User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    4w5

Fluffyworf wrote: "We exist in all dimensions as we are now, but we can only perceive the first three dimensions (space) through our senses and experience the fourth (time) through memory. And we can only philosophise about dimensions beyond our comprehension.I think what you are refering to is a transcendence of our entity. 'Shedding' as it were our current bodies, and living as some form of energy or radiation perhaps, or a sort of matter that we can not perceive in the reality we live in that will be able to experience dimensions currently unknown to us. On a much deeper level then we could possibly understand now. After all as infinitaly complex the universe is, our understanding is but a very small part of it".

"Shedding"? wouldnt that be somehow similar to the religious notion of death ? and living as spirits? energy?

Enneagram
    4w5

i think I am not using the quoting on this forum correctly.. Sorry!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

"Shedding"? wouldnt that be somehow similar to the religious notion of death ? and living as spirits? energy?
    Why could it not be similar? But more importantly. Where did you get this belief from? Is there an actual cult/group/religion that beliefs this system you mentioned in the first post and may offer information in greater detail? Or is it more of a personal thought you had?

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    i think I am not using the quoting on this forum correctly.. Sorry!
    I think it missed a [/.quote] tag at the end, just before you start your own sentence. (without the dot in it.)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I don't think there is any difference. I may approach the unknown from a more scientific point of origin. But it's neither spiritual nor scientific. It's philosophical.

Besides, isn't spirituality no more than trying to explain that which we can not solve through our current level of knowledge, so in essence also a form of philosophy?
    Perhaps spirituality is more of a feeling of congruence with the reality one perceives. Since feelings go hand in hand with many physical processes, perhaps there are ways of understanding these feelings and replicating the processes they are correlated with in those who do not share them so that each human can have access to all of the myriad ways to feel.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Enneagram
    4w5

I was mainly referring to a disctinstion between science and sprituality.. I tend to categorize philosophy and sprituality together... Yes, the purpose perhaps is the same, "to explain the unknown" but science needs data and tangible evidance to proof a phenomena but philosophy and sprituality does not...

Enneagram
    4w5

Another Question... Does anyone feel that their exprience of their physical body are somehow different than most?? ummm,trying to verbalize a strange idea.. Ok, often feel that my body does not function the same as others....i.e. does not need much food or sleep to survive... or perhpas is more immune to pain??? perhaps I am more evolved?? read somewhere that future men will require less to survive... any thoughts??

Enneagram
    4w5

No there is no cult involved... Lately, have been reading more about sprituality ,..... and the general idea is that humanity as a whole is approaching a spritual awakening..... So not a personal belief but the one that I can comprehend and perhaps feels right ...!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Another Question... Does anyone feel that their exprience of their physical body are somehow different than most?? ummm,trying to verbalize a strange idea.. Ok, often feel that my body does not function the same as others....i.e. does not need much food or sleep to survive... or perhpas is more immune to pain??? perhaps I am more evolved?? read somewhere that future men will require less to survive... any thoughts??
    This might seem to come out of nowhere, but that line of thinking is a dangerous one.

Apart from the fact that you're going off on a tangent that I could only describe as unhealthy, I don't have any thoughts about that. No.

I mean, you don't know how other people's bodies feel, or how much they need, or how well they cope with pain. Assuming your body is 'better' than others isn't likely to get you anywhere you should be. I would ask myself wether or not you are walking on the right path. As you seem to be creating a distance between yourself and the rest of the people for whatever reason you might have. Wether to escape the loss of you relationship or cope with some other stuff. All of which might lead to mental instability. You should ask yourself if perhaps you should seek some counceling to help you on the right path and deal with your loss.

At least ask yourself why this is so important to you, and what you expect to gain from it.

If you're just geniunly throwing thoughts around, that's fine, but the thoughts of you I just quoted won't serve any useful purpose. I can tell you that for a fact. :P

Enneagram
    4w5

No perhaps i did not verbalize my thoughts clearly. I dont think Im a better than anyone else or more evolved in a sense of being superior..... Thats not at all what I meant.

How other bodies feel is subjective and you are right, but you still can exchange ideas...... since very young age, I have been told by others who see me daily that :your body needs to be studied"! I eat perhaps less than a 300 calories a day and sleep less than 2 hours, yet have much energy and never been sick... dont get injured easily....etc. I mentioned it here perhaps bc there is no proper forum to state shuch bizzare...

Although i appreciate your concern, the loss of a relationship or..... has nothing to do with this...And there is no intention of gaining anything here, just freely stating an epxrience...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

No perhaps i did not verbalize my thoughts clearly. I dont think Im a better than anyone else or more evolved in a sense of being superior..... Thats not at all what I meant.

How other bodies feel is subjective and you are right, but you still can exchange ideas...... since very young age, I have been told by others who see me daily that :your body needs to be studied"! I eat perhaps less than a 300 calories a day and sleep less than 2 hours, yet have much energy and never been sick... Many other expamples. dont get injured easily...... I mention this here perhaps bc there is no proper forum to state shuch bizzare...

Although i appreciate your concern, the loss of a relationship or..... has nothing to do with this...And there is no intention of gaining anything here, just freely stating an epxrience...
    Alright that's fine, just wanted to be sure before I'd say another thing.

As for your bodily needs, I doubt it has any spiritual significance. It just says something about your effeciency for absorbing calories. Although sleeping two hours every day, never any longer, can have nasty side effects. But there are many people with sleeping disorders or insomnia that more often than not sleep less than that even. If you can sleep for two hours and reach rem sleep during most of that time, you'll probably be able to function quite well. The problem with sleep deprivation usually begins when people can't reach or have trouble reaching rem sleep.

I have a sleeping disorder as well in that I continuesly sleep less and less each day until I have a day I dont sleep at all, usually causing me to be in a rut the next day, and then I can sleep proper again, and then every consequent day I sleep less again. But due to my irregular work hours and shifts, I have a mch easier time with it now than I had when I was conforming to a regular sleep patterns.

As for eating, I eat like a horse, but then again I am 6'4, a rather large specimen. :P