User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Then do you relate to how your thoughts may make others feel?
    I don't recall sharing my thoughts with you.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    That's not correct for me. And my Christian belief system comes from the Bible.

EDIT: I don't think Calvinists or Mormons or any other man made variation of Christianity is going to hell, even though they think I am.
    By what do you mean man made? Solo scripture is heretical but it doesnt even really make logical sense, at least not to me.

The bible came out of tradition which preceeded it and there has been a tradition since, it makes much more sense to ground a faith in tradition than a book which is its byproduct. Jesus was a believer in the oral tradition and tradition itself, otherwise he would have spent his time on earth writing a book instead.

I dont believe you're going to hell, in fact its impossible to know that and it does something to the heart or mind of anyone who wishes that sort of thing or believes it. If hell exists as anything other than a harrowing process in which the last vestiges of this life and ungodliness are dispensed with then it is a condition endorsed by those in it, the keys to hell being on the inside, it was created afterall by the turning away from and betrayal of God. Which in itself is telling, God could have annihilated all opposition and fated them to oblivion, instead he gave them a kingdom to live in forever. Not exactly victors justice as practiced by humankind.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I don't recall sharing my thoughts with you.
    I assumed when you answered "Yes." To my previous set of questions that you were answeing for both questions. Sorry if I misinterpreted you.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Then do you relate to how your thoughts may make others feel?

What if each person reflects a face of god? What if god is not perfect?
    It would depend on what you mean as perfect, do you think humans are good guides or have an idea of what perfection is that is objective? After all we're not innately or ordinarily in full possession of the facts, not even following research and careful consideration usually.

I do think that we are all made in God's image, I also believe that it is important to remember that God in the earliest Hebrew texts is often defined in a negative or other sense, it is taboo to describe positive attributes of God and instead God is refered to as what he is not, he is not Baal, he is not the Golden Calf, he is not any graven image or idol carved by man.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Aye, and I wondered if they do that out of fear of losing their beliefs if they would question it. Like they are brainwashed into believing theyre is no choice but never made the choice to believe themselves. They will keep on shunning anyone from any other belief in order to reaffirm their own to themselves.
    I've thought that too sometimes, on the other hand I've met people who are definitely on an ego trip and buzzed that they are favoured and other damned.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Because you believe it is right and good to evangelize the entire earth to stop believing in any "wrong" or "inferior" heathen pagan religion that suggests there are goddesses as well as gods, or that the force of the universe is a balance between feminine and masculine energy. Because you want to stop all social programs that don't punish women for being unmarried and not subject to a man.

Because your parents said so.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It would depend on what you mean as perfect, do you think humans are good guides or have an idea of what perfection is that is objective? After all we're not innately or ordinarily in full possession of the facts, not even following research and careful consideration usually.

I do think that we are all made in God's image, I also believe that it is important to remember that God in the earliest Hebrew texts is often defined in a negative or other sense, it is taboo to describe positive attributes of God and instead God is refered to as what he is not, he is not Baal, he is not the Golden Calf, he is not any graven image or idol carved by man.
    Perhaps god is loving, but not omniscient or omnipotent. Perhaps god is "learning alongside with us" if you will.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

On a serious note Id like to say that though I am not one, I do believe Catholics are the only real Christians because they adore Mary as mother of God, bringing a balance of masculine and feminine, and they tend to believe in the actual teachings of Jesus ... You know, like take care of the poor and the sick and the dying.

And despite their shady past due to culture, you don't see many Catholics setting fire to gay people, either.

Sniffles

*On second thought*
    Last edited by Sniffles; 06-17-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Probably best I stay out of this discussion.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I understand. This happens among Christians too. I was cornered by a couple of Calvinists at a meetup group last week. It turned sour when they scoffed and called me Arminian. I had no idea what a Calvinist or an Arminian was. When they told me, I realized they were scoffing at me because they thought I was going to hell. Terrible. I don't do that.
    These are the kind of Christians that make the real believers look bad.