User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

I'm not Trunks

i think suicide is wrong and not the right thing to do.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

No, actually it is not easy to know what is "natural," or what that word even means exactly. I think that was EcK's point.
    Oh. Weird.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

WALMART

The right to die is always valid.

Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3YF4XM6wE"]Louis CK's perspective is always important[/YOUTUBE]

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't think morality has anything to do with it. Suicide is the result of an unfortunate situation, and is unfortunate for the other people involved. It is preferable in some situations to things like torture or a slow and painful death.

My ethics consist of being responsible for the consequences of your actions. Most people who commit suicide are being self focused and not thinking about what effect it will have on others, but it is worth considering. I would not judge suicide to be the "honorable" consequence of actions you have done, but accepting death by someone else may be. I would not judge anyone who did think it was honorable, especially if it was the custom in their culture (such as with the samurai); I just might think it was a bit excessive.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    To end suffering, all you have to do is blow out the candle :]
    Is that a euphemism?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Suicide means you are making the overpopulation a lesser problem without disrespecting the integrity of other people. It's the ultimate unselfish act a person can make.
    ???? honorable and ethical?????? I know that this a free forum and every one is entiltled to their own opinion.... However, you guys have to be extra careful about the information that are being stated on this thread due to the sensetive nature of the topic. There are people here on this forum who maybe contempleting suicide and perhaps are looking for a "sign" or a favorable opinion to do that....

I am not suggesting that life does not suck sometimes, and is not unjust but we humans with our limited knowldge are not aware of the opposite of life which is "nothingness", as it may be more painful....

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

an inconsequential conversation. whether suicide is "justified" is going to be the last thing on the mind of someone seriously considering it
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    an inconsequential conversation. whether suicide is "justified" is going to be the last thing on the mind of someone seriously considering it
    I have to disagree with you. There are many people who maybe consider taking their lives but due to religious reasons, or out of concern for their families... may not do that, but when they read threads such as this one, when some people are refrerring to suicide as a "noble and unselfish act", and some are literally justify the action by giving unlimtrd freedom to people over their own lives., then commiting suicide does not seem so morbid... and it even may seem "justfied"! is that the goal of this thread???

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    ???? honorable and ethical?????? I know that this a free forum and every one is entiltled to their own opinion.... However, you guys have to be extra careful about the information that are being stated on this thread due to the sensetive nature of the topic. There are people here on this forum who maybe contempleting suicide and perhaps are looking for a "sign" or a favorable opinion to do that....
    This subforum is for discussions, not for self help. I offered a perspective that is both logical and inconvenient. I was showing that is perfectly possible to defend that suicide can be considered a good thing from an ethical perspective (which, ofc, doesn't mean people who commit suicide are usually guided by ethical motives).
    To your credit, you may have a point, so I'm gonna edit my post to clarify it.
    I am not suggesting that life does not suck sometimes, and is not unjust but we humans with our limited knowldge are not aware of the opposite of life which is "nothingness", as it may be more painful....
    le sigh
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------