User Tag List

First 2230313233 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    And they live on everyone else's resources, then, right?
    That is the price you have to pay for judging them by your moral standards.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    That is the price you have to pay for judging them by your moral standards.
    I'm all for the death penalty for those who murder or molest children- call me cold-hearted like that. Sometimes dangerous animals should just be put down. Ofc these are only my personal, subjective feelings on that topic/allocation of resources.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I'm all for the death penalty for those who murder or molest children- call me cold-hearted like that. Sometimes dangerous animals should just be put down. Ofc these are only my personal, subjective feelings on that topic/allocation of resources.
    That, too, is not cost-free.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    That, too, is not cost-free.
    True, sir, true. But it's substantially less, to me. Of course, again, this is from a personal standpoint- I can't expect everyone to agree.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

True, sir, true. But it's substantially less, to me. Of course, again, this is from a personal standpoint- I can't expect everyone to agree.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

i do not wish to persist in a vegetative, permanently unconscious, paralyzed or severely mentally/physically handicapped state. and because i have strong opinions on these topics, i have prepared the following:

a living will, or advanced care directive which details specific circumstances in which i do and do not wish to be resuscitated, put on life support, fed intravenously, waitlisted for organs, etc. i had a lawyer prepare mine but free forms are available for download on Nolo.com.

previously:
    a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order which i reviewed with/distributed to my family and 2 people closest to me. i kept a copy in my purse but i have revised my views on circumstances in which i do wish to be resuscitated so i no longer carry this.

of course, one can always go the route of less paperwork, but i would not expect EMTs to honor more creative attempts.

I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't think "justified" is a very good word to use in this context. What earthly right has anyone else to say when or whether I am or am not justified in taking my own life? Even if it harms others, I'm not convinced that that's the key issue, and even if it is, surely you've paid for it in the ultimate way. It's a decision that can only reasonably be made by any one individual, surely. To condemn anyone else's choice about how and when their life should end, purely on the grounds of that choice and not with reference to its knock-on effects on others, seems astoundingly arrogant and self-righteous to me.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    INFP

Everyone has their own ideas about what limits there are. And, I would believe that those who have committed suicide felt that those limits were reached. As human beings, don't we generally have the will to survive naturally instilled in us? So, I couldn't imagine someone saying, "Oh hell, I just want to kill myself just because." :/ Maybe I'm wrong. But, wouldn't that will to survive override most situations until it seems so bleak that there's no coming back from it? It doesn't matter so much whether the person is right or wrong on if there's any coming back from their personal situation. At that point in time, they are in an absolute hell, I would imagine. Otherwise, why do it? Those who suffer are not themselves generally when they are that far gone. Depression, anxiety, etc. Is it justified? Who is to be the one to say? I was told before that there are two things that condemn a soul upon death. Murder and suicide. When asked who would condemn these souls, the answer was no one. In the answer, there was no greater being. And any living human that might condemn? Well, the person who committed suicide is already dead, so what does it matter to them at this point in time? So, as in that case, who is the one deciding on the justification of it? Fellow humans? It's too late for that, isn't it? A deity? Who knows. I don't know what the people went through. I have no idea what their souls are going through, assuming that there are souls, I suppose. I didn't walk in their shoes. For me, all that can be done is to wish them the best and hope that, if they are somewhere else, they are somewhere much happier for them.

I think about killing myself all the time.

I just don't have the courage to ever do it. I even get scared of it. But death seems better to me at times.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

If that's what you choose, then its justified automatically. It may not be the strongest thing to do, but its a choice, no matter how selfish.
    I N V I C T U S