User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    But sometimes they don't have much pain. And most of the time there is a checking-out process where their minds really seemed to be leaving their bodies....You would want to rob them of that departure process? I think euthanasia is cruel. And has fatalistic ramifications we do not even care to fathom, much less consider. Why does everyone think hurrying death is so beneficial and superior to allowing the normal process to unfold??
    I think that euthanasia and suicide are two different things. To me, suicide connotes a person's choice, not outside others making decisions for that person. The Terry Schaivo case, for example, is one where I think it was complicated by her inability to consent (though that is why we should all have living wills), but when someone seeks a physician's help in dying because of a chronic illness, I think that's a different thing.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Interesting.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

I do no think either side of the argument can be exempt from bias. Those who advocate a natural course find that to be what resonates more with their belief system and values, and the same can be said for those who advocate for a controlled process. Trying to dissect the pros and the cons will ultimately clash with people's inner core and their drives, which can be often the result of complex, convoluted, unconscious and still ongoing processes. Ultimately that's not going to change easily [until collective consciousness evolves or something] and heated debates and opposing resolutions will keep on unfolding, in an organic balancing act.

So, take a @ thread.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I do no think either side of the argument can be exempt from bis. Those who advocate a natural course find that to be what resonates more with their belief system and values, and the same can be said for those who advocate for a controlled process. Trying to dissect the pros and the cons will ultimately clash with people's inner core and their drives, which can be often the result of complex, convoluted, unconscious and and still ongoing processes. Ultimately that's not going to change easily [until collective consciousness evolves or something] and heated debates and opposing resolutions will keep on unfolding, in an organic balancing act.

So, take a @ thread.

Pretty much. I'm merely trying to understand the other side. Not actively convert- not my thing.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Where did you find this definition of being ''meant'' to do or be anything in this life, or death? To me, these are all subjective. I'm saying live and let live, or, live and let die, in some scenarios. It'd be arrogant for me to assume I know what people should or should not ultimately do in these situations. I'm no universal authority on life or death, no matter how strongly I may feel about my own beliefs.

And what would you call refusal of food and water? Animals die of self-imposed dehydration and starvation when they're ill enough, all the time.
    I believe when you deal with natural biological processes of life (and death), there is a way that is meant to be. Of course, since we have higher level thinking and free will, we might try to change this reality to effect an outcome we might deem superior. But a million years of evolution is hard to better. So there is a way that is more 'meant to be.' And that is the way most rooted in nature. Ask yourself how would this happen in nature, or in the most natural way possible, and you will likely find the answer for the best outcome.

EDIT: And I think you, or others, are taking my opinion as proselytizing. I am not expecting, nor trying, to change anyone's mind. Which is why I often use the terms 'my opinion,' 'I believe,' or etc. Why do you view it at trying to convert?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

The more interesting question is: When is it justified to bring a new life into this world knowing that it will suffer?

MBTI
    yupp

I can not give my opinion on this topic, for i am too fucked up and not thinking clearly at the moment it will be too subjective.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^We can control bringing a new life into this world about like we can control a life exiting this world.

Life precedes humanity, and it's a mute point to speak of preventing it.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

I will add that while I'm vehemently against assisted suicide I'm also against families who can't let go of their loved ones who sustain sudden traumatic injuries and put them through invasive procedures that will only extend their pain and suffering.

I'm against assisted killing, but in certain situations I'm for the removal or non-use of life saving assistance.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The more interesting question is: When is it justified to bring a new life into this world knowing that it will suffer?
    When is it justified to bring about nuclear holocaust knowing it will end all suffering?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it