User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 328

  1. #171
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    ^There are likely many reasons for that, not attributable to any one thing I'd say.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  2. #172
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Why is this death cult culture so popular these days?

    I'm all for life.
    I'm all for life too. After watching my mother die slowly and painfully to cancer, my dad and I made a pact that if either of us gets like that, we bring the other cyanide.

    Suicide because some boy doesn't like you or you didn't make it in the school play is a waste of a life.

    Suicide as a way to die in your own terms when the galaxy of your body is dissipating, is another thing entirely.

  3. #173
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I'm all for life too. After watching my mother die slowly and painfully to cancer, my dad and I made a pact that if either of us gets like that, we bring the other cyanide.
    I've heard Dr Kavorkian say that usually those with cancer don't want to die any more quickly, even with the pain, because cancer can kill fairly quickly once you are very sick. He said it's usually those with chronic disabilities that seek/sought? his services.

    Personally, I don't agree with taking your life if you have a chronic disability because of my own spiritual and philosophical beliefs. But I do think, as I said before, when a person can no longer keep themselves alive mechanically, then it would be okay for them to pass on, without assistance. But that is a bit different than suicide I guess....

    Suicide because some boy doesn't like you or you didn't make it in the school play is a waste of a life.

    Suicide as a way to die in your own terms when the galaxy of your body is dissipating, is another thing entirely.
    Very well said. But I feel like not until it gets to the point of just impossibility to keep oneself alive. Which is a bit different. But that wouldn't be suicide then, just inevitable death.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  4. #174
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I've heard Dr Kavorkian say that usually those with cancer don't want to die any more quickly, even with the pain, because cancer can kill fairly quickly once you are very sick. He said it's usually those with chronic disabilities that seek/sought? his services.

    Personally, I don't agree with taking your life if you have a chronic disability because of my own spiritual and philosophical beliefs. But I do think, as I said before, when a person can no longer keep themselves alive mechanically, then it would be okay for them to pass on, without assistance. But that is a bit different than suicide I guess....



    Very well said. But I feel like not until it gets to the point of just impossibility to keep oneself alive. Which is a bit different. But that wouldn't be suicide then, just inevitable death.
    My point is somewhere northeast of where you are standing.

  5. #175
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Suicide is never not justified.

  6. #176
    sswwwaagggg gmanyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    275

    Default

    if you are on fire and going to burn to death then suicide is probably a pretty good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.

  7. #177
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772

    Default

    if we're meant to die we're meant to die, if not than we won't so try alll you like you probably won't die unless you were meant to in which case you'd probably get hit by a bus if you don't try.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #178
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,474

    Default

    Is it justified to ask whether suicide is justified? I mean, what's the point? The people who consider taking their own lives certainly won't take anybody else's opinion, and after the act is committed, it doesn't matter.

  9. #179
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Is it justified to ask whether suicide is justified? I mean, what's the point? The people who consider taking their own lives certainly won't take anybody else's opinion, and after the act is committed, it doesn't matter.
    That's not true there are plenty of people who consider taking their own lives who takes other peoples opinion.

  10. #180
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    The answer to this question, as to all moral questions, is: whatever you like.

Similar Threads

  1. Is superior force justifiable bully back a bully?
    By great_bay in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2016, 05:07 PM
  2. Is language essential for rational thinking?
    By nightning in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 07:38 PM
  3. What is Philosophy?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 09:10 PM
  4. Timing is everything?
    By Littlelostnf in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 03:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO