User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

Enneagram
    4w5

"To your credit, you may have a point, so I'm gonna edit my post to clarify it".

I appreciate your openess to others' opinions.. Such a great INTP quality..

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Oh. Weird.
    Oh shit. Stop the presses, AphroditeGoneAwry has got the answer! No philosophical or linguistic conundrums for her! She doesn't have to think too hard about anything because she's got common sense, durr!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    an inconsequential conversation. whether suicide is "justified" is going to be the last thing on the mind of someone seriously considering it
    I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this. Justification is relative and highly situational. There is no correct answer to the topic question, and even if there were it wouldn't change anything.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    an inconsequential conversation. whether suicide is "justified" is going to be the last thing on the mind of someone seriously considering it
    I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this. Justification is relative, there is no correct answer to the topic question, and even if there was it wouldn't change anything.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh shit. Stop the presses, AphroditeGoneAwry has got the answer! No philosophical or linguistic conundrums for her! She doesn't have to think too hard about anything because she's got common sense, durr!
    I just find it hard to believe people can't figure out what 'natural' means. If you could explain more in depth what you mean, that would be interesting (for me at least).
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Oh. Weird.
    It's by the way. called the naturalist fallacy. you can google it.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    It's by the way. called the naturalist fallacy. you can google it.
    Two things:

One, my main point with Orangey was that I find it odd that people cannot figure out what 'natural' is; that understanding why what is natural is so hard. And none of you seem to be answering me...

Two, you sort of make a leap into saying that what I've said falls under what is designated the 'naturalist fallacy.' I think there is room for discussion about if what I've even said could be defined as falling under that, and also just because Steven Pinker or someone else calls something a fallacy, doesn't necessarily mean it is. I mean, ideas and theories change all the time. I think it's an interesting topic in its own right and I've always been interested at our relationship with nature, and our attempt at dominating it unsuccessfully.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Good article.

Anyhow, I wonder if it could be justified (from a societal perspective) if the person commiting suicide has done many wrongs, and the world can be considered better off without that person. Like the types of suicides you often hear about them crazy people murdering their own family and then taking their own life. But then again, I can´t help but wonder that if they would kill themselves first, would it still be considered justifiable.

Either way, suicide is a cowardly way out, and until we become immortal and live forever, I can´t see it being ever truely justifiable.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Is that a euphemism?
    Yes, it is.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    This subforum is for discussions, not for self help. I offered a perspective that is both logical and inconvenient. I was showing that is perfectly possible to defend that suicide can be considered a good thing from an ethical perspective (which, ofc, doesn't mean people who commit suicide are usually guided by ethical motives).
    To your credit, you may have a point, so I'm gonna edit my post to clarify it.
    So, by extension, we should not discuss whether stealing, or murder, or cheating on your SO is ever justified lest someone take that as license to do it??? It is cowardly to be afraid of an idea, and pointless to try to take responsibility for the actions of others.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...