i was thinking and feeling during the time.
    Yeah, I agree with that. I suppose I would divide it between what most consider a random attempt, whether it was or not, or if it was planned (You could see it coming before they did so). Leaving a note for the more 'random' times.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I can't say that I believe in reincarnation, and it worries me to question what does come after death.
    I would say that the peace of suicide is an enticing thought at times. I will agree with you and say that the impact that it will have, whether positive or negative, is the concern I have as well.

As much as I feel that I am burdening the people around me and bringing them into my black hole of misery, there is this small thought that me dead would cause them great pain. But at times, I feel as though that pain would fade over time -- where as continuing to burden them is pain without an end date. The latter seems worse.
    Knowing how it ends is always a comforting notion, this I can agree with completely.

MBTI
    yupp

Yeah, I agree with that. I suppose I would divide it between what most consider a random attempt, whether it was or not, or if it was planned (You could see it coming before they did so). Leaving a note for the more 'random' times.
    yeah, that makes a lot of sense actually
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ReflecTcelfeR

I am off to work guys. Thank you very much for the discussion thus far.

ThatGirl

This very thread pisses me off.

My thought? If you don't care about your life, I really have no reason to either. Simple as that.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    This very thread pisses me off.

My thought? If you don't care about your life, I really have no reason to either. Simple as that.
    I think you might have missed the point of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.