• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why believe in Christianity???

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I believe I will have fun tomorrow night.

That certainly counts as a belief.

I hope I have fun tonight. Have a date at Blackfinn's happy hour at 6.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you getting up to tomorrow night?

G

Ginkgo

That certainly counts as a belief.

I hope I have fun tonight. Have a date at Blackfinn's happy hour at 6.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you getting up to tomorrow night?

Hope sucks. It sets you up for failure.

Beliefs can always be amended with 100% success.

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that can ensure success.

So until then... hope is the best I have.

I'm too cautious because of who I am to assume things are going to go well with a girl.

More to the point, I've been burned in the past by being to self assured that things were going to go well with a girl. Pride goeth before the fall and all that.

So for me, and for my chances of success, it's better if I hope things will go well, but not assume anything, than believe they will go well and in my over confidence scare off the game I was trying to chase.

Beorn

Permabanned

That's because you have things backwards. Failure is a source of hope if we endure through the suffering from failure.

As it is written:

Romans 5:3-5 said:
3 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,
4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,
5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because if not you'd go to God's jail, Hell, and you won't get to play when Jesus comes back for all those who died a Christian and burried in a church or; something. It's like you get Heaven, and then Jesus raises you from the dead when The World ends, it's win win for the Christian.